Witcher 3 Resolutions at launch

+
Eskimoe, the problem is that to support that beautifull picture in good quality it requires a powerfull graphic card too , mot likely SLI. The monitor itself not the problem-its worth and long time worthfull buying.
Actually 2560x1080 isn't that much harder to drive than 1080p. Just do the math. You don't need a monster GPU for that resolution. 3440x1440 is a different matter entirely though.

so? where is the problem? SLI or Crossfire? as long as its possible :D
The amount of disposable income each of us have varies. I totally understand why most people rather go with a standard 1080p monitor.

Actually 2560x1080 isn't that much harder to drive than 1080p. Just do the math. You don't need a monster GPU for that resolution. 3440x1440 is a different matter entirely though.

The amount of disposable income each of us have varies. I totally understand why most people rather go with a standard 1080p monitor.

I'm currently running 3440x1440 (LG curved ultrawide <3) on heavily OC'd 7970's in crossfire and I run TW2 maxed out (minus uber) with texture mods at pretty steady 45-60 fps. The amount of drive it takes for 3440 is intense. It's practically 4k.

Also, bump for dev. comment. PLEASE give us 21:9 support out of the box.

Also, bump for dev. comment. PLEASE give us 21:9 support out of the box.

Please don't bump on this forum. Devs don't customarily comment in response to requests, and bumping won't do any good here. I do share your concern. I'd also like to see 21:9 supported on Day 1.

Guest 3788317

Not quite.

3440x1440 = 4.95 megapixels
3840x2160 = 8.3 megapixels

In terms of gaming performance, 4K is still much harder to run.

I'm Running Assassins Creed Unity on a LG Curved 34inch 3440x1440 with steady 35-40fps on a OC' MSI 970GTX 3.5GB :-D

IT ROCKS !

God damn - i wrote like ten Mails with a colleague from CD RED but i simply dont get an answer ... slowly i think that 21:9 wont be there on the Day 1 .....

what a shame would that be - better to shift the release date for 1-2 months :-D and get the feature out of the box

God damn - i wrote like ten Mails with a colleague from CD RED but i simply dont get an answer ... slowly i think that 21:9 wont be there on the Day 1 .....
Standard policy for devs not to answer questions regarding unfinished games. Them being silent doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a support for ultra widescreen at launch.

And currently only Crysis 3 and Metro Redux have given me slight trouble @ 3440x1440 with my dual 970s. And by slight I mean at times 5-10fps drops from 60fps.

Regardless of the controversy, I'd say these are still fantastic cards for the price.

Considering how vastly superior ALL games are in ultra-wide format, you'd think it would be the new standard already. I have 0 doubt that it will be one day soon, unless VR is an instant hit.

To anyone who has never played in 21:9, you owe it to yourself. It's the single best upgrade you can give your gaming experience.

To anyone who has never played in 21:9, you owe it to yourself. It's the single best upgrade you can give your gaming experience.
I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. Especially to those who play a lot of MP games.

But for people (like me) who mainly play SP games and are all about immersion and atmosphere, 34", 21:9 is the best single monitor setup you can have. Imo.

Any news from CDPR on 21:9? Release draws near, and I still haven't pre-ordered for this one reason. Just a simple confirmation or denial is all we ask.

Honestly the silence doesn't look good. If the answer is yes, then why not say so and appease the fans? If the answer is no, then the silence makes sense b/c no dev. wants to advertise what your game doesn't have. And since we know there are no more new features going in at this time, it must be one or the other (no maybes).

Any news from CDPR on 21:9? Release draws near, and I still haven't pre-ordered for this one reason. Just a simple confirmation or denial is all we ask.

Honestly the silence doesn't look good. If the answer is yes, then why not say so and appease the fans? If the answer is no, then the silence makes sense b/c no dev. wants to advertise what your game doesn't have. And since we know there are no more new features going in at this time, it must be one or the other (no maybes).

I don't want to speak for the devs, but i choose it reasonable to interpret the silence as a "No". So i didn't get a 21:9 monitor, and probably never will now.

Guest 3788317

there is still the possibility to go via flawless widescreen or widescreen fixer!!

but i simply dont understand it - next gen has to be within 21:9 !!

C'mon CDP - then better move the release date for two weeks and bring this into the game!

why nobody from the devs answer on this one?

there is still the possibility to go via flawless widescreen or widescreen fixer!!
True. The Witcher 2 doesn't support 21:9 but thanks to FW the game is perfectly playable in 21:9.

No it really doesn't. Next gen is a buzzword and hardly means anything when it comes to PC monitor resolutions.

From Steam survey:

21:9 monitors are very much a niche right now. So not all games will support the aspect ratio. Not really a problem for me and I was fully aware of this when I bought the monitor.

C'mon CDP - then better move the release date for two weeks and bring this into the game!
No way in hell. They already delayed it after promising no more delays. If they were to delay the game so that a minority of gamers would have their monitor aspect ratio supported, the angry fans would torch their office.

Because they're not obliged to.

Last edited:

Guest 3788317

i love my 21:9 3440x1440 - i who ever plays once at such a monitor would never go back :-D

if its really not supported out of the box then i will play with black vertical bars and hope that someone fix it :-D

Guest 3788317

then lets just hope for the best game ever with 21:9 support :)

hope dies at last....

Right now flawless widescreen is our best hope. But I probably won't buy the game until the fix is out, which is kind of absurd since Witcher series is one of my favorites of all time. I've literally donated money to this dev team by buying multiple copies of TW and TW2. Not playing TW3 on release is a hard choice to make, but after playing TW2 in 21:9, there's just no way I'm playing TW3 in any other aspect ratio.

21:9 is the future, guarantee. It's just slow in coming. 2-3 years out, 16:9 will be the new 1080p.

21:9 is the future, guarantee. It's just slow in coming. 2-3 years out, 16:9 will be the new 1080p.
That's very hard to foresee especially with new stuff like VR coming in the future. Also I personally see more demand for 4K/5K. My hope is that it gets enough support for developers not ignore us when developing games.

I don't want to speak for the devs, but i choose it reasonable to interpret the silence as a "No". So i didn't get a 21:9 monitor, and probably never will now.

It's worth it just for TW2 alone :)

Also, TW3 will be available in ultra widescreen eventually, whether CDPR supports it or no. So that's no reason not to get a superior monitor.

I really hope TW3 supports 21:9 natively from day 1, otherwise i would simply refuse to play until FWS adds support for it instead of CDPR. Panoramic view of 21:9 is just too awesome to even think about going back to 16:9.

Top Bottom