Witcher 3-Performance on mobile GPUs

+
well today i try it, with my GT750M SLI, no overclock, it runs well.

patch 2 with medium setting at 1360x768, capped at 30FPS (stable). vsync off, get some screen tearing.overall work really smooth.

GPU not fully loaded only 50-70 usage with 75C, I7 4800MQ cpu hit 80-90c.

maybe the gimped kepler GPU are true, i can run AC unity with same resolution set high better than this. cant complain more as long the game run fine.

Last edited:
After patch 1.04 today, I get constantly more stable framerate. Strangely with the textures set on high, the game runs smoother than when they are set on low or meduim.
The addition of 1280x720 resolution, is more than welcome for me.

Not sure if that wasn't already mentioned, but when I used edited file (user.settings) from uthvag (thanks again it really helped :thumbsup: ) I couldn't find third track - horse footprints in Familly matters quest.

No problem - I just used original file for that moment, but I just want others about this possibility.

So guys , any performance improvement woth 1.04?

i am getting out of disk space error

---------- Updated at 03:08 PM ----------

well today i try it, with my GT750M SLI, no overclock, it runs well.

patch 2 with medium setting at 1360x768, capped at 30FPS (stable). vsync off, get some screen tearing.overall work really smooth.

GPU not fully loaded only 50-70 usage with 75C, I7 4800MQ cpu hit 80-90c.

maybe the gimped kepler GPU are true, i can run AC unity with same resolution set high better than this. cant complain more as long the game run fine.

NVs working on a patch for kepler.(PS - any info about Fermi?)

Also how is the SLI scaling , i have seen a few guys here saying it is not doing properly

So guys , any performance improvement woth 1.04?

i am getting out of disk space error

---------- Updated at 03:08 PM ----------

NVs working on a patch for kepler.(PS - any info about Fermi?)

Also how is the SLI scaling , i have seen a few guys here saying it is not doing properly

My GT555M is also Fermi but I doubt Nvida is supporting it anymore considering they barely support the Kepler cards and had to be pestered crazily to do something about them lol.

vladgiurgiubv

If we could simply get an option to change tessellation in game, would be great for nVidia users..this would temporarly fix the problems for kepler....but I guess the CDPR devs don´t care?! or they could just give us the info on what to change in the ini files or what to add to be able to adjust tessellation

maybe the gods will hear my prayer

Honestly it's not even the tessellation. That would be from Hairworks which none of us would play with (the differences between Maxwell and Kepler are sometimes actually even more visible with Hairworks off) and from the Terrain quality setting, which is actually bugged at the moment so there's no tessellation from that. There's also some tessellation from the Water setting and that's not even a big hit on performance.
Some people even say Kepler should be quicker than the AMD cards at tessellation and AMD equivalents are performing better.
It's clear enough Nvidia messed something up considering they officially stated themselves there are some issues and will bring a driver to fix them. Don't blame CDPR or tessellation or anything else...

vladgiurgiubv

I think it would be worth a shot...2 minutes would this fix need....one command in the ini file....
strange thing...when I´m in Novigrad i get 30fps stable....if I go to the inn at the crossroads - 22fps...so I suspect tessellation on hair and clothes or maybe AI problems...but tessellation is my bet, because AMD users can turn it to 16x and it runs a lot better...but NVIDIA users don´t have that option in the drivers...so it´s up to the devs to give us the info on how to change it from the ini files etc....
Thank you CDPR!

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

maybe that is why maxwell is better than kepler, maxwell being from the start better at tessellation

My GT555M is also Fermi but I doubt Nvida is supporting it anymore considering they barely support the Kepler cards and had to be pestered crazily to do something about them lol.

Kepler and Fermi are not much different (Fermi has double-clocked shaders, Kepler has twice as many instead), so updates good for one should be good for the other. This assumes, of course, that we get a useful update for older GPUs.

That AMD fix is for Hairworks.
Anyway look at this: http://www.techspot.com/articles-info/1006/bench/HairWorks.png
Hairworks off: 49->76 that's a 55% increase for 980 over 780
Hairworks on: 36->56 also a 55% increase
If tessellation was the only issue here, enabling Hairworks should've brought an even better increase for the 980, considering Maxwell is better at that. Isn't that proof enough there are some other underlying problems somewhere?

