"Witcher Experimentation" Notes (Difficult to find item in W3 that indicates experiments to allow Witchers to reproduce)

+
Okay folks, just a question about this - I had seen this when discussing some story items on a W3 group on FB and even after like 6 playthroughs of W3 I've never seen this item in the game, and apparently it's because you have to import a W2 savegame in which you agreed to drink that potion from those two scientists in Flotsam. Apparently the potion was an experiment to try to make Witchers able to sire children again. (link below for reference). The item is located at Oxenfurt on a pile of books (I believe near where Shani helps you get into the university during HoS).

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Witcher_experimentations_-_cont.

So on to my question - does anyone know what "addfact" command would need to be entered into the console in order to ensure this letter is discoverable in-game? I never import my save due to some issues people have reported at times with that, but it'd be nice to have this item present in the game since I do generally choose to drink that potion from those scientists.

Thanks much!

apparently it's because you have to import a W2 savegame in which you agreed to drink that potion from those two scientists in Flotsam.
Yes, this is indeed the case. It's a very subtle detail which one of the developers inserted, and can only be found by normal means with a save import.

does anyone know what "addfact" command would need to be entered into the console in order to ensure this letter is discoverable in-game?
That I don't know. Perhaps @sv3672 might have a clue?

The fact name is import_geralt_drank_mysterious_potion, but I do not know if it works when added late in the game. It probably should at least until the end of the prologue and before entering the Velen/Novigrad area for the first time.

Last edited:
Sorry for my late response, but thank you to both of you for responding. I will give this a try on my next playthrough. Pretty neat little storytelling point there.
Just to clarify - the command should be: addfact(import_geralt_drank_mysterious_potion)
?

Top Bottom