Witcher 3 on consoles - target 60fps or 30? 1080p or 720p ?

+
Witcher 3 on consoles - target 60fps or 30? 1080p or 720p ?

I am very much wondering what specs is CDP targeting for both PS4/X720 and PC.
I was playing Witcher 2 at ultra in 1080p at 30-40fps on my PC, and it was great, but I would much prefer 60fps.
I would sacrifice some effects and polygons for that (talking about console version here!)
Personally I choose the fourth option - give me 1080p/60fps on consoles, CDP!

You do realize you could play TW2 on 60 FPS with the highest graphical settings besides ubersampling right? I personally can.

So I say, none of these options. Give me a fifth one where I can have everything 1080p, 60 FPS and awesome polygons, effects and so on provided I have a strong enough rig and if you don't you can still achieve 60 FPS by lowering effects and such.

PCs by their nature should account for ALL these options anyway.

As for the PS4. Eh dunno.

CostinMoroianu said:
You do realize you could play TW2 on 60 FPS with the highest graphical settings besides ubersampling right? I personally can.

So I say, none of these options. Give me a fifth one where I can have everything 1080p, 60 FPS and awesome polygons, effects and so on provided I have a strong enough rig and if you don't you can still achieve 60 FPS by lowering effects and such.

Pretty much this.

Regarding "what are they targeting for", my guess, based on TW2, is the best possible. And again, as with TW2, they need to optimise separately for consoles and PC - PC shouldn't be compromised.

So I'd need to agree with everyone else. All four options are too low as targets. And what you get will depend on what you play the game on.

Why should it matter to the PC crowd ? They can have it all. These are musings interesting only to PS4 (and probably XBox720) owners.

Its hard to tell but from what it looks like PS4 and new Xbox should be powerful enough to run it in 1080p. Looking at the demos of PS4, if others can do it why not CDPR.

I would like to hear one thing from CDPR; They said that TW2 will be the best looking RPG on 2011, now it would be amazing if they could say the same thing about TW3!

Aver

Forum veteran
PS4/X720 probably won't be able to run games with high-end graphics at 1080p with smooth framerate. I think that most of games will be 720p/60 fps. At least this is what journalists are saying.

For PC such presets are pointless. ;)

Let's be honest. Consoles are not built for power, they're built for convenience.

A coworker was talking about the supposed specs of the PS4 saying it would destroy gaming PC's. I took a look at them and sighed. Those specs look like a modern medium-range PC. The difference is all PS4's and X720's will share the exact same architecture and configuration and developers can optimize their games for that, so they can take the system to the limit. But I believe the average PC gamer already has a machine with similar or better performance.

As others said, CDPR doesn't have to "target" anything for the PC, because it's an open platform and different people will be able to run games at different levels of performance. I, however, expect RED Engine 3 to not be much more demanding than RED Engine 2, perhaps even more efficient, but considering the large, open world we anticipate for TW3 we might need machines a bit more powerful than the minimum for TW2.

For consoles, I suppose they will have something like true 1920x1080 and medium settings at around 30-40 FPS.

CostinMoroianu said:

Yes yes well obviously this is mostly aimed at consoles, on PC you are limited by your budget. Thank you captain obvious : ). Still the console target could have some impact on the PC version as well, for example the scale of various graphics options.

Aver

Forum veteran
Volsung said:
But I believe the average PC gamer already has a machine with similar or better performance.

Actually if you take a look at Steam's survey statistics you will find out that average PC specs are way below specs of PS4.

Aver said:
Actually if you take a look at Steam's survey statistics you will find out that average PC specs are way below specs of PS4.

Well I suppose people with all sorts of machines use Steam, since they have a LOT of casual games as well. A coworker of mine plays games like Tower Defense on his old laptop all the time, using Steam. But that's not a gaming PC.

Aver

Forum veteran
Volsung said:
Well I suppose people with all sorts of machines use Steam, since they have a LOT of casual games as well. A coworker of mine plays games like Tower Defense on his old laptop all the time, using Steam. But that's not a gaming PC.

Even if you won't count mobile video cards. I would say that there are a lot of 'gaming' video cards there, but a lot of them are like 4-5 years old. People just don't buy new hardware that often. Only 45% of graphics card supports DX11 and since 2009 every new card supports DX11 ;).

Aver said:

PS4 is looking like the equivalent of a PC with a weak CPU and a strong GPU comparable to a desktop 7850. If what we've seen from TW2 is a good predictor, they may well be able to get 60 fps at 1080 from it.

Not happy... not happy at all. CDP, we, the PC gamers, are your true and only fans. Screw us, and we are going to screw you.

My collector edition pre-order will never occurs because of that news!

With all this mentality about listening to your fans, you are now on the train wreck to hell where you are never going to be able to dodge the catastrophe you have initiated.

My aim is high end PC. 1920X3 by 1080... minimum.

Not useless console jokes which aim for 60 fps by 1080p... little news, I already play at that resolution at better frame rate than that!

I want the games with their true self(1080p 60fps). I don't want them to be limited. This is how the games express their magic to their gamers. :)

I know CD Projekt will do it, since they're PC fans, like us. :)

Redgarl said:
Not happy... not happy at all. CDP, we, the PC gamers, are your true and only fans. Screw us, and we are going to screw you.

With all this mentality about listening to your fans, you are now on the train wreck to hell where you are never going to be able to dodge the catastrophe you have initiated.

Redgarl said:
My aim is high end PC. 1920X3 by 1080... minimum.

Not useless console jokes which aim for 60 fps by 1080p... little news, I already play at that resolution at better frame rate than that!

You are being absolutely ridiculous. The fact that TW3 will be released on consoles TOO doesn't mean that they won't make a proper PC version. Did you even play The Witcher 2? It is available on the XBox 360 and still it is one of the better looking games on PC. Few current PC's can handle TW2 with maximum detail (including Übersampling), especially at the resolutions you suggest.

And finally, WHO CARES ABOUT GRAPHICS? What we want is an excellent game.

Redgarl said:

They could do with a lot less "fans" like you. Jesus Christ. I can't stand people like you making paper weight threats. CDPR NEED to be on all top platforms, PC, PS4 and NextBox so they can increase the size of their team and fund their own games.

A proper fan would be happy with this expansion.

Seriously I am a hardcore PC gamer, but people like Redgarl give us a bad rep. Just embarassing.

Agbeth said:
There should be an option in this poll push everything to the max

This is about consoles. Obviously on PC you can go as far as your budget allows. God I really hate having to restate the obvious..

Top Bottom