Witcher Enhanced Edition dead body in 2019

+
so i was hyped to play The Witcher Enhanced Edition again and i find my self stuck with dead body bug again i started over from new but i stuck so is there any fix ? and i cant do TWEeditor on windows 10 i cant do the directory fix so can someone help me this is my save file

What‘s the dead body bug?

Are you using any mods?
The dead body bug is when the game loads and Geralt is lying on the ground and or floor ans is unable to move. There should be a thread or two about it on the forums
EDIT: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/geralt-is-dead-upon-loading-a-save.32460/

so i was hyped to play The Witcher Enhanced Edition again and i find my self stuck with dead body bug again i started over from new but i stuck so is there any fix ? and i cant do TWEeditor on windows 10 i cant do the directory fix so can someone help me this is my save file
I don`t see any link to a save file. I do have a working save game editor. If you can upload your save and post a link to it I should be able to help you out

Last edited:
TW1 is definitely not going to be supported under Windows 10.

1.) I would begin by playing around with the compatibility settings: if Windows XP (SP2) doesn't work, I'd actually try Windows 7 next. Also, make sure that the .EXE is set to "Run as administrator".

2.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). If you did happen to install the game using "default" directories, I would strongly recommend uninstalling it, using CCleaner to clean the Registry, then reinstalling the game to the root of your drive, using a folder name you are certain is different. For example:

C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher\...

3.) In the ...\Documents\The Witcher\... folder (where your saved games should be), be sure the Permissions are set to "Everyone".

4.) Lastly, be sure the game's installation directory is added to the exceptions list of any firewall or anti-virus program you're using.

Request sent. Additionally could you list list the active mods you`re using.
Complte Sword Overhaul-719-1-0
Dagger Overhaul-708-1-0
Item Stacking and Equipment Slots Mod-259-v1-1
Permanent Bodies Mod-707-1-0
Sound and Texture Overhaul-703-3-3
TW1 - Carmen and Friends-645-
Witcher 1 HD Faces 1.4-729-1-4

Dear Someone from the Technical Team

Dead body bug. Suddenly most of latest save files are loading with geralt stuck on the screen and cant move.
Please advice.
How to avoid this situation in the future.
Attached is my latest save file

please help.
thank you
sincerly,
jon
Post automatically merged:

my both latest save files

Dear Someone from the Technical Team

Dead body bug. Suddenly most of latest save files are loading with geralt stuck on the screen and cant move.
Please advice.
How to avoid this situation in the future.
Attached is my latest save file

please help.
thank you
sincerly,
jon

my both latest save files
Are you using any mods?
I`ll gladly take a look but your post didn`t include a link to your save files.

Are you using any mods?
I`ll gladly take a look but your post didn`t include a link to your save files.

I am not using any mods.

I tried to attach my save files but after it loads up it shows the attached picture, the name of the save file is got a line over it.
I think this attach files button only allows pic files with jpeg, png, etc files.

How do i attached files with the save extention....

Pls advice

thanks

jon

Attachments

• the w technical support.png
    the w technical support.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 170
You could upload in on google drive, dropbox, wertransfer or whatever other similar website and post the link here.

You need to change the settings for the google drive link, so anyone with the link can see it.

Dear Tommy5761,

Can you pls advice me on how to not suddenly all latest saves files get this issue in the coming times?

jon

thanks for the help

oh i forgot to mention,
i use a trainer not a mod per say..

Last edited:
So far all the issues I`ve encountered for the dead Geralt has either come from the trainer or combination of trainer and mods. The only way I know of not to encounter this issue is not to use the trainer or to obtain a working version of the witcher save game editor.

Top Bottom