Witcher 3 Wind Physics

+
It added to the atmosphere in the first few hours of gameplay. But since I spent at least 8 hours in White Orchard, and looks like i'll be doubling that in Velen as well, the constantly swaying trees make me feel like I'm trapped in a never-ending nightmare.

Trees sway/movement = too much

In game forest feels like a hurricane is plowing through! Any idea on how to tone down the SWAY for trees and foliage?
Any one on this?
Sorry if a thread as already been written!

Try getting out of White Orchard, before judging the entire game based on it, maybe?. I'm in Velen swamps atm, and it's not windy at all..

No please, no CDPR dont change this. The weather is what makes this game for me. The best time I have had so far was when I was caught out in this massive storm that keep going for like 10mins and even when i thought the worst passed, the lightening and wind picked up even more. I could barely see where I was going. Suddenly all the weather effects I have even seen in any game before were worthless and comical compared to this. Hell when I was caught in the storm even my screen was covering in rain, I wanted it to take some health damage from me, for even more of an effect.

PS there is already an option to remove it, mediation. If you dont like just fast forward an hour or two.

It doesn't get as windy in other area's outside of white orchid, but I too love the weather effects in W3, that and the amazing lighting system that stops you in your tracks often especially during sunsets/sunrises. Storms are fun too :)

at least it's not like these buggers, m8

*insert pun about geralt and geraldton and trees*

Well, depends what you like, but its certainly not realistic.

The trees in velen aren't some weak bush, they look like conifers with hard trunks, and i've never seen them sway in a sideways direction like that. If by some freak chance the wind was strong enough to do that in real life, there is no way in hell a man an a horse are going to me moving anywhere without getting swept up and thrown by 100+kph winds.

If you look up they're like faffin windscreen wipers.

The perfectly timed alternations and the fact that each sway is the exact same distance back and fourth well.

Personally the trees do upset immersion... when you see them moving like that.

There's a bug in that when Geralt is inside a building, his hair flaps as if in high wind, even when he's stood still.

Never seen a "bug" like that. Of course there is wind inside those crooked cabins in Velen with open windows. When I enter a stone house (in Oxenfurt, Novigrad etc.), Geralt's hair only moves with him, not the wind. If you have holes in your roof IRL and you get wet when it rains, that isn't a bug either.

Top Bottom