Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
After much though, I've come to the conclusion that Ciri will not be the protagonist of TW4. Here's a list of reasons why.

1. It's not just the end of Geralt's story, it's also the end of the stories of the people inextricably linked to him. He's bound to Ciri by destiny/fate, and I believe it's going to stay that way. If there's no Geralt, there won't be any Ciri, either.

2. She's not a Witcher. The series is called "The Witcher", after all. In regards to solutions, making her one would break the lore, since she would die due to the mutations not being made for women (Only men.). Although, two solid counter-points for this are the fact that she is called "the Witcheress", in the future, and Yennefer said that she may have rediscovered the secrets of the mutations, which could potentially lead to research on how to make female witchers. But, if they didn't use either of those counter-arguments, the fact that she wouldn't be able to use signs, potions, or elixirs would be a huge bummer, since those three things are some of the coolest parts of playing as a witcher.

3. She's as over-powered as heck. Ciri slices through enemies like they're made of butter. She also has insanely powerful magical abilities.
You COULD say that she lost these, when she defeated the White Frost, though.

4. Making her a Witcheress would negate everything the first three games led up to.
Since she has three potential states, at the end of TW3, all of your decisions for the other two would be meaningless. It would be a huge middle-finger to fans.

5. This is the biggest one; you can come up with all the excuses you want to render those previous four points void, but, ultimately, C.D.P.R. would be shoe-horning her in. It would be an incredible disservice to fans, and they're not the type to disappoint us like that.

I've got no respect for anyone who wants the story to continue to be honest. Sure it may be fleshed more here and there, redo w1, make a prequel to all, add a few pre-final war missions in w3 to explain the frost better, but continuing the story?Damn the series got a perfect ending, just leave it there. No w4, never, I'd gather my all eternal fire torches if cdpr announces sth like that.

As much as I adore the Witcher series, the CDProjekt team covered a LOT of ground between Witcher 1, 2, and 3! I mean they really took the lore in the books and ran with it just about to the limit of Sapkowski's stories. If they produced a Witcher 4 — and I suspect the team is grateful for a well-deserved break from the Witcher world after so much work invested in designing it — what would the story be? Sure there are plot points they could play on, like the Curse of the Black Sun or the fallout of Avallach's "Conjunction Lite", but they'd be more doing their own thing than following the series at that point.

At least from what I understand. I've still only read The Last Wish and haven't delved into the saga yet.

But is it a world I want to explore more of? ABSOLUTELY! It's less important if Geralt, Ciri, or create-your-own-character is the protagonist, however, and more important if CDPR has the desire and story to make a Witcher 4.

I would prefer to witcher 4 (if there is one) to be a prequel with out the main cast,(expect possible a younger Vesamir) a whole new story prior to the assault on Kaer Morhen. Would be nice to see a world with more than 5 witchers alive

would love to have a witcher game where you create your own witcher. start by customizing a kid for the training missions, make friends, your choices determine who survives the trial of the grasses, then your apprentice years, followed by your adult years where youre given free reign to go wherever you want.

I'm not expecting anything soon however I do hope in the future (not close future) they will remaster TW1 and TW2. More people need to appreciate those gems especially TW1.
Playing TW1 with modern graphics is one of my secret dreams.

That would be amazing! It would also be kinda cool if you could choose which witcher school you attend as well.

If I wanted more Witcher, this is what I'd do.

With Witcher series coming to an end and no new Witcher game in sight, I thought what they could do to have even more Witcher without milking the allure out of the current witcher world. In this gamer daydream of mine. So here goes. Let me know if you'd play something like this or not.

