Witcher 3 Patch 1.32 just hit Steam!

+
I just got an update for Witcher 3 a few minutes back for patch 1.32. Yes, after more than 2 years of patch 1.31.
But I don't see any patch notes just yet. Anyone has any info on this?
Something to do with the 11th anniversary of Witcher series I'm sure, but would love to know what changed, since I'm actually in the middle of a playthrough.

:unsure:
Nothing on GOG (GOTY version). Don't have my Steam copy installed, so can't check that.
Can't recall seeing anything on any official channels, either.

Super weird.

Ah, mystery solved. VG 24/7 reports on the patch:
Development team added support for Simplified Chinese to the game today.

“We had to add Simplified Chinese strings file, update the executable and one of patch.bundle files for that,” he said. “If you had mods installed it may happen that this update resulted in game not starting.

“It’s due to the fact that if Steam sees an update, it compares the files you have with the files on servers and overrides them if there’s a difference. So your mod scripts could be overridden.

Yep, according to https://steamcommunity.com/id/pjpkowski

...it does the following!

Hey,
we've added support for Simplified Chinese. We had to add Simplified Chinese strings file, update the executable and one of patch.bundle files for that.

If you had mods installed it may happen that this update resulted in game not starting. It's due to the fact that if Steam sees an update, it compares the files you have with the files on servers and overrides them if there's a difference. So your mod scripts could be overridden. If you install your mods once more the game should work, as we didn't change scripts and their relation to code.

Cheers
Łukasz Babiel, CDPR developer

So CDPR you just can't let go of the Witcher 3 can you ?
If these guys have time to make patches for 3 year old games, the new witcher game must be in the making for sure ! :p

i'll stick with 1.31 if that's all they changed but a game they stopped working on 2 years ago I didn't expect much anyways. One thing that has had me wondering a bit lately was if they ever planned a way through choices to reunite iris and olgierd but perhaps got cut later before release. be kinda interesting to know.

Last edited:
I have the GOG version and just got the update today. When I tried to launch the game I got the following error message:

Hook: MatchesCountCheckError

pattern: 48 8B 05 ? ? ? 01 C6 44 24 30 01 89 4C 24 28
found: 0 expected: 1

After some troubleshooting, I discovered that the console enabler mod was no longer compatible. I had to remove dsound.dll and plugins/debug-console-enabler.dll from the x64 folder.

EDIT: there's a new mod that addresses this issue
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3375

Last edited:
So CDPR you just can't let go of the Witcher 3 can you ?
If these guys have time to make patches for 3 year old games, the new witcher game must be in the making for sure ! :p

The Witcher is concluded. There won't be any more new games to the trilogy, and - in fact - that's good.
Pushing it further will only drive the plot to complete nonsense drifting away from what the games were intended for.

Those other big devs who call themselves "AAA" are in this kind of business-model and that resulted in the fact that most of their projects - once very successful game series - have become quantity and not quality games, just for the mere purpose of greed.

CDPR made it clear already that The WItcher 3 is the last of the Trilogy, which is absolutely fine and I think they did a great job with it.

Now it's time for new ideas. It's time for Cyberpunk 2077!

The Witcher is concluded. There won't be any more new games to the trilogy, and - in fact - that's good.
Pushing it further will only drive the plot to complete nonsense drifting away from what the games were intended for.

Those other big devs who call themselves "AAA" are in this kind of business-model and that resulted in the fact that most of their projects - once very successful game series - have become quantity and not quality games, just for the mere purpose of greed.

CDPR made it clear already that The WItcher 3 is the last of the Trilogy, which is absolutely fine and I think they did a great job with it.

Now it's time for new ideas. It's time for Cyberpunk 2077!

Very true, i totally agree with you. We all know that story is finished and it is a gem.
With new Witcher game i meant a new saga with new characters and stories.

I've encountered someone mentioning TW3 v1.32. Is that some obscure update to the game? The one I see on GOG is 1.31 both for regular and GOTY versions.
Post automatically merged:

I have the GOG version and just got the update today.

I see GOG listing 1.31 still. How did you get the update? Or Galaxy version is ahead of standalone installer? Also, if all they did was adding a language, how come it breaks mods?
Post automatically merged:

OK, I figured. Checking Galaxy id for TW3 GOTY in GOG DB: https://www.gogdb.org/product/1495134320

Now, checking existing Galaxy builds:

Code:
lgogdownloader --galaxy-show-builds 1495134320
0: Version 1.32 - 2018-11-06T10:32:48+0000 (Gen 2)
1: Version 1.31 (A) - 2017-02-08T13:55:27+0000 (Gen 2)
2: Version 1.31 - 2016-08-25T08:18:33+0000 (Gen 2)

So, Galaxy downloads provide 1.32, and standalone ones do not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom