Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
I was thinking that with some friends, about a witcher MMO, where you would either start as a witcher and sellect one of three witcher schools, or you could be man/elf/dwarf but unable to play witcher (because they are few and too powerfull in lore).

At least if you were man/elf/dwarf, you could pvp.

But seeing how terrible and lore-breaking ESO was (and I was not a hater from the beginning, I actually played the game), I don't think I would want another franchise to be rushed into an MMO.

I was not talking about TW4 being an rpg top/down diablo style game. I am all about TW3 and it's style, it looks to be my dream game come true so far.
I was just thinking that it would be fun at some point, to play a cool looking dungeon crawler made by CDPR Team that's all. It does not even have to be witcher related, but something like, Baldur's Gate meets Diablo III, Meets RedEngine3 and the Amazing Art Team @ CDPR.
;)
p.s If they ever do something like this, Please add a jump button lol...

Last edited:
A dungeon crawler ala legend of grimrock or diablo / torchlight?
Yes, mixed with some Bard's Tale too!

- the FP view of course,
but then again.. I am not against the idea of Reds doing that style of game either ;)

Last edited:
I hope it is Ciri because she is a flaw free princess who hopefully one day will rule the world!!!!!!
er but also I think she'd make a really kickass protagonist for the games.

Can't argue with Ciri being cirious about herself. Cirinception.
You go, girl !

While I would like the franchise to continue after Witcher 3, i also feel like it wouldn't be "The Witcher" without Geralt. It would just feel weird. He is one of the main reasons why people like the games and he makes the game series cohesive.

It seems odd to me that CD Projekt is ending Geralt's story at the height of the franchise's popularity. Many people will discover the Witcher and Geralt for the first time with Witcher 3, and it seems like a shame to end that prematurely. I know that CD Projekt is trying to avoid too many sequels and wants a break from the franchise, but the way I see it you can't have "The Witcher" without Geralt. Even if Ciri was the protagonist of the next game it still wouldn't be "The Witcher" anymore and would need to be called something else.

If there ever is a Witcher 4 without Geralt, I think it would be cool for the game to follow the story of another Witcher like Eskel, Lambert, or Letho. That way the series could still retain the name "Witcher" and build upon Witcher 3's combat and alchemy gameplay.

Guest 3765545

I think Yennefer will in the next game after the witcher3:wild hunt

i'm calling a series about dandelion narrating the deeds of other heroes in the witcher world, i'm calling it.

Guest 3751882

New Witcher Game Idea??

Hey!

I've been playing The Witcher 2 for the first time and this idea hit me while I was kicking some monster ass, so I thought I should share it on the forum. And considering that Witcher 3 is the final game (which is extremely sad) I think we should start throwing ideas at CDPR ;)

The game is set in the times when the Witcher's were still popular. The times before the events of Kaer Morhn. You make your own Witcher using a character creation tool and your first levels are spent in Kaer Morhn training (which is ultimatly the tutorial) and it ends by you taking the 3 Witcher trials.And you advance by hunting monsters and doing all the other Witchery things. It would have the same in depth combat as The Witcher 2 (and 3). and the world could span all of Temeria it should span the whole world of Witcher. And you could have big events where for example dragons attack and all Witchers must come together to the rescue etc.

I know this is a very barebones idea, but I'm sure CDPR are creative enough to add some super cool ideas to it and make it something worthwhile. Or maybe they could find another way to provide us with this experience.

The benefits of this game will not only be that it will provide unlimited awesome fights either solo or with friends, but will also let us know more about the Witcher's history.

This would basically be an MMO, and I'll be honest I've never actually got into one and I know people are very cynical about them and their implementation, but I trust CDPR.

Only thing that would really need to be solved is the fact that in MMO's there's so many people at one place which would make the Witcher's seem a bit to common. I guess you could implement a better version of The Elder Scrolls Online's shard system thing; where only a group of people are available together and are seen per unit time.

Would love to know what you guys think XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3751882

I don't like it at all. For many reasons one of them that your idea is bioware-ish.

Ah your thinking of The Old Republic... Not so good of a comparison considering that my idea didn't really include that much of a focus on choices. I was thinking more of a monster hunter-ish game cause choices in MMO's are usually hard to have while keeping the same feeling of control.

Plus there's nothing wrong with being inspired by other companies.

As for the rest of your idea, I suppose it makes sense, but it's hard to judge your idea when it's barely developed beyond a rather conventional template. So conventional, in fact, that I would trust CDPR to do something different.

Guest 3751882

As for the rest of your idea, I suppose it makes sense, but it's hard to judge your idea when it's barely developed beyond a rather conventional template. So conventional, in fact, that I would trust CDPR to do something different.

How is it conventional? I actually think it would be a bit unique considering there are very little co-op/ multilayer monster hunting games.

Guest 3751882

Every single MMORPG is a multiplayer monster hunting game.

Well yeah but so does every single fantasy game and every single RPG.

When I said monster hunting I meant Witcher/Monster Hunter style of hunting with trophies and action RPG combat with traps, signs etc

Basically all of Witcher's 2 side quests but with friends.

Doesn't even have to be its seperate game. Could be a Witcher 3 expansion where you choose between Yennefer Tress etc.

I hope there will be a old-fashioned addon for Witcher 3. Something like Awakening for Dragon Age Origins.
As for Witcher 4. I really hope they reconsider the end of Geralts story and make another Witcher with him as the main protagonist. If that won't be the case, I would like to play as Ciri. I just don't want a game with a fully customizable character like skyrim or dragon age, because they usually are extremly bland and have zero personality.

Top Bottom