Witcher 3 weird colors

+
So i just bought witcher 3 from gog and it installed correctly but when i start the game only cutscenes are colored but gameplay is black and white

Specs
CPU : i5 3470 3.2 GHz
GPU : RX 570 4GB
Motherboard : asus p8b75-m

Help me

Attachments

• 2019.04.01-08.10.png
    2019.04.01-08.10.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • 2019.04.01-08.11.png
    2019.04.01-08.11.png
    2 MB · Views: 141
Do you have any mods installed? Like for example the FCR3 mod (it seems like this mod would create a very similar effect)?

Make sure your graphics drivers are all updated.
Also, it might be a good idea to verify/repair the game in GOG galaxy.
Did you change anything in the settings? Your other games all work fine?
A fresh start also might be worth a try.

Thanks for replaying

My graphic drivers are up to date

i have already verified my game files

and i never touched game settings and my other games are working fine

and what do you mean by fresh start do i have to uninstall and reinstall the game again or you are taking about starting a new game?

Looking at it, it seems that it might be your color settings via the monitor / GPU overrides.

1.) Try toggling the option to "Preserve desktop color settings" in the menu. (This will only affect / be available for games set to run in Fullscreen mode. Not Borderless Fullscreen, as that's still a window.)

2.) If not, check that the Gamma, Brightness settings in-game are set to the middle values, then tweak from there.

3.) If still no go, under the control panel options for your GPU, ensure that Gamma, Brightness, Contrast, Digital Vibrance, etc. are all set to defaults. (This should only affect the game if "Preserve desktop color settings" is on or if you're using any Windowed mode.)

4.) Using the physical buttons on your display, check these same settings. Also, many displays come with color "theme" or "mode" presets (Movie, Sports, Game, Nighttime, etc.) that can often be really wonky with games. Changing it to default / standard mode is a good idea (if applicable).

5.) Try disabling Ambient Occlusion completely via the in-game options. (I doubt it's this, but ya never know.)

There doesn't seem to be a huge display issue, simply that the textures are resulting in "crushed blacks", instead of a smooth gradation of colors into black ranges. Therefore, I'd bet it's just color settings.

Top Bottom