Witcher enchanced edition from gog i have 34-50fps on lowest settings

+
Hello, i have problem. In witcher enchanced edition from gog i have 34-50fps on lowest settings. i think i should have stable 60fps on medium with my specs.
4gb ram
amd r5 m330 2gb vram
i5 5200u 2.2ghz (2.7ghz turbo)
512gb ssd
Pls help me to solve this problem

What resolution are you running the game in? TW1 runs natively up to 1920x1080. Trying to force it higher is possible, but results may vary widely.

Hmmm...

The hardware should be strong enough to get better performance than that.

1.) Is this a laptop or desktop? (If laptop, be sure you are plugged in -- not running the game off the battery. That can decrease gaming performance by more than half.)

2.) Be sure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Protected directories can cause all sorts of weird issues. If so, move your Steam library to the root of the drive or a folder of your own creation on the root. (There is an option to do this through Steam itself.)

3.) Ensure the game is recognizing and using your actual GPU. There should be an option in the GPU Control Panel to force the game to use only the R5. (Although, I'm not convinced this is the case. If the game were running off of on-board video, I think the performance would actually be a lot worse than you're seeing.)

4.) It may be an OS issue. The game was actually built for Windows XP/Vista. Since then, we've had multiple service packs for XP, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and Win 10. Yes, steps have been taken to get it running on the modern OS, but there will likely still be issues that will require players to work around unique system config things. One thing that you can try is installing versions of Microsoft Redistributables, beginning as far back as your Windows version will allow. These will install side-by-side, not "update" each other, so that there are multiple versions available for legacy programs.

Top Bottom