Witcher Cooking Book: Why not?

+
Witcher Cooking Book: Why not?

Guys, You all made amazing recipes. Why we don't bring all together and put in a single pdf file, like a cooking book? We could call it Witcher Cooking Book (or other name), put all the recipes in categories (main, desserts) or in alphabetical order. The idea is to build a single documento holding all recipes so we can have al recipes in a single file and it's easy to share. What you think? We could do the same thing for the other competitions
@shinobi2u @broccolisoup @Sanamia @LadyJuka @Princess_Ciri @Sagitarii @IoanaT @Anthemonis @blodsvept @Yiazmat @Lyfia @Kaldea @Cvrnda @synfulhailey @gedierond @saoe @majin_streater @DrManhatten @Balckor

Guys, You all made amazing recipes. Why we don't bring all together and put in a single pdf file, like a cooking book? We could call it Witcher Cooking Book (or other name), put all the recipes in categories (main, desserts) or in alphabetical order. The idea is to build a single documento holding all recipes so we can have al recipes in a single file and it's easy to share. What you think? We could do the same thing for the other competitions

Really love the idea!!! Thank you ^3^
But I would need some help to do that hahahahaha

Sounds like a great idea! I am happy to share my recipes. I will upload the recipes later once I have put them on tumblr because uploading them on here is quite slow.

That's a cute idea. :D I didn't submit a recipe for the contest, but the ones shown off so far are great!

Would be great if we could do metric/imperial conversions for each recipe. Would make it a bit easier for everyone to use.

I could help puting all recipes in a single document. But we would have to choose a single background format, type of letter, and other stuff. And have both metric and imperial systems on each recipe as @Sanamia sugested

That´s a great idea, @ariate! I´ll happily contribute with my recipe, but I really wouldn´t know how to give it a nice format such as the one shinobi2u used, for example.

I could help puting all recipes in a single document. But we would have to choose a single background format, type of letter, and other stuff. And have both metric and imperial systems on each recipe as @Sanamia sugested

I've still got mine all on layers, so getting the text into whatever format is chosen would be easy for me. Maybe folks should post some backgrounds/fonts so we can pick one?

@shinobi2u @broccolisoup @Sanamia @LadyJuka @Princess_Ciri @Sagitarii @IoanaT @Anthemonis @blodsvept @Yiazmat @Lyfia @Kaldea @Cvrnda @synfulhailey @gedierond @saoe @majin_streater @DrManhatten @Balckor

Great Idea man, here was my entry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a 14th century recipe that I've cooked several times. Its simple roast pork, prepared the same way it was prepared hundreds of years ago. The red wine, garlic and spices help give the pork a great taste and you can have it with almost anything, I personally cook it with seasonal winter veg and roast potatoes.

2 lbs. pork loin
1 1/2 tsp. sage
1 1/2 tsp. caraway or coriander
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. rock salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups red wine
1 cup broth or reduced salt gravy

Mix spices and garlic with wine and pour over pork in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 180° until cooked through Strain the drippings from the roasting pan into a saucepan, along with the broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve sauce with pork.

I can see Geralt and the gang digging into this in the local tavern or inn.

I'm hungry now!

I've still got mine all on layers, so getting the text into whatever format is chosen would be easy for me. Maybe folks should post some backgrounds/fonts so we can pick one?

Yes, that would do. People, as shinobi2u said, post your backgrounds so we can pick one to use

Here is an variation of my background with the Eitcher medallion on the place of the Redanian Shield; Post yours

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply.

I got my inspiration for the meal from the meal with Three Jackdaws in"The sword of destiny" book. The story is excellent, you should read it if not already read.

1. I wanted to create a full meal so I started with soup: "Like the one I ate last time with the mussels, small fish and other crap floating in it."
I used this recipe http://savourthesensesblog.com/creamy-garlic-seafood-soup/ (was not to be entered as a contest entry, just for the "full" picture)
I did not find mahi-mahi fish though so I searched for what I can replace this with I chose the weirdest thing I found on the list - just because I never thought I would eat it in my lifetime - octopus. (I boiled the octopus separately for about 10-15 minutes before adding it to the soup). Also, I used heavy cream - not skim milk - we ARE talking about The Witcher here....
View attachment 6691
2."Next, roast lamb with eggs and onions. Then about sixty crayfish. Throw some fennel into the pan, as much as you can muster. Then ewe's cheese and a salad. After that... we'll see."
After soup, it was time for more food, and a lot more beer. To make the drinking easier I chose to cook mutton legs, grilled shrimp and breaded fennel served with lemon and garlic mayonnaise. Also, I placed some bear salami, salmon, pickled herring, cheese, ham and pickles.
MUTTON CHOPS
Marinate the chops in half a glass white whine, salt, pepper, paprika, juice and grated peel from 1 lemon, 4 garlic gloves finely chopped and fresh rosemary. (Best left 1 night in the fridge - minim 3 hours - I left it about 6 hours).
Grill chops until the get the desired color. Finish off in the oven (180 degrees C). - I grilled them for about 30 minutes and left them 1 hour in the oven
View attachment 6692
BREADED FENNEL
Cut the fennel in about 5mm thick slices, Cover them in flour, coat with egg and finish with breadcrumbs. Make sure the oil is ready before frying (I learned you can test this using a wooden spoon - if bubbles form around the handle when placed in oil - it s ready).
We make out mayonnaise using a vertical mixer - use 1 egg, a spoon of mustard, salt, and oil (the amount of oil you add, will mean the amount of mayonnaise you have in the end - don't overdo it though...). When mayonnaise is ready, add crushed garlic and lemon juice. Decorate with fennel seeds for looks.
View attachment 6693
GRILLED SHRIMP
I marinated the shrimps 3 hours in the fridge with half of cop of olive oil, 3 cloves garlic crushed, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, basil, cilantro, parsley, tarragon, rosemary and a bit of mint. Grill for 5 minutes on each side (note that my grill is slow).
View attachment 6694

"We didn't come here to stuff our faces, just to spend time in pleasant conversation."
Final result:
View attachment 6695

Attachments

• IMAG0182_edited.jpg
    IMAG0182_edited.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG0165_edited.jpg
    IMAG0165_edited.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMAG0176_edited.jpg
    IMAG0176_edited.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMAG0191_edited.jpg
    IMAG0191_edited.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0209.jpg
    IMAG0209.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 476
I wish I could help more for this cook book.But my artistic skills are quite limited :) . If there is anything else I can do to help besides adding the recipe please let me know.
All the best and congrats to all!
I had a lot of fun with this contest.

Is there a cut off limit to adding more recipes?
Also will there be a guideline of things to add? Like foods / drinks from regions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom