Witcher 3- next gen update going to Origin by EA?

+
It works :) I launched EA app Witcher by "run as Administrator", then CDPR launcher window popped up and from there game is in 4.0.0. version. Did new quest and even created new Wolf school armour already :) . In EA app however it still showing "update available" and play button is not there, but who cares. Good luck to you guys, I think post to be closed.
I have the same problem with the EA App... Witcher 3 is stuck in "update needed".
I will try running the EA App as Administrator.

So Witcher 3 does update through the Origin App which I had to reinstall. It is Witcher 3 updated to V4.0.

It plays just fine through the Origin App.

Now the other problem:
Witcher 3 on the new EA App is stuck at update required. If you click to update, it acts like it does but still stays stuck at update required. There is no option to play it.

So, I am now stuck with the EA App (for all games except Witcher 3) and Origin App (for Witcher 3) till EA fixes it.

I did try to run the EA App as administrator but Witcher 3 still is stuck in an update loop.
Solved: Re: How do I get the NEXT GEN witcher 3 update - Page 4 - Answer HQ (ea.com)

I have the same problem with the EA App... Witcher 3 is stuck in "update needed".
I will try running the EA App as Administrator.
Do not try to run EA App as Administrator... When you installing Witcher 3, tick "create game shortcut on desktop" and then run this shortcut as Admin.

So Witcher 3 does update through the Origin App which I had to reinstall. It is Witcher 3 updated to V4.0.

It plays just fine through the Origin App.

Now the other problem:
Witcher 3 on the new EA App is stuck at update required. If you click to update, it acts like it does but still stays stuck at update required. There is no option to play it.

So, I am now stuck with the EA App (for all games except Witcher 3) and Origin App (for Witcher 3) till EA fixes it.

I did try to run the EA App as administrator but Witcher 3 still is stuck in an update loop.
Solved: Re: How do I get the NEXT GEN witcher 3 update - Page 4 - Answer HQ (ea.com)
How you can have EA app and Origin at the same time? Origin automatically updated to EA app as soon as I launched it. I have windows 11 however, so dont know if this is the case on older operational systems.

Guest 4670038

Do not try to run EA App as Administrator... When you installing Witcher 3, tick "create game shortcut on desktop" and then run this shortcut as Admin.

How you can have EA app and Origin at the same time? Origin automatically updated to EA app as soon as I launched it. I have windows 11 however, so dont know if this is the case on older operational systems.
Some of us declined the update to EA app and are still using the Origin app only.
Post automatically merged:

On facebook of ,the witcher ,they say that update is released for origin as well, but I still don't see any update on my end. Can you guys check?
I just launched Origin and the Witcher 3 began auto updating...so, I guess that's a good sign.

W3 complete edition : after updated via Origin, i started the game and load a save file but it says i need 2 more quests to download, which i had via update ?!
This is unexceptable from CDP, again a big fail after cp77

Guest 4670038

W3 complete edition : after updated via Origin, i started the game and load a save file but it says i need 2 more quests to download, which i had via update ?!
This is unexceptable from CDP, again a big fail after cp77
Two more quests?

Just a PSA: CDPR released a Hotfix (4.00.2), but it doesn't seem to be available on the EA app. This won't impact you, afaik, if you don't have mods installed, or if you don't update them to the hotfix version. I have mods, and some of them have been updated for the hotfix, so now my game won't launch.

The Error I get: Can't find function "GetToxicityOffset"

It's been almost a month since the next gen update released and I'm still waiting for it to come to the EA App, how can they release it for Origin and not for the newer EA platform, when will it be releasing there? I'd redownload Origin if I knew where to even look to download it again since EA no longer supports it.

It's been almost a month since the next gen update released and I'm still waiting for it to come to the EA App, how can they release it for Origin and not for the newer EA platform, when will it be releasing there? I'd redownload Origin if I knew where to even look to download it again since EA no longer supports it.
As far as I understand, next-gen update is already available on Origin since a little while...
I can confirm it's on Origin now. BOOM! Thank you CDPR! Keep kicking a$s

I don't have Origin installed though, I only have the newer EA Desktop software and it's currently not available for that.

With all of my issues with Origin and EA, as well as the latest blunder with the W3 next-gen update, I will not be purchasing any more games from them. Cloud saves cannot be reliably disabled, and cloud sync causes my games to take more than 30 minutes to load. I tried to fix it and reinstalled it so many times that I finally gave up. Because of this, I am unable to play several games that I have purchased.

Top Bottom