Witcher 3 Skills tree problem

+
Witcher 3 Skills tree problem

This has been bugging me for the last 20 hours of game play and is seriously impeding my progression.
I go into "character" for the skills tree. The only top left area that I can access is the general area.
All of the coloured areas - combat (red) etc allow me to open them and then everything stops.
In other words, I cannot assign any enhanced skills to the tree,
It's driving me crazy.
I've googled. I've looked carefully thru my copy of the accompanying book. No answers to my problem.
I hope I'm missing something very simple and I hope it's not a bug unique to my copy.
Does any kind soul out there have any solution to my problem? Thanks

This is based on K&M, so you'll need to work out the equivalent buttons if you're using controller.
To add points to a skill:
- Click on the appropriate skillset (combat etc.)
- Right click on your selected skill in the SECOND row. So for combat, you should be clicking on Muscle Memory, Strength Training etc. when you first allocate, then confirm that you want to add the points to it.
When you've added points to a skill, drag-and-drop it to a blank tile on the right of the screen to put it into play.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help. Weirdly I read a post not soon after I posted mine . It advised to go to the second row of skills. I did and it worked.
The question of course is WTF? If anything in this great game is counter-intuitive it has to be this. No logic at all - just a cruel and unfair joke on us idiots!!!
Thanks again, my man.

Thank you so much for your help. Weirdly I read a post not soon after I posted mine . It advised to go to the second row of skills. I did and it worked.
The question of course is WTF? If anything in this great game is counter-intuitive it has to be this. No logic at all - just a cruel and unfair joke on us idiots!!!
Thanks again, my man.

Just think of that first row like a basic ability, which exists no matter what (those are colored, so kinda already taken). All skills under the first row are updates which you can choose.

I had played Dragon Age Inquisition over 85 hours and still I figured out something simple I missed from the beginning :D

Top Bottom