To begin with, we'll have a game about Ciri. It should have a comparatively small (30-40 hour) hack & slash game on how Ciri
defeated the white frost after passing through the gate in Tor Gvalcha at the end of Witcher 3. In this game, we'll see how Ciri, through the help of other, seemingly mundane people, reaches the source of this universe devouring force called the white frost. In the end, thanks to her innate abilities, Ciri finally manages to stop the white frost before returning to her world. Or so she thought...
The credits roll and after it, the truth is uncovered. Some of the people who helped her were in cahoots. They already knew of her arrival and when she was there, they manipulated her to take control of the experimental force (the white frost) that had spun out of their control. Now they can perfect it and keep it under their control. What should this bunch of lowlives be? Probably the ones who were watching with utter surprise when Ciri gave up her powers to save a unicorn in Korath deser. Now with time, they can perfect the control over the white frost and unleash it at their whim. The only thing it will take is more time.

1000 year passes (2000 maybe?). The story of the White Wolf and the Empress who brought peace to the world has moved from legend to myth. It is said that it was her who ensured that the elves and other non-humans once again have a place of their own in this world and that they no longer treated as worse than animals. The world has advanced greatly though it seems to have advanced more in the magical arts than science. This is the world that will be the setting for 'my' new witcher game.

Monsters riddle the world. As myth has it, monsters were long ago almost erradicated but the Empress Cirilla had to pass through a portal to another world in order to stop a cataclysm, which brought about a near-apocalyptic conjucnction that bringing countless new monsters into the world (Events at the end of Witcher 3). Humanity for a time stopped killing each other because they had to defend themselves from these ghastly creatures since withers are far outnumbered. Mages were forced to create new Witcher to deal with the problem. This time they were better than the last and the world treated them better as well, out of necessity. Even an eon later, Witchers exist though far improved from their first incarnations among whom the most famous is the one name Geralt of Rivia, the white wolf.

Now Witchers ride on bikes, not horses. They have a shotgun holster on their bikes instead of swords wrapped in leather. Double barrel with ammo mods for various types (armor piercing, incendiary, silver, etc.). On their back, two swords, one steel, one silver. They join together at the hilt to make a weapon that delivers steel and silver in equal measure. They also carry a sidearm which can be a handgun or a rifle and other things necessary to kill monsters. These witchers are magically more capable and can upgrade their mutations to have incredible abilities that will see them through the unfairest of fights against the worst monsters. I've seen a version of Geralt that is somewhat of this style. It was a fan art on deviantart.com. Unfortunately I didn't add favorites and can't find it now.

Not only witchers but also the monster have evolved over time. Vampires so powerful they can regenerate a lost limb in seconds werewolves that can transform at will and many others. There are also monsters that have been experimented on by rogue magicians who are far worse than their "natural" counterparts but serve the will of thier masters.

This is a world where I'd like to see a new Witcher Trilogy made. The story goes roughly like this -
A natural calamity of sorts have struck the heart of some political and military centers of the wold, freezing all. This happens in many countries who are pointing fingers left and right starting a political unrest among nations. They look to the mages to identify and find a solution but they've never seen nor heard of anything like this. A handful remember hearing stories of a cataclysmic frost long ago. They're so old now, they hardly remember those stories. Also, the world has become less likely to pay heed to myths anymore. Druids no longer exist in this urban world. Only one Witcher, who had a interest in the nearly forgotten myths of long ago seems to find any semblance of answers in long lost stories about a halfbreed Empress who brought peace and monsters to the world in equal measure. It is also said that she had innate magical abilities that surpass any mage that ever lived. The line of the elder blood is now forgotten, the line is now presumed to have met its end long ago. But there are rumors of certain individuals that makes the protagonist seek out and investigate these rumors in hopes to find out a survival of the old blood or at least learn something useful for that the mages of the world can use to figure out the latest cataclysm.

The game would obviously be and RPG. Won't have it any other way, would you? But for a change, after playing those sword slashing Witcher games and Gun toting Cyberpunk games, maybe CDPR wants to change things up and make a hack-n-slash game? I know I loved playing darksiders 1 & 2. Maybe a hybrid between HackNSlash and the gameplay of Witcher 3. A hackNSlash with more believable but still spectacular moves and effects. Imagine, two swords used separately, the two joining together to make a different weapon with its own skill tree and of course, ranged weapons like rifles, shotguns, crossbows with various ammo mods, bombs, armors that amplify witcher signs duration or intensity based on armor type and upgrades. And mutations. Character build will be fun.

