witcher 3 next gen photo mode not working

+
Hello. I just started up the new next gen witcher in hopes of finally taking good looking screenshots with a phot mode but it sadly isnt working. Everyone keeps saying its binded to "U" by default but on my game it wasnt even binded at all. I tried multiple buttons but none of them worked. Has someone had a similar problem and did you find a solution?

For me it works perfectly, but steam screen shot which is F12 by default doesnt work in witcher 3, i checked in other games it works, dunno how to solve this. did full file check after downloading the game but still doesn't work.

For me it works perfectly, but steam screen shot which is F12 by default doesnt work in witcher 3, i checked in other games it works, dunno how to solve this. did full file check after downloading the game but still doesn't work.
i think that the f12 doesnt work because of the new red launcher, but the ingame photo mode not working is bothering me so much

I'm having the same issue as OP.

i think that the f12 doesnt work because of the new red launcher, but the ingame photo mode not working is bothering me so much
Overlay like Steam, RTSS etc. is not working because of "d3d11on12.dll", try renaming it.

Apologies if this has already been reported.

Is anyone else getting an almost blank red screen when entering photo mode?
If yes is the any solution to this?

Thought it might be a bug with HDR but it does it with it off too.

Attachments

• 1671062772079.png
    1671062772079.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 117
Threads merged.

If there are issues with photo mode and the solution from ThraxxMedia doesn't do anything, I suggest sending a ticket to CDPR. For example using this form:

Verify/repair might be worth a try too in some cases:

And if some of you are using mods, maybe that could cause problems too - but I don't know if that can affect photo mode too.

i posted the same question and my thread got removed...

And no, as you can see it didn't get removed.

Threads merged.

If there are issues with photo mode and the solution from ThraxxMedia doesn't do anything, I suggest sending a ticket to CDPR. For example using this form:

Verify/repair might be worth a try too in some cases:

And if some of you are using mods, maybe that could cause problems too - but I don't know if that can affect photo mode too.

And no, as you can see it didn't get removed.
oh shoot it got moved, youre right. im sorry </3
Post automatically merged:

I'm having the same issue as OP.

Overlay like Steam, RTSS etc. is not working because of "d3d11on12.dll", try renaming it.
rename it to what if i may ask ?

Apologies if this has already been reported.

Is anyone else getting an almost blank red screen when entering photo mode?
If yes is the any solution to this?

Thought it might be a bug with HDR but it does it with it off too.
Hi, I have the exactly same problem... Red screen.
Sometimes I get almost full black screen and sometimes black screen with a round linght in the middle.
Anyway, I cant use photo mode :sad:

Hi, I have the exactly same problem... Red screen.
Sometimes I get almost full black screen and sometimes black screen with a round linght in the middle.
Anyway, I cant use photo mode :sad:

The round thing in the middle almost sounds like the vignette issue again. Try going into your graphics options and ENABLE that. For some reason, having it switched off causes problems right now.

The round thing in the middle almost sounds like the vignette issue again. Try going into your graphics options and ENABLE that. For some reason, having it switched off causes problems right now.
Can confirm turning vignette back on allowed photo mode to function correctly for me.

GeForce Photo Mode won't let me take high-res screenshots while in the game's photo mode. Says it's restricted.

But I can take high-res shots while outside of photo mode, but the images get all distorted. Either it'll transpose multiple shots into one, or it will creating a double image/ghosting image.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 Super-Resolution 2022.12.19 - 02.28.28.33.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Super-Resolution 2022.12.19 - 02.28.28.33.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
GeForce Photo Mode won't let me take high-res screenshots while in the game's photo mode. Says it's restricted.

But I can take high-res shots while outside of photo mode, but the images get all distorted. Either it'll transpose multiple shots into one, or it will creating a double image/ghosting image.
this is not a thread for nvidia photomode...those are two different things

Photo mode is still not even opening on my PC, no key is assigned to it in the key binding settings... and if I assign it manually, the game ignores it. Nothing happens if I press the butten. And after a restart the assignment is gone again.

A minor problem, for sure, compared to the fact that the game is next to unplayable due to stuttering and low FPS. But annoying anyway, especially when CDPR is holding a "photo contest" instead of fixing photo mode.

Photo mode is still not even opening on my PC, no key is assigned to it in the key binding settings... and if I assign it manually, the game ignores it. Nothing happens if I press the butten. And after a restart the assignment is gone again.

A minor problem, for sure, compared to the fact that the game is next to unplayable due to stuttering and low FPS. But annoying anyway, especially when CDPR is holding a "photo contest" instead of fixing photo mode.

Well... the fix linked in my initial post here pretty much addresses that. Have you tried? That key binding appearing to be reset on the menu currently is a known issue, I came up with the above solution specifically for people who ran into it. If you tried, but the bindings reset anyway, try again but also setting the config file to be write-protected as well.

/edit: I saw you actually posted a comment on the other thread, too. So you should be aware.
CDPR have said that there's an update for the game on the horizon, let's hope this is one of the things they touched upon.

Last edited:
Well... the fix linked in my initial post here pretty much addresses that. Have you tried?

No, I did not and will not start editing the game files. Especially as nearly always the answer to any report of crashes, stuttering, etc. is "that probably the game files are corrupted, so pleeeeease make a new install of all 50 GB again."
My idea was - and is - to wait for CDPR to fix this bug.

Sadly after more than 4 months now they did not. But this is -- even more sadly --- now irrelevant as Witcher 3 is totally unplayable on DX11 due to permanent crashes with patch 4.02. I deinstalled the game for good - after loving version 1.32 for nearly 1300 hours.

Hello. I just started up the new next gen witcher in hopes of finally taking good looking screenshots with a phot mode but it sadly isnt working. Everyone keeps saying its binded to "U" by default but on my game it wasnt even binded at all. I tried multiple buttons but none of them worked. Has someone had a similar problem and did you find a solution?
Can't do anything abt photomode in ps5. Plz help

Top Bottom