Witcher 3 on Wii U?

+
Witcher 3 on Wii U?

I am sure I am going to get laughed off these forums for this question. But I am curious if anyone thinks the Wii U will get the Witcher 3. Their announcement said all high end systems, but I am guessing that applies only to PC, Nextbox, and PS4 (since some don't consider the Wii U "high end."). My guess is that they will claim that the Wii U doesn't have the base and perhaps not even the horsepower to do what the Witcher 3 requires. The problem is, my laptop (which ran the original Witcher great) is four years old now. I may get a new one thing spring, but as a college student, I may pass on that for another year or two. I would be willing to get the Witcher on the Nextbox, which I will probably purchase shortly after release, but I am very hesitant to do so. I found that The Witcher 2's inventory system was horrible on the XBox360 and would be tough to fix otherwise. With the Wii U, however, the touchpad would work amazingly for managing the inventory.

Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

No, you shouldn't get laughed off for the question, but the only answer you can be given is "we don't know". CDPR haven't made any announcements yet, and I could be wrong, but I don't really expect any announcement in the near future. The assumptions are that it will be the next-gen MS/Sony, but these are just educated guesses, not acknowledged facts.

So I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait and see.

They haven't officialy announced the gaming systems TW3 will be released on but I wouldn't hold my breath for a WiiU release. I'm all for bringing the game to more people but I highly doubt that it's going to end up on Nintendo's console. Only time will tell though.

Thanks for the response. I just feel there is so much that could be done with the game pad. I don't mean motion controls either. The game pad could make ranged weapons a lot simpler to use, yet harder to master.

I see it as highly unlikely. Wii U isn't next gen, and the mature content in TW3 would not sit well with Nintendo. They aim for a different fan base altogether.

slimgrin said:
I see it as highly unlikely. Wii U isn't next gen, and the mature content in TW3 would not sit well with Nintendo. They aim for a different fan base altogether.

Depends on if your sole definition of next gen is graphic based. Graphically, no, it's not really next generation (though I don't expect graphics to increase so much on the nextbox/PS4 anyways. More likely, just more movable objects and what not). Though I don't believe the full potential has been revealed yet since you can see a major difference between say Oblivion on 360 and Skyrim on 360. It takes time to develop. I do, however, think that the gamepad is next generation. As for saying the mature content won't sit well with Nintendo. That's not true at all. Manhunt 2 was on the Wii, but was not offered on the PS3 or XBox 360 (it was released on the PS2, however). The game was so brutal that the ESRB rated it AO and thus a lot of the violence was blurred out. Nevertheless, Nintendo was going to allow it to be released with the full brutality had the ESRB given it a mature rating instead of an AO rating. In my opinion, it's unfortunate that the ESRB did that. I believe that is part of the reason it didn't have huge sales and it could have changed a lot of developers thoughts about Nintendo systems.

Chromie92 said:
So not actually being the next generation isn't enough anymore?

Not for me it isn't

Seriously though, I'm just going off their statement about 'high end platforms'. The Wii U seems marginally better than the 8 yr old consoles we have now. Glenfidd educated me about the mature content bit so I was wrong on that note.

Chromie92 said:

No, you also have to consider the appropriateness of the game for the console. I can't imagine carrying out withcer controls or navigating its environment with the limitations of the wii U.

Chromie92 said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed
It has a GPU equivalent of a lower end Radeon from 2008. CPU is even much much worse case. Wii had the same CPU as Gamecube, only overclocked. Wii U is still based on the same thing, altough it has much higher clockspeed and is triple-core. Still, it's actually behind both Xbox and PS3, TECH FROM 2005.

cmdrflashheart said:
No, you also have to consider the appropriateness of the game for the console. I can't imagine carrying out withcer controls or navigating its environment with the limitations of the wii U.

What do you mean? The WiiU's controller is probably the best console gamepad atm.

ReptilePZ said:
What do you mean? The WiiU's controller is probably the best console gamepad atm.