This is a game I'd like to play. How about the Witcher fans here? Would you play something like this. I know, I know, story writers in CDPR can come up with something far better than what I have here. But its fun to daydream sometimes, isn't it? Maybe you have your own story in mind and like to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remembers "Raven" the legendary witcher mentioned in the first game. It would be cool to play in a setting years before the events of the novels.

"I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt."

------> Already enjoying that for half a year now :D And I have to say: Awesome gameplay, very lore-conform, and his age fits perfectly to Yen and Triss.
View attachment 48021

But a new Witcher game with elemental mage Ciri who also dominates the elements and bends time itself with awesome Matrix-like slow motion moves (and these superfast moves like she does in the actual game) would be truly interesting.

Or maybe Witcher 3 Remastered in a few years with a whole new engine, when machines are fast enough to make it looking exactly like that legendary CGI rendervideo from 2013, could really please my exquisite taste of gaming.

Attachments

• witcher3 2016-06-04 13-32-58-987.jpg
    witcher3 2016-06-04 13-32-58-987.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 62
Game after Cyberpunk 2077 and/or Witcher 4 discussion

Hi, in this thread I would like to discuss possibilities about next game after Cyberpunk 2077 or/and about another Witcher game with two main topics.

Firstly, if it would be Witcher game, what would you like to be it about ?
I read many threads here on forums and many people liked idea about playing as Ciri as she travels through worlds.
If so, how would you imagine actual gameplay ? How to make gameplay interesting, as main idea is just passing from one world to another ?

Many people also asked about Ioverth and Saskia missing in Witcher 3.
I have two ideas about this. Since I haven't played previous Witcher games, or read books, my only informations come from gameplay videos.
Saw, that Saskia can transform to dragon form, Maybe it would be cool mechanic for another game. Replacing witcher signs with dragon abilities.
Witcher senses could be reworked to something similar for dragon, let's say SMELL or something...
Story could be about Saskia and Ioverth in while story of Witcher 3 was happening.
From what I understand, Ioverth is leader of elves and tries to save them in world, where humans spread like insects and his ideology about it is that populating world is about quality and not quantity.
It would be cool if he tried to cooperate with Wild Hunt at some point, but separated shortly after, because of Eredin's thinking of self dominance. At the end he would say some legendary quote, like "We are both elves, one race, one nation, one family, but we cannot talk like it. We felt to bottom of hole called war(/civilization), where only the one with sharpest blade has right to live, no matter of sharpness of his belief, that he doesn't need such a blade. Like humans, I tell you...".

Or, secondary, just another game from Witcher universe.
I would actually prefer to have NOT Geralt as main character. Stories were told, it's time, at least for me, to start something new.
Maybe completely another world from witcher universe, where would exist global events and mechanics from witcher universe, like conjunction of spheres, white frost, magic and portals,
but totally different world and/or region..
In this case, I have no idea yet.
What would you like to see in setting like this ?

Finally, if it should NOT be another Witcher game, what genre/time setting/lore would you prefer ?
With Witcher and Cyberpuk 2077, CDPR has basically depleted all possible time settings from medieval to future.
What theme/time zone/lore would you like to see in game after Cyberpunk, if it would not be another Witcher game ?

For Mods : I searched for threads like this, but didn't find one such. If it exists, feel free to merge or whatever :)

0248991;n8284430 said:
For Mods : I searched for threads like this, but didn't find one such. If it exists, feel free to merge or whatever
Threads merged. While not an exact fit, I think this one resembles most of the major points of your topic.

