Witcher 3 Resolutions at launch

+
Thats why i'm asking, sure you can't foresee all the problems in the future (since then we wouldn't have any bugs), but it would be great to know what CDPR will support from the star. So we can play the game like we want, without tinkering in some files to make something work.
And since nvidia will be releasing their new cards in a few days. I will be upgrading my video cards and hopefully get a extra monitor. ( if only I knew which one to choose from all that choice there is...)

Will Witcher 3 support widescreen?

Hi. I recently build a new desktop for Witcher 3 and I ended up getting a widescreen monitor (21:9 aspect ratio, 2560x1080p)
Does anyone know if this resolution will be supported out the box? I know you were able to play Witcher 2 in widescreen format, but only with some tinkering.

Thank you.

Hi. I recently build a new desktop for Witcher 3 and I ended up getting a widescreen monitor (21:9 aspect ratio, 2560x1080p)
Does anyone know if this resolution will be supported out the box? I know you were able to play Witcher 2 in widescreen format, but only with some tinkering.

Thank you.
Dont know, but I suppose that will support, as the "Sword of Destiny" trailer showed some 21:9 gameplay.

Oh ancient thread, i command thee, rise up from the dead and come back into the world of the living... uhhh...

But anyway, i'm standing on that crossroad too. I need a new monitor, and the 21:9 format is very very enticing. Will Witcher 3 support 21:9? Any news on that front?

I was thinking of getting the AOC or LG 21:9 screen, but my main problem is that they won't support the ratio. And I don't want the game tuning in window mode when I have paid alot of money for such a big screen.

So I'm curious of this aswell.

Wouldn't hold my breath. As awesome as 21:9 is, the support for the aspect ratio even in modern games is flimsy at best. Maybe in 5-10 years..

Possible 21:9 Aspect Ratio?

Hellos. I am an absolute huge fan of the Witcher series (as I'm sure just about everyone is) and I am in incredibly high anticipation mode for Witcher 3 to come out. One thing that has remained the same on both The Witcher and The Witcher 2 is no native 21:9 aspect ratio (ultra widescreen) inclusion. Is this at all a possibility in Witcher 3? I'd love to get some feedback on the matter to put my mind at ease, but worse case scenario I hope at least it's seen to at least show it's wanted... at least, I hope I am not the only one =OO

Thank you

I'm actually considering getting a 21:9 monitor after looking more into the subject and after finding out how surprisingly many games support it.

Would be nice if TW3 had a native support for it. :)

CDPR is no longer the developer you use to think they are. Witcher 2 came with no 16:10 aspect ratio and the consolized UI and menus. Console sales is what they are after honestly since PC sales are not that high compared to consoles. It's no brainer really.

Soo im sitting in front of 21:9 34UC97 and wondering, will Witcher 3 support it?
Was thinking of getting the LG but I'm probably going to wait and buy this next spring:

https://pcmonitors.info/samsung/samsung-s34e790c-curved-ultrawide-va-monitor/

Prefer VA monitors because of their high contrast ratio/good black levels.

CDPR is no longer the developer you use to think they are. Witcher 2 came with no 16:10 aspect ratio and the consolized UI and menus. Console sales is what they are after honestly since PC sales are not that high compared to consoles. It's no brainer really.
Cool story bro.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 WidHunt Ultrawide screen Resolution support

Hey guys, Witcher 2 showed little support for ultawide resolution (21:9) like 2560X1080 and 3440X1440 and more but the game itself did not extend but had black bars on both sides of the screen but FRAPS was showing at the extreme right bottom where the black bars are. I love the witcher series and I also support by buying your games. We need day one ultra-widescreen support. Looking forward to Wild Hunt. My hardware is ready.

@ess9 We don't know about Witcher 3 yet but for Witcher 2 if you didn't know it already, try the tool called Flawless Widescreen, when I tested it last it made 21:9 work without blackbars

I actually am holding off with buying my 21:9 screen... I have seen the specs for the game and now it seems a better idea till I build my new pc to buy a 21:9 monitor.

Top Bottom