Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Of course, we don't know how much of the unfinished content was voice acted, but even if most of it already is, you must also take under consideration that it's doubtful they did it for all languages at once, most likely limiting themselves to English until very late into development, which means they still had to record all of that for the other versions.

I don't think so. Some part of the Polish VA was done before late 2013. I doubt that they gathered the actors to say only few lines in VGX trailer. At least the quest from 2013 closed door presentation was fully voice acted in Polish version.
[video=youtube;By701w8Y-2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By701w8Y-2k[/video]

Of course, we don't know how much of the unfinished content was voice acted, but even if most of it already is, you must also take under consideration that it's doubtful they did it for all languages at once, most likely limiting themselves to English until very late into development, which means they still had to record all of that for the other versions.

I'm pretty sure the VA is recorded around the same time. Borys directs the English, along with Kate from SIDE, and Marcin handles the Polish, I believe.

I'm not ready to full explain everything I know about this (soon), but I know of a lot of stuff got recorded that wasn't used. At least, in the English version.

Last edited:
About a week ago, there was an interview by Japanese game media Famitsu, which was only published on paper so that I couldn't post here.Today, Famitsu has posted same interview on internet about B&W and so on. There are several interesting stuff, part of which I'm to translate except for that be already known.
Source is here, interviewed with Adam Badowski and Rafal Jaki (THANK YOU BOTH AS ALWAYS FOR JAPANESE GAMERS!).

About Gwent in B&W
Rafal: We'll introduce new Gwent deck. And I and Damien who created Gwent will appear in B&W. Damien Monnier appears in role of the person who introduces new Gwent cards.
interviewer: How about you?
Rafal: I'm next to him as dwarf.:D

Question from users

Q: Do you have any creators you respect in Japan?
Adam&Rafal: Miyazaki-san!
Interviewer:You mean Hidetaka Miyazaki in From-Software?
Rafal: Yes. I'm hyped for "DARK SOULS III" (at this time DS3 was not available yet). In addition, I am interested in Hideo Kojima as well.
Adam: Regarding the games, I like Final Fantasy series, especially Final Fantsy VII:D, so I'm looking forward to "Final Fantasy VII Remake".

Q: When we play TW3, we've got some impression of Japan-ish, for example; "Seiza" (meaning sitting upright, Seiza is a very popular habit for Japanese people). When Geralt meditates he sits upright. Is that style associated with Ronin? ("Ronin" means some kind of Samurai, especially who doesn't belong to anyone or anywhere)
Rafal: In some way, I can say that the elements of Witcher-character is like a vagabond who roam the world, fighting with his sword, being confident in himself with his own moral. I think there's some similarities between the Withcer and the Ronin from the point of view of those characters.
Adam: As for Seiza, there is no references in Sapkowski's novel. I'm not sure whether or not Seiza was designed with a motif of Ronin. Geralt is reticent and not sloppy, so we made him sit upright when he meditates in front of his sword and his portions expressing his respect.
Interviewer: Do you have a culture or a habit to sit upright in Poland?
Rafal: No, we don't. There was a thematic art work called "Respect for Opponents". So Ronin might impact on some part, I'd say.
Adam: When we decided TW3's policy of main visual in a meeting, there come a lot of words related to the Ronin. Those who are reticent, have mixed feelings, take a stand on what they believe in. Those characters appear in Japanese Movie like Zatoichi or Japanese Animation.

Q: Do you have any specific favorite female character?
Rafal: With only regard to the character, Ciri. Considering to the relationship with Geralt, Yennefer.
Adam: Ciri. I think she was the most elaborated character for configuration. She treats Geralt as not only a friend but also father. She was also difficult to depict her character in the game. Therefore I have a deep attachment to her.

Q: Everytime we go to armorer in Novigrad, he says "Top Notch Sword!" Why is that?
Adam: That's mistake.:facepalm2: It was wrong from the beginning when Polish writer drew the line.

Last edited:
GOTY's are overrated anyway... everybody gets one it seems. How can Witcher 3 win and yet Fallout still get's like what? 3 or even 4? How can Dragon Age Inquisition win one if any?

Of course but it's also a bit of a punch to the gut if you clearly have the better game and yet because it's an industry award basically every other game by a big company also gets an award... it's ridiculous.

Guys, do we have the info WHEN exactly does the game unlock on Steam? It says 3 days.
They said it unlocks 1am CET Warsaw/Berlin 12am Greenage Time (London) and 4pm on the 30th in Los Angeles and that this would be across the board. So it should be the same for steam.

For those who may not know, Noclip has compiled a short documentary series about CDPR and The Witcher Series. Today's third episode looks into the open world design of Witcher III. The remaining three episodes (releasing next week) will be devoted to other aspects of Witcher III. I encourage anyone who is interested in the development of the game to check it out, over in General Discussions: Noclip's The Witcher Documentary Series.

Top Bottom