Witcher and Source Filmmaker

+
Witcher and Source Filmmaker

Hey guys!
Maybe someone have worked with Source Filmmaker (program for making videos and posters using games on Source engine) and knows, how to import models from The Witcher into it (I wanna make some images for my flashbacks). I would be grateful for any information you have.

I tried to work with that program and i find it pretty hard.
But I found cutscenes, in which NPCs are just standing in a pose (like if time has stopped) and the camera flying between them. So is it possible to create something like that? I was thinking about creating unique Job Trees to make character "freeze" in a certain poses and then just create Static cameras to show them, but I failed. Could someone give any advice?

It is possible to export character models from Redkit, pose them in 3D programs and then import this pose with the character, but this will probably be harder than Source Filmmaker, since the filmmaker is as easy as posing and animating gets.
There will also be the possibility to import completely new animations with the new patch, but this will also be harder than Source Filmmaker.

Export character models with skeletons, they are rigged to? If yes, could you please give a link to the info, that will help in doing this?
Well, you have to adapt model for Source Filmmaker, and I don't know how to do this. But I've worked in 3D Max, so i know, how to pose (but mimics might be a problem), so it may be easier for me.
And how it's goin' with a new patch? Still testing, no release date?

I try to get some information that helps you (since I don't know how to do it myself). I've only worked at Cdpr for three months during the summer, so I can't say anything about their patch release plans, etc. But the patch gets already tested, I can as an example already test the lipsyncing tool and provide feedback. All I can say is that is is very exciting. :)

Nick3D

Forum regular
I try to get some information that helps you (since I don't know how to do it myself). I've only worked at Cdpr for three months during the summer, so I can't say anything about their patch release plans, etc. But the patch gets already tested, I can as an example already test the lipsyncing tool and provide feedback. All I can say is that is is very exciting. :)

I'm really waiting for the FBX support, not being able to do anything unless you're using 3ds is quite frustrating :(

PS: Lipsync is based on phonemes ala Softimage Facerobot, isn't it? :)

Push for FBX support!!!!!

Top Bottom