You know what, you're right about that. I can only imagine witcher on the PC because of my limited exposure to wii U, and bias against consoles.

cmdrflashheart said:

I have a feeling you've never used the Wii U gamepad before. First, before I get into the gamepad. The Wii U pro controller is essentially an XBox 360 controller except the right buttons are below the right joystick. Thus if for some reason the gamepad was completely incompatible with the Witcher 3 (which wouldn't make much sense), then the pro controller could be used instead. Second, while the gamepad is capable of motion controls, it's not built like the Wiimote was. When playing Zombie mode on Black Ops 2, I found that I could use the gamepad just as easily as the pro controller. In fact, when it came to playing with a friend in the same room, the Wii U version was superior to the 360 and PS3 versions for the simple fact that the screen didn't have to be split. I played on the gamepad while my friend played using the TV and the pro controller. It is a bit bulky, but is just as natural as anything else.

cmdrflashheart said:
The problem is, can the Wii U even run TW2? without some extreme graphical downgrades of course.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is on the Wii U and according to the company, is 100% identical in every way to the PS3 and XBox360 versions. Assassin's Creed 3 was only slightly toned down in ways most wouldn't even notice. Probably a result of development starting later.

cmdrflashheart said:
You know what, you're right about that. I can only imagine witcher on the PC because of my limited exposure to wii U, and bias against consoles.

Oh, I don't blame you. The Witcher 2 is hard to control on the 360 version (I didn't realize you were comparing it to the PC). Actually, the controls are fine. It's just the inventory that is hard to deal with. You can tell the game was made for the PC. But, I think the gamepad could negate all those issues and make it comparable to the PC. You could have quick changes between signs or weapons by simply touching the right spot on the pad.

GlenfiddichWhisky said:
Oh, I don't blame you. The Witcher 2 is hard to control on the 360 version (I didn't realize you were comparing it to the PC). Actually, the controls are fine. It's just the inventory that is hard to deal with. You can tell the game was made for the PC.

It's funny you say that because PC folk say it's too consolish :rolleyes: I am at the intersection of PC and console gaming- I like playing PC games with a controller and on my TV. Not too many PC games out there that let that happen, so I usually have to make up my own controls with tools like Xpadder. Things we do for fun, eh :)

cmdrflashheart said:
It's funny you say that because PC folk say it's too consolish :rolleyes:/> I am at the intersection of PC and console gaming- I like playing PC games with a controller and on my TV. Not too many PC games out there that let that happen, so I usually have to make up my own controls with tools like Xpadder. Things we do for fun, eh :)/>

The cool thing about the WiiU controller is that it has a touch screen on it. So using an inventory like the one in TW1 would be totally doable on the WiiU.

Actually wiiu IS next gen. ps4 and xbox 720 not gonna be way more powerful than wiiu. Wiiu isn't that week, console devs just have no idea how to properly code for it yet. There is common misconception that wiiu is weak because it has shit processor, while this is true, wiiu has shit processor, it also has general purpose computing gpu that is quite strong, that means gpu in wiiu can take some of cpu tasks. Last gen console games were coded in completely different way, that's why xbox to wiiu ports run like shit, same thing with console to pc ports actually. For example dark souls almost ignore your gpu, game looks like shit and runs like shit because it is based on cpu coding, that's why you need high end cpu to play ds with all fixes and 60fps, that doesn't mean modern pcs are weak, just devs are incompetent and must catch up to technology.

GlenfiddichWhisky said:
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is on the Wii U and according to the company, is 100% identical in every way to the PS3 and XBox360 versions. Assassin's Creed 3 was only slightly toned down in ways most wouldn't even notice. Probably a result of development starting later.

I dont know, i can run Assassins Creed 3 easier than the witcher 2, and TW3 is going to be open world and have some serious upgrades.

Like i said, i dont know, im dont have a clear idea of what the WiiU is capable of, but if AC3 was already toned down even minimally, it doesnt seem to look too good for TW3.

Call of duty BLOPS 2, dont have it but considering the tech it uses id say is not even close to how taxing TW2 is.

Top Bottom