Witcher 3 Steam Cross-Save page still not working.

+
Is CDPR aware of this? it has been 3 months since this problem started since the release of next gen version. The Witcher 3 Nintendo Switch version has not been able to load the Steam URL for cross-saves.
1676827323605.png

I guess they are, but knowing that an update is planned on Switch which will most probably use the "new" GOG cross progression like other platform, I assume the Steam system won't work anymore nor be fixed.
(On side note, if the link doesn't work, it's most likely because Steam broke it...)

I guess they are, but knowing that an update is planned on Switch which will most probably use the "new" GOG cross progression like other platform, I assume the Steam system won't work anymore nor be fixed.
(On side note, if the link doesn't work, it's most likely because Steam broke it...)
Another game called Hades has Steam cross save option and the page still works on that (just checked myself). CDPR should be able to update the link of Steam authentication I'm sure, otherwise if it was whole broken by Steam, it wouldn't work on Hades either.

Another game called Hades has Steam cross save option and the page still works on that (just checked myself). CDPR should be able to update the link of Steam authentication I'm sure, otherwise if it was whole broken by Steam, it wouldn't work on Hades either.
Sure ir work for other games...
But CDPR now use GOG for Cyberpunk and The Witcher 3 (which is their own store) for cross-progression... So I guess (just a guess^^), Steam decided shortly before the release of the next-gen update* (which include the GOG cross-progression on all platform except on Switch) to stop to provide this feature for The Witcher 3.
And I said "Steam broke it" because the link in the game didn't change since the last update on Switch, years ago... If it doesn't work, it mean that the page it was pointing to (on Steam servers), does not longer exists (hence the message > this page cannot be displayed)

*Strangely, Steam cross-progression on Switch stopped to work about a month before the next-gen release, around the release date announcement... pretty weird coincidence, isn't it ?

Again, an update is planned on Switch, which will use GOG cross-progression like other platforms... So useless for Steam or for CDPR to even fix now.

Last edited:
i doubt Steam would choose to be petty and stop providing services just because CDPR implemented GOG saves in the game. The problem is not on Steam's end, as all other games seem to be working, it is definitely in the current update of Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch.

i doubt Steam would choose to be petty and stop providing services just because CDPR implemented GOG saves in the game. The problem is not on Steam's end, as all other games seem to be working, it is definitely in the current update of Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch.
Not so sure...
If the page does not longer exist, it's because "someone" removed it on Steam servers. And only Steam can remove datas/files/pages on their servers. CDPR can't, that's for sure (a webpage does not disappear magically, it was removed intentionnally^^).

The last update of the game on Switch was released October 21, 2020 (3.7, I think...) So nothing have changed in the game since. And it worked fine, but strangely, a month before the next-gen release, this feature stop working... o_O

Anyway, I'm sure CDPR is aware of the issue... But as soon as the update on Switch will be released, it will be fixed by using GOG instead of Steam (GOG which is more or less, CDPR store)

Top Bottom