Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Audio Issues

+
I keep getting an audio bug where the end of the dialogue with an NPC drops off, usually the last 2-3 words aren't spoken. The longer the sentence, the more missing dialogue. Also the audio crackles a lot in-game, while walking/riding/etc, it gets progressively worse the longer I play.

I've set Witcher 3 on the lowest settings, 30 frame rate, Vsync On, validated the files multiple times but the issue persists. I have an integrated system where the display is Intel but the graphics card is Nvidia, and I've set it in the Nvidia Control Panel so its always using Nvidia and that Witcher 3 is always using high performance GPU. The graphics are smooth and work well, but the audio issue doesn't go away. I've tried a lot of different fixes from this forum that didn't work for me, so I decided to make my own thread.

Attached a dxdiag.txt. I know the laptop specs are on the lower end, but again, the game runs well, the only issue seems to be the audio. Hope that someone can help!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    122.3 KB · Views: 367
Are you sure the game is really using the Nvidia card?

I'm guessing you are not using any mods?

As mentioned on this website, CDPR support can be reached here:
(there's not really a support topic for audio issues, so this one will have to do - click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket).

Also, make sure to try out different audio settings. Crackling sounds can be related to the Realtek drivers and software. There are a few websites out there dealing with Realtek audio issues like that - I don't know for sure which one of these suggestions really works though...

Are you sure the game is really using the Nvidia card?

I'm guessing you are not using any mods?

As mentioned on this website, CDPR support can be reached here:
(there's not really a support topic for audio issues, so this one will have to do - click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket).

Also, make sure to try out different audio settings. Crackling sounds can be related to the Realtek drivers and software. There are a few websites out there dealing with Realtek audio issues like that - I don't know for sure which one of these suggestions really works though...
Yeah I submitted a ticket twice but no response so far.
I've already fixed it to only use the Nvidia when running Witcher 3, it improved the graphics performance but the audio issue still remains. And nope, no mods.

I tried a couple different forum threads about the audio, but none did the trick for me.... Are there any websites in particular you recommend for Realtek fixes?

It might take a while until they can respond.

I tried a couple different forum threads about the audio, but none did the trick for me.... Are there any websites in particular you recommend for Realtek fixes?

It's hard to say, as there are so many different approaches out there. Even updating Windows might help in some cases. But I never had big problems with sound issues like that in the past, so I can't really say what's best.

There's a lot of suggestions in the Cyberpunk section too (while it's a different game, it's still the same engine at its core, so some of these suggestions might help for TW3 too):

It might take a while until they can respond.

It's hard to say, as there are so many different approaches out there. Even updating Windows might help in some cases. But I never had big problems with sound issues like that in the past, so I can't really say what's best.

There's a lot of suggestions in the Cyberpunk section too (while it's a different game, it's still the same engine at its core, so some of these suggestions might help for TW3 too):
Ok I will try some more fixes, thanks for the link

Top Bottom