Witcher 3 vs red dead redemption 2

+
With release of red dead redemption 2 many are saying this is one of the greatest game of all time. People were saying the same for witcher 3. So what is better game in you opinion and reasons for that.

In my opinion its still witcher 3 and here are my reasons.

I prefer fantasy world settings over realistic wild West settings. This includes monsters,magic,alchemy, knights.

Also i will always chose sword melee style over shooting.

Witcher 3 have better npc.

It also has bigger map with more stuffs to loot and all those treasure hunts you can do.

Side quests are way better in witcher 3.

Now red dead redemption 2 beats witcher in :

Graphic this is pretty clear.

More details and animations.

Way more better interaction with npc.

Last edited:
Well, comparing a new game to a significantly older one can be a bit tricky, especially when it‘s not really the same genre (Action-Adventure vs. Action-RPG). RDR2 may be better in terms of graphics, but 5 years after the release of TW3 that‘s kind of to be expected.

But everything else really depends on what genre you like, what setting and so on. Besides, every genre has awesome games and singling out only these two is probably not fair :)

There's still plenty of space out there for "the greatest XYZ of all time!" :cool:

That being said, I haven't played RDR2, but I have watched a slew of gameplay. It's definitely an incredible world.

For myself, though, while I really enjoy Rockstar's style and gameplay, I'll have to give the award to TW3 due to character work and depth in TW3. Especially the side-quests. I have never seen that many memorable, creatively narrative, and surprising "mini-quests" in a game before. Every location -- every situation -- felt grounded and unique.

The Nithing quest in Skellige won me over, especially. I mean, how long does that take? 10 minutes? Maybe? And yet...I remember the characters. I remember being surprised. I remember not wanting to choose. (I went with the guy, and I remember wanting to spit at him for his reaction when the quest was done.) All introduced, explored, and resolved in a matter of minutes.

Yeah, stuff like that means TW3 wins for me.

Hi all! i wanted to finish Witcher 3 before i play Red Dead online beta. Too bad its impossible to finish because its full with bugs... there is a bug at Level 15 quest need to kill a djinn what is the most annoying thing what i ever seen. i played more thousands of games, but i never found a bug like this... i payed for this game for the story and not for searching bugs... THE ANSWER RED DEAD IS AWESOME [nope]

If you are struggling with a bug and can't progress, you can always reach out to CDPR support:

But this is not the place for this discussion. Let's focus on the main topic here :)

TW3 but they are both great, much better replay value in the witcher.
[Nope.]

Post edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think Red Dead is super boring. At least 75 percent of the game is just riding your horse from point A to point B. Clumsy controls don't help either.

RDR2 wasn't released for PC so it automatically loses the contest. Disqualified. Bye.

Yeah +1 to this, as of now there still is no official PC version coming. Which is kinda sad really, I mean c'mon Rockstar, GTA 5 has been on Steams top ten list for how many years now? At the least farm it out to another developer to make a PC version.

Hard to choose the only one. Medieval fantasy and western is my favorite gerne. I could say I like both.

RDR2 is an amazing game, at the time I thought the best game ever made, but now I see that although grand and epic, The Witcher 3 is still the best game in its genre.

Deleted a handful of posts that were contributing nothing to the discussion. Please, remember that all points-of-view are welcome, but +1 / "me too" posts are not constructive. (We also had a few posts here that were getting a bit abrasive for no reason.)

If you have something to contribute to the topic, feel free.

If you have nothing meaningful to add, simply find a discussion that is more to your liking.

I didn't really play games over the last 10 years, because I never really wanted to buy a computer for it. In last years december I decided to buy a new computer and the first game I bought was the Witcher 3. It really changed my opinion of gaming and I now realise it was a bad first pick, because all the onther games I bought afterwards can't even get close to the Witcher 3. I had high hopes for RDR2 but it just, as a whole, is not on the same level. Only thing until now that remotely came close was BOTW. Really hope Cyberpunk can break my curse...

I honestly think Red Dead is super boring. At least 75 percent of the game is just riding your horse from point A to point B. Clumsy controls don't help either.
Fair, but I actually like some of that riding around on my horse from point A to point B sometimes. But you can always travel from a campfire, too, I believe. Seems like I just figured that out on my last playthrough.
Post automatically merged:

RDR2 is an amazing game, at the time I thought the best game ever made, but now I see that although grand and epic, The Witcher 3 is still the best game in its genre.
Yes. I actually played RDR2 before The Witcher 3, and I have to say, I love both a LOT. Even with the significant difference in release dates. TW3 is just so packed with side quests and interesting stuff EVERYWHERE. What an amazing open world experience!

W3 with beautiful grass/max distance, Real lighting mod & enhanced edition is the best gaming experience ever...well at least until CP2077.
With grass distance set to 8000 its a blast, even more impressive than RDR2.
The only thing i missed at W3 was that the game felt too "stretched", like some areas were just empty space w/o anything interesting. Some items felt too generic & the level up system was not well polished. In late game you could just burn almost everything without getting a single hit.
W3 enhanced edition adresses that issue, w/o level system its so much easier & better to set opponents strength correctly in an open world.

Top Bottom