Too be honest I actually want a new protagonist, but also a new era as well.. the 1940s era should make for a interesting theme specially after ww2

A fresh start, there are places i would like to visit, a new protagonist, but maybe there could be some storys intertwine with Geralt that would be a gem! like u going on some cave and there is Geral killing some drowners, a side story would be nice, with some substance thou.

i always had the idea that when ciri went to close the white frost shut at that time the second conjuction of spheres happened right? bunch of portals openned all over skellige and monsters started to pour out? well i thought what would happen if not something but someone came trough a powerfull being who had power of sway over many monsters in witcher world my idea was like this
After witcher 3 2-3 years pass niflgard solidifies its rule over northern kindgoms stuff seems to be calming down and to everyones surprise there is less and less reports of monsters attacking or being seen anywere its like they are gone everyone things ''well thats great no monsters no need for witchers then anymore huh?'' dead wrong im afraid, out of no were a massive monster army invades half the nilfgard empire and sets it ablaze from the deserts of zerekania to the sun empires capital city a new monster calling its self ''The Prime'' leads the various monsters of the world quest to whipe out the humans elves and dwarves and halflings to create a monster only world now the people cry out for help but the leaders of the many nations are powerless against this new threat not only are the beasts well organized they are also well equiped it seems , ghouls clad in armor scraps , neckers and drowners wielding weapons of men and using milittary tactics under the sway of The Prime they are slaughtering the unprepared noone knows how to fight these beasts whot conventional means only witchers know how to battle and all but very few are left people are desperate and are begging for them to help but they know its all in vain since almost none are left and then they only realise how wrong they were to turn witchers away and be complete assholes against then BUT when all hope is lost ENTER A NEW MAIN CHARACTER a witcher from across the seas from an unkown lands hailing from a never heard school before the very first witcher school , the school of the Dragon whit new witcher mc is male yes BUT along whit him is another main character ENTER cirilla fiona elen riannon aka Ciri this is were i would like to see a co-op multyplayer campaign wich would be new and cool
So we know ciri is pretty much the classic witcher whit her new sword her witcher arsenal, all things thought by geralt pluss her super powers but what about this new guy? well the school of dragon is unique in its members since not only all genders can be witcher but that they are born not made thats right this school is so advanced in mutations that they have bipased the sterility and now witchers can inherit their powers from their powers were this would introduce a new mutations specifc talent tree for male mc and magical elder blood talent tree for ciri also what does the school of the dragons else have in they inventory? well we know all witcher carry 2 longswords but this one could carry dual axes maibe and what for the range you say ? A MUSKET GUN! oh yea school of dragon excels very highly science and technology
So whit these 2 badasses running around and kicking monster ass what else could they do ? well my idea was this that the new mc witchers mission from the school of dragons grandmaster was to investigate the monster threat and recruit new initiates to help rebuild the old witcher schools to help in their battles against The Prime and his monster army
But you might ask ''recruit new initiates ? what you mean by that ?'' well as i said the school of dragon is very VERY advanced in mutations so that they can transform just about anyone into a witcher whitout the deadly side effects were 2 out of 10 boys die in process that way they can recruit older war veterans and champions and uprgade them in new witchers were they later also help to rebuild the witcher schoold starting whit the School of the Wolf in Kaer Morhen

so yea thats was my own personal idea anyway dunno how they wil make witcher 4 but ima excited anyway

To be honest for Witcher i hope most for Witcher 1 plot remastered +. The first game have really clunky gameplay, not to mention graphic. The plot deserve better. With remaster we have young Geralt, and plot done, but still can expand it, so it will be not only W1 but some more. New quests.

The idea of Ciri is ok, however it has some feeling of overstreaching. We are no longer Witcher but some form of timelord, empress, sorceress. Cant say no to that, but it is different.

W3 was so epic and final, that is hard to outdo it.

It would be fun to play strategy game in Witcher universe in Crusader Kings way.

Taking another universe in the work sounds cool. Could slavic themes but in more modern times. Cyberpunk is ok.

Top Bottom