Last edited:
just installed 1.04

Any apparent changes in visuals?

Hope nvidia updates the driver for kepler soon.The PC community is boiling due to Game works and this kepler issue.Maxwell and kepler has one of the least jumps in terms of raw power ( more in efficiency).Usually Nv is good with older cards (even my old 9500GT does fine with ME3 crysis 2 )

Even for maxwell 352.86 felt rushed out and a bit buggy. got a few guys complaining about crashes and what not

PS- am i the only one who thinks the default HW on geralt looks better than the gameworks?

Last edited:
just installed 1.04

Any apparent changes in visuals?

Hope nvidia updates the driver for kepler soon.The PC community is boiling due to Game works and this kepler issue.

Even for maxwwell 352.86 felt rushed out and a bit buggy. got a few guys complaining about crashes and what not

PS- am i the only one who thinks the default HW on geralt looks better than the gameworks?

Yeah, the image is sharper even without the sharpening setting. Distant foliage looks clearer now.
As for Kepler, I don't even know why people keep bringing in all the arguments that there isn't an issue, when it clearly is one. Nvidia admitted themselves. Maxwell isn't such a huge architectural leap that it suddenly starts wiping the floor with older architectures...
I've seen many people saying Geralt's hair looks better without Hairworks. Would be cool to have a beast-only setting for people that can play with Hairworks.

Last edited:
I think it would be worth a shot...2 minutes would this fix need....one command in the ini file....
strange thing...when I´m in Novigrad i get 30fps stable....if I go to the inn at the crossroads - 22fps...so I suspect tessellation on hair and clothes or maybe AI problems...but tessellation is my bet, because AMD users can turn it to 16x and it runs a lot better...but NVIDIA users don´t have that option in the drivers...so it´s up to the devs to give us the info on how to change it from the ini files etc....
Thank you CDPR!

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

maybe that is why maxwell is better than kepler, maxwell being from the start better at tessellation

Same here.FPS goes haywire sometimes. Sudden drops to 24 and immediate reverting to 30.
MSI graphs show some momentary drops to 16.Might experience the stuttery feeling i am experiencing

Kepler and Fermi are not much different (Fermi has double-clocked shaders, Kepler has twice as many instead), so updates good for one should be good for the other. This assumes, of course, that we get a useful update for older GPUs.

Oh, I didn't know that. There's still hope then since Nvidia confirmed working on a driver to maker performance better for Kepler cards.

Yeah, the image is sharper even without the sharpening setting. Distant foliage looks clearer now.
As for Kepler, I don't even know why people keep bringing in all the arguments that there isn't an issue, when it clearly is one. Nvidia admitted themselves. Maxwell isn't such a huge architectural leap that it suddenly starts wiping the floor with older architectures...
I've seen many people saying Geralt's hair looks better without Hairworks. Would be could to have a beast-only setting for people that can play with Hairworks.

First it was the downgrade controversy and now it is the kepler/gameworks one. It sure is eventful ...

A lot of guys feel that NVs forcing their maxwells down the consumers throat by gimping it performance ., apart from tessellation , there is very little jump in terms of power. Anyway a lot of guys are waiting for pascal or amd 3xx

---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

Any updates / changes to the layout i should make in the FP?

Suggestions?it really looks clunky

vladgiurgiubv

I wonder why CDPR didn´t implement dynamic tessellation...I mean it makes sense in a open world...you get closer to objects, they get more detailed without changing LOD and popping in...still love the way they did how trees and objects appear..they don´t pop in but rather fade it...it´s nice...but dynamic tessellation would have been a great thing...think about gran turismo 6 what they achieved on that old PS3...it is really impressive

how are the temps? i heard fermis overheats easily

---------- Updated at 05:58 PM ----------

@vlad any changes in your perf?

I wonder why CDPR didn´t implement dynamic tessellation...I mean it makes sense in a open world...you get closer to objects, they get more detailed without changing LOD and popping in...still love the way they did how trees and objects appear..they don´t pop in but rather fade it...it´s nice...but dynamic tessellation would have been a great thing...think about gran turismo 6 what they achieved on that old PS3...it is really impressive

It was discussed in a technical interview: it was implemented, evaluated, and rejected, for requiring too much performance for little visual advantage. It's an expensive feature, and comparing a game with a much smaller world doesn't do justice to the performance impact.

Top Bottom