Witcher 3 sales so far?

+
Witcher 3 sales so far?

Anyone knows how well the sales are going? I was googling but got nothing about it.

Yep, consoles is the money maker for all games. Look at a game like Skyrim, one of the top selling games of all time, over 20million in units sold is a huge number. One would think with the added perk of Mods the PC would outsell consoles, not even close. http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/ 59pct Xbox, 27pct PS3 and dead last is PC with 14pct of sales. We'll see how Witcher 3 fares in the console sales figures, but one things for sure, it'll top PC.

Yep, consoles is the money maker for all games. Look at a game like Skyrim, one of the top selling games of all time, over 20million in units sold is a huge number. One would think with the added perk of Mods the PC would outsell consoles, not even close. http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/ 59pct Xbox, 27pct PS3 and dead last is PC with 14pct of sales. We'll see how Witcher 3 fares in the console sales figures, but one things for sure, it'll top PC.

I'm curious about this because I know a ton of people who got the game on console and it would be interesting to see if the game is gonna sell merely decently or have really strong numbers.

Steam users are cheap :p - we usually wait for offers.

I typically wait for Steam sales on 99% of games. This is one of the few that I bought on Day 1 (well pre-ordered actually). However, I know at least a few people who said they will wait for a better sale. It's the nature of PC gaming these days. People know that if they wait 6 or so months, they can get the game for $30 or less and all of the major bugs will have been patched away by then as well.

Honestly, who would buy it on steam when there is drm free gog alternative? Also this is one of the games that deserves to be on a shelf and retail connects to your gog account, not to steam.

Yeah, I'm a little embarrassed for owning TW1 on steam. I didn't make that mistake twice.

If it sold better on consoles ill be pretty pissed, gives CDPR the encouragement to gimp all future releases in favour of sales. Guess i wont be upgrading my PC until PS6.

Anyone notice how PC game is NO longer cheaper than console. WItcher 3 is 59€on steam, thats about the price you get on console (I think console version is its 59-69€ here in Germany). AAA games on steam used to be 49€ not long ago.

I bought it at 49€, (preload), but I will be pissed off to pay 59€, when you consider there is no resale value. Valve is getting too greedy in my opinion.

Most people buy on consoles and after they finished the game they will resell the game (physical) then only get on steam during steam sales. As far as i know that's what console gamers do. Also due to the downgrade of PC version, i think CDPR is slapping themselves in the face. They offend their own core gamers to appeal to GTA V audience. Hopefully they can sell like GTA V copies. But that's not gonna happen.

Top Bottom