Witcher 3-Performance on mobile GPUs

+

vladgiurgiubv

i7 3630QM

stays at 60-70C Temp and 40-80% load spread over all CPUs evenly
task manager shows 3.17Ghz constant

so no CPU throttling

this is really weird ???

What's your CPU? Every mobile processor has its own throttle set at a certain degree. Mine starts at 100 celsius (i5) but luckily I never hit that... When I had an i3 now that was pure hell because the throttle there was 85 and I did hit that quite often. Also, try putting two bottle cups under your laptop, it will have more space for air. I found this better than a cooling pad. EVERY laptop is set ridiculously low, no wonder most of them overheat.. The problem is often not shitty cooling but shitty air flow.

ha ha ha , i am 2 steps ahead of you.... i set my laptops vent directly in front of my ACs vent which runs at full speed @ 16 C ( normal ambient is 35-40).
gte around 55-60C(cpu) 50 C (gpu) with max load.Also i thing gpu boost kicks in and gives me a few fps increase

vladgiurgiubv

ha ha ha , i am 2 steps ahead of you.... i set my laptops vent directly in front of my ACs vent which runs at full speed @ 16 C ( normal ambient is 35-40).
gte around 55-60C(cpu) 50 C (gpu) with max load.Also i thing gpu boost kicks in and gives me a few fps increase

nice, but as long as the GPU and CPU are under the throttling temp there is no problem (except lifespan of the hardware)

---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ----------

from what I´m seeing I can only deduce that the game or the drivers don´t want to perform better on my configuration....I don´t know...maybe it just how the mafia:)cough: nVidia) does bussiness

nice, but as long as the GPU and CPU are under the throttling temp there is no problem (except lifespan of the hardware)

---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ----------

from what I´m seeing I can only deduce that the game or the drivers don´t want to perform better on my configuration....I don´t know...maybe it just how the mafia:)cough: nVidia) does bussiness

yeah..normal temps range from 76 - 86 C

anyway, the guy with the 680m(ocd) gave a pretty detailed settings.... try checking it.Also how is the performance with other games?

---------- Updated at 04:38 PM ----------

True , it doesnot run that well with kepler as it does with maxwell ( 960 beats a classic titan)

---------- Updated at 04:40 PM ----------

try fixing it soon mate(contact cdpr if it still sucks) , need to put put up your card in the list

vladgiurgiubv

I´m not that happy with performance in other games...
what do you mean by the guy with 680m gave a pretty detailed settings?...even with low it´s not playable for me
he has most on high and ultra which is stupid....how can he run it like that and get that performance????

it´s impossible

Last edited:
I´m not that happy with performance in other games...
what do you mean by the guy with 680m gave a pretty detailed settings?...even with low it´s not playable for me

check the first post.

Mate , if the performance isnt that good in others too , i fear that your gpu is going kaput.the 680m performs good in other games

try removing OCs and trying

vladgiurgiubv

yeah..normal temps range from 76 - 86 C

anyway, the guy with the 680m(ocd) gave a pretty detailed settings.... try checking it.Also how is the performance with other games?

---------- Updated at 04:38 PM ----------

True , it doesnot run that well with kepler as it does with maxwell ( 960 beats a classic titan)

---------- Updated at 04:40 PM ----------

try fixing it soon mate(contact cdpr if it still sucks) , need to put put up your card in the list

so I tried that user.settings you gave me...the game looks awful but it gave me 5fps???? wtf???? wtf is happening??? something is really not right here

vladgiurgiubv

check the first post.

Mate , if the performance isnt that good in others too , i fear that your gpu is going kaput.the 680m performs good in other games

try removing OCs and trying

the performance has never been good...tried removing the OC...fps went down by 10 fps....so that is not the issue

so I tried that user.settings you gave me...the game looks awful but it gave me 5fps???? wtf???? wtf is happening??? something is really not right here

is your gpu starting to artifact?

the.ini was created for low end users.No idea what it changes , although performance increases were seen

vladgiurgiubv

no....the image looks clear...i didn´t notice anything out of the ordinary

Contact cdpr/nvidia mate , (although most response would say: you cpu does not meet the rquirements)

A wild dig : your hdd/ram are ok right?

vladgiurgiubv

Contact cdpr/nvidia mate , (although most response would say: you cpu does not meet the rquirements)

A wild dig : your hdd/ram are ok right?

it´s running of an SSD (which should be fine...stats of the SSD look nice..100% life)...can´t tell if the ram is ok but I haven´t had any problems

vladgiurgiubv

i will do a clean install but something tells me this is just a waste of time....because I keep my PC as lean and clean as possible, but who knows

I just tinkered a little bit with the in-game options. Surprisingly, having everything on max, did not give me anything less than 16-20 fps. When I got everything to low, I scaled to 25-30.Thats enough to get by a little bit with some exploring and sidequests. I'm not going anywhere near Novigrad with this settings, until some performance improvement has been done.

Top Bottom