Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
GabeofRivia said:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the way you guys talk so casually about this grand finale makes me feel like I'm the only one really sad to know that I'll never see Geralt again. :/

Don't be angry with us. TW3 will be the last game with Geralt as protagonist. That is given, at least for now. I want CDPR make further games in TW universe, and, I hope, Geralt may be in them as NPC, may be even a significant one.

But if to imagine CDPR would want to develop a new IP, we can dream about our favorite books and old games coming to life.

vivaxardas said:
Don't be angry with us. TW3 will be the last game with Geralt as protagonist. That is given, at least for now. I want CDPR make further games in TW universe, and, I hope, Geralt may be in them as NPC, may be even a significant one.

But if to imagine CDPR would want to develop a new IP, we can dream about our favorite books and old games coming to life.
My honest opinion. Playing a Witcher game with a protagonist other than Geralt?

Pass.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about a Witcher game where you make your own character, maybe even a dwarf or elf. It's been done before, but maybe they could do it better...

Thothistox said:
I'm surprised no one has said anything about a Witcher game where you make your own character, maybe even a dwarf or elf. It's been done before, but maybe they could do it better...

I think CDRP rejected that idea in the past, since they wanted to focus on predefined characters in the context of the Witcher series.

eskiMoe said:
My honest opinion. Playing a Witcher game with a protagonist other than Geralt?

Pass.

This. It's like Mass Effect without Shepard, it would just feel wrong.

I'd be pretty happy to just have a neat little Trilogy & then see CDPR move onto other stuff (Cyberpunk2077 is a fantastic Theme swap, I love that kind of boldness). Unnecessary franchise extension is almost always a bad thing.

eskiMoe said:
This I disagree with though. Never liked (male) Shepard. The character or the voice.

I thought he lost alot of 'character' in 2 & 3 & overall really disliked 3, but I was more-so just using it as an example. I couldn't imagine a Witcher game without Geralt playing a prominent role, just like I couldn't imagine Mass Effect without Shepard, an Arkham Game without Batman or Tomb Raider without Lara Croft ETC.

Daverid said:
I thought he lost alot of 'character' in 2 & 3 & overall really disliked 3, but I was more-so just using it as an example. I couldn't imagine a Witcher game without Geralt playing a prominent role, just like I couldn't imagine Mass Effect without Shepard, an Arkham Game without Batman or Tomb Raider without Lara Croft ETC.
I again disagree. Shepard was in my opinion a very generic protagonist that could easily be replaced by another grunt. That would not be the case in Arkham games. Batman is one of a kind, irreplaceable. I'd actually prefer a Mass Effect game that didn't have the tired old "space marine" protagonist.

eskiMoe said:
I again disagree. Shepard was in my opinion a very generic protagonist that could easily be replaced by another grunt. That would not be the case in Arkham games. Batman is one of a kind, irreplaceable. I'd actually prefer a Mass Effect game that didn't have the tired old "space marine" protagonist.

Ah well, totally respect the opinion, considering you can totally change facial features & even give Shepard a different (First) name, I can totally understand how someone could find him/her replaceable. For me I always just used Default Shepard & especially during the first game became pretty attached to the 'standard' character that I just couldn't imagine Mass Effect without him (Her too but I played Male).

The point however remains unchanged, I know there's plenty of characters that could be used for another Witcher Game, but it would just be strange & as I said it would be great to see CDPR continue towards new ventures rather then try to extend the Franchise.

Duskey said:
As I've said many times before: Get the game rights for Vampire: The Masquerade and do a successor to Bloodlines.
This, or as Gregski said the other day, a Cthulhu rpg.

My personal opinion on continuing is that they should do a blank slate witcher that you create a witcher.

Edit: Handlebar beard Shepherd trumps any other everyday.

New Suggestion, just occurred to me: Something from the greatest comics writer in history: Alan Moore.

He doesn't even talk to hollywood anymore, sticking his principles for not pandering to the masses right up the greed mongers bottom line. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd chat with the Reds though.

Theres never been a game from his writing, that would be a coup in itself, and his observations about the complexity of existence & morality would chime with CDPR.

Mostly Scifi in his existing stuff though, Promethea is a great one thats not been touched - too controversial. I bet they could collaborate on something new tho...

"You don't wanna go looking for folklore. And you especially don't want folklore to come looking for you."

Duskey said:
As I've said many times before: Get the game rights for Vampire: The Masquerade and do a successor to Bloodlines.

Yes! That dark and gritty world beats many other attempts on the vampire genre of today.

eskiMoe said:

He is called Geralt AND Gerald(by someone looking for him) in the books. :rolleyes: And he isn't Rivian neither but still goes by the name 'Geralt of Rivia'.

definetely ciri

both mage and witcher

or maybe the dragon lady fighting to solidify her kingdom

I would expect such news about the same time as cyberpunk 3 though

10 years maybe ?!?!?

I'd love to see a Knight Templar themed game, something following the story of Kingdom of Heaven. There'd be so many angles CDPR could tackle in their unique style, such as politics, religion,etc.

GabeofRivia said:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the way you guys talk so casually about this grand finale makes me feel like I'm the only one really sad to know that I'll never see Geralt again. :/

I was expecting TW3 to be the last Geralt game even before TW2 was made so i had a long time to get used to this.

It is time for something new, both for us and the developers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - dark, mature Call of Cthulhu RPG.

Imagine the Great Old Ones, designed and rendered by CDPR artists.

Top Bottom