Witcher 3 stuttering issue

+
I've been trying to fix this off and on for days now. I've spent at least 5 hours trying to figure this out. Game runs smooth except whenever I load other areas of the map by moving around. The stuttering becomes much more frequent when I'm galloping on Roach. Here's my specs of my pc and the things I've tried.

Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 990FXA-UD3
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 805MHz
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (ASRock)
1TB Western Digital WDC WD10SPZX-21Z10T0 5400rpm

Things tried and failed:
1)Limiting CPU using BES
2)Locking Framerate with Rivia Tuner
3)Using Radeon Mod to change registry to change flip queue size (made it worse so I used AMD cleanup utility and reinstalled drivers)
4)Playing around with in game settings (set it on low as possible and it still stuttered.)
5)Adjusting GPU voltage using MSI Afterburner
6)Removing GOG related files that are unnecessary to run Witcher 3
7)Adding AMD files that supposedly fix stuttering on Witcher 3(they didn't)
8)Deleted APEX_ClothingGPU_x64.dll from the x64 folder
9)Increasing texture memory budget to 2048mb didn't work.
10)Went into usersettings.ini and limited fps to 48fps.

It could be the hard drive bottlenecking the game and causing the stuttering but for the record anything else I've played runs perfectly without a single issue. Witcher 3 is the only game giving me issues and I honestly have no idea why. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Riding on Roach requires more CPU/GPU power, which can be difficult for CPUs like the FX6300.

Are you using any mods? Because that can cause all sorts of issues too.

Deleting files seems a bit risky. Not sure, how that would help you here. I‘d try to repair the game as explained here: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ical/issue/649/verify-integrity-of-game-cache

In general, MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner can cause performance problems, just like applications with overlay in general. You should be able to limit the framerate in the ingame settings (but usersettings.ini should be fine too)
Disabling the gog game overlay might also be a good idea.

Did you experiment with the vsync settings? Finding the right setting for your PC can be very helpful when it comes to stuttering.

Also it might be better to avoid overclocking CPU/GPU/RAM in case you did any of that.

Last edited:
I get the same thing. Micro-stutter (in various forms) even though my rig is capable of running the game around 55-60 FPS in Ultra. It seems to be a frame-timing thing that affects a rare few titles I have. TW3 is one of them. Managed to fix it by limiting my Frame Limit to 48 through user.settings, and try testing with Vsync on / off. Just change LimitFPS=48. This will change the in-game setting to "unlimited", but don't worry -- you'll be able to see it's working. Also, try changing it to 50, 52, 54, 55, or 58. One of those normally gets a game running in sync for me.

I am Having the same issue here...

I have played other games like Shadow of mordor on high quality, but when it comes to only the witcher 3 game, I have the stuttering problem.

My hardware:
Processor:
AMD A6-7480 Radeon R5, 8 Compute Cores 2C+6G 3.50 GHz

GPU:
AFox Radeon RX 550 4GB VRAM

RAM:
16gb

Motherboard:
ASRock FM2A68M-HD+ R2.0

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Brazil.

Have you guys tried to, just, verify game cache integrity?
Usually there can be a bug during the downloading process somehow and it can fix it if steam/gog finds missing files

Have you guys tried to, just, verify game cache integrity?
Usually there can be a bug during the downloading process somehow and it can fix it if steam/gog finds missing files
I've tried, no success
Post automatically merged:

Well, after 3 weeks trying to solve this problem, with all the fixes founded on internet.... I give up.

Unistalled the game from steam.

Only going back for it when I get money to buy a better processor.

No hope on fixing it, and I don't need the pain in the ass that I having with this issue, only in ONE FUCKING GAME that I love...

Last edited:
I've tried, no success
Post automatically merged:

Well, after 3 weeks trying to solve this problem, with all the fixes founded on internet.... I give up.

Unistalled the game from steam.

Only going back for it when I get money to buy a better processor.

No hope on fixing it, and I don't need the pain in the ass that I having with this issue, only in ONE FUCKING GAME that I love...
No need to be rude, you should have checked the requierements right before buying the game, not after.

Top Bottom