Witcher 3-Performance on mobile GPUs

+
that is gerally bad optimizations on nvidias part .

it is really hard for me to believe that they made a honest mistake , knowing how they market things.....

the 960m is a factory OCd (maybe binned) 860m... Aaaand when the users started figuring it out...CLOCKBLOCK on maxwells

---------- Updated at 03:49 PM ----------

@web-head91 what rig do you have? if i remember correctly you were eagerly waiting for mobile gpu benchies

i have an i7 @3.4 Ghz (turbo mode), 8GB, and a GT 740 GPU ( a typical college boy laptop :p )
and yes ! i was eager to see how low end PCs/laptops will fare, because it's fun and interresting. besides, i already mentionned i'm not gonna play the game now. heck,even if i had a decent rig, i probably wouldn't play it until all the problems it has get solved, especially with the KB/M playability, and from what i heard there's plenty of fixing to be done: not all buttons aren't bindable, left handed people are left high and dry, and some said that KB/M support is even worse than Dark Souls 1 and 2 (yes i know, very disturbing).

so there you have it ^^.

now concerning the whole driver problem, just reverse back to the most stable one you been using and that's it, for the moment. i'm highly skeptical when it comes to newly released drivers, they tend to be rushed out and can decrease your GPU performance.

i have an i7 @3.4 Ghz (turbo mode), 8GB, and a GT 740 GPU ( a typical college boy laptop :p )
and yes ! i was eager to see how low end PCs/laptops will fare, because it's fun and interresting. besides, i already mentionned i'm not gonna play the game now. heck,even if i had a decent rig, i probably wouldn't play it until all the problems it has get solved, especially with the KB/M playability, and from what i heard there's plenty of fixing to be done: not all buttons aren't bindable, left handed people are left high and dry, and some said that KB/M support is even worse than Dark Souls 1 and 2 (yes i know, very disturbing).

so there you have it ^^.

now concerning the whole driver problem, just reverse back to the most stable one you been using and that's it, for the moment. i'm highly skeptical when it comes to newly released drivers, they tend to be rushed out and can decrease your GPU performance.

i played darksouls1 on KB+mouse .....

finished NG+ dying only once.....

(the weapon degradation worries me, i guess i can take on high level monsters, but if the weapon breaks after 10 hits and half a healthbar , skills will become useless

---------- Updated at 04:25 PM ----------

@EvoHavok Lucky us.. our gpus will do medium/ high @ 30 as ong as this console gen lasts( assunming current trends continue)

Not if they don't fix the Kepler issue on my part in the next driver. But your Maxwell card should do ok for a while indeed.

I also finished Dark Souls 2 on KB/M with a lot of deaths haha.

Not if they don't fix the Kepler issue on my part in the next driver. But your Maxwell card should do ok for a while indeed.

I also finished Dark Souls 2 on KB/M with a lot of deaths haha.

dont worry mate... they mostly will , or they will risk cutting of a large userbase. Many true blue desktop gamers still adhere to upgrading the GPU/rig every 3-4 yrs .

But within 1 gen...? All aboard the AMD train ( their 3xx series is said to be really good)

Yup, I plan on buying a desktop in a few years and I'm really in doubt whether to go with Nvidia or AMD. But until then I have to make this laptop hold up :). It has served me well enough so far.

Yup, I plan on buying a desktop in a few years and I'm really in doubt whether to go with Nvidia or AMD. But until then I have to make this laptop hold up :). It has served me well enough so far.

i planned on doing a desktop this year... sadly , my dorm thinks unless you are an engineering student , you dont get a desktop. Tried to play it out by cooking up stories like med students need to run some diagnostic, that i do 3d rendering ( half true) blah blah blah ( it was really farfetched)

Haha, I'd have it easy in your place cuz I do study engineering.
Did that hotfix work well?

checking it right now

seriously i still cant understand why med students arent allowed desktops .....Most engineers like electrical and even software dont need desktops....Crazy management guys ( they took our routers out just before the hols, just so that they wouldnt be 'misplaced' by the students also blocked every connection to 512 kbps, bypassing it with vpns we get around 3mbps peak , with 80mbps at 3 am)

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 05:14 PM ----------

Works! thanks ( yet to see ingame performnace)

Last edited:
Those limitations at your dorm sound pretty nasty, wow.
Glad to hear they fixed the overclock block. It's a step towards more greater things, I hope :D.

OC s pretty well +135 and 400 pretty stable , but marginal temp increase and performance gain 3-4 fps (uniengine heaven)
not worth the risks

vladgiurgiubv

but how come I could overclock with the lastest drivers?..why didn´t I need the patch?

So with
i7 3630QM @ 2,4 Ghz
GT 740m 2GB vram
8GB RAM,
I'm getting around 19-20fps everything at Low settings 1280x768. If I go down to 1024x768 it goes up to 25-27fps but its not stable.
I noticed that my CPU usage barely passes 30% and the vram is barely used.

Attachments

• 7wJLepd.jpg
    7wJLepd.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 57
So with
i7 3630QM @ 2,4 Ghz
GT 740m 2GB vram
8GB RAM,
I'm getting around 19-20fps everything at Low settings 1280x768. If I go down to 1024x768 it goes up to 25-27fps but its not stable.
I noticed that my CPU usage barely passes 30% and the vram is barely used.

those temps......

what is you ambient kind sir? mine here is 35 , so naturally worried

@uthvag Around 25 Celsius, i think? Laptop is 1 year old. Last year, around Far Cry 4 release date, I had some serious CPU overheating issues. Then i brought it to the tеch guys, they cleaned the dust(obviously I hadn't cleaned it) and changed the thermal paste. It was good to go. But they said that it was normal for an i7 to heat like that. After that, I clean the dust off once or twice a month. Haven't changed the thermal paste since then.

@uthvag Around 25 Celsius, i think? Laptop is 1 year old. Last year, around Far Cry 4 release date, I had some serious CPU overheating issues. Then i brought it to the tеch guys, they cleaned the dust(obviously I hadn't cleaned it) and changed the thermal paste. It was good to go. But they said that it was normal for an i7 to heat like that. After that, I clean the dust off once or twice a month. Haven't changed the thermal paste since then.

in mine hyperthreading cannot be disabled. on noons(40) my temps go till 85 ob cpu an 79 on gpu(considering gpu is maxed out not cpu , this is funny).

mate , clean you laptop 1nce a wee/2 weeks. also you might already know , but VENTILATION!!!absolutely shoulnot be placed on beds and used.

next time , try a paste in arctic silver 5 or something similar. does wonders

Top Bottom