Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
I'm all for this, but sadly the community is too male-dominant and having tons of sex with men in the game will cause the biggest bloody outcry in the history of gaming.

But on the other hand CDPR has proven that they can make a game popular, even if it seems like the commercial potential is weak.

The ciri game could be the first great time-travel game in ages. They could have so much fun with that, it's already established that our world exists in the Witcher multiverse, imagine the potential

For example having 3 huge maps:
The Continent (witcher world)
The Dune World (We have never had a proper Dune-inspired rpg)
And an interesting time period in our world, I wouldn't even mind something super out-there like WWII Europe :p )

Last edited:
I would like a game with Ciri as the protagonist whithout any doubt!
However, a new "serie" regarding books' story would be cool too.
A sort or prologue game.

Well either we get another Witcher game or something brand new besides Cyberpunk 2077.

Personally, I hope we wont see another Witcher game. Its best to end it at a high note.

Dune or Dinotopia by CD Red would be much more preferable. Or anything else that would be fresh.

Ciri would be a great choice. If they loosely follow the books than Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, & Dandelion among others would still be in the game. Besides, her story deserves to be told it'd be well worth it.

I'm all for this, but sadly the community is too male-dominant and having tons of sex with men in the game will cause the biggest bloody outcry in the history of gaming.
Why do you think so? You can have sex with men in Bioware games, gay sex even, and it's acceptable (if cringe-worthy due to crappy writing). I don't think Ciri having some fun would be that outrageous.

Geralt only or no money. Geralt's the face of the franchise. It's all about identity to the mass consumer and not the small minority who read the books or prowl these forums. Either way there not going to touch the Witcher franchise anytime soon until their done with Cyberpunk which could be a long time. Which isn't a bad thing since I think they'll have more freedom with Cyber then Witcher but just my stupid opinion.

The only way well see another Witcher game anytime soon from these guys is if they sell out to a major publisher and I really hope that doesn't happen. Id rather wait for quality then a milked developer like BioCrap.

Last edited:
Why do you think so? You can have sex with men in Bioware games, gay sex even, and it's acceptable (if cringe-worthy due to crappy writing). I don't think Ciri having some fun would be that outrageous.

In Mass Effect this is based upon the character you create, if it was an integral part of the game it would make a huge difference (And it would have to be, The Witcher without sexuality as the only escape from the bleakness of the world is not the Witcher) Besides, forget about sex, even having an entire game written from a distinctly female perspective might be too much for some people

I feel like only a small percentage of the community is truly ready for a truly female-centric RPG where gender is much more than a gimmick (like in ME or ES games) Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them deep-dive into the issue of being a strong woman in a world that treats you like crap. I just don't think people would support that financially

Search this forum for the topic on the sexism accusations directed at the Witcher .The level of discussion horrified me.Around 10 different users basically verbally lynched the journalist for tweeting that the Witcher use some sexist tropes... TW is not a very sexist game by any standard but even if the journalist was wrong, the level of pure hate fcor her just scared the living crap out of me.

Seeing things like that makes me believe that it's a bit too early for a proper female protagonist with proper real-life problems. IMO, it might be 2015 in the real world but the gaming community is stuck in the early 90ties

Again, I really hope with all my heart that I'm wrong and that it's just a couple of mental trolls that make for the bad rep. But I have a feeling it might not be

I want to ask people who want another Witcher game something. If you had a choice between another witcher game or a game from completely different franchise, would you go for another witcher game?

And if so, then why? Arent there enough sequels in games?
(Just to be sure, I am asking with polite curiosity)

I figured that's why they introduced her as playable. Kind of a beta test. I'm okay with them ending Geralt's involved as a main character. But this game made this company AAA, for them to leave the "Witcher" series seems weird to me. Unless the only plan was to use this to spring launch cyber punk

Ciri's great and I enjoyed playing as her, albeit I feel like her story wrapped up quite nicely, especially with perfect and bittersweet Empress ending. I wouldn't mind a DLC, though.

I want to ask people who want another Witcher game something. If you had a choice between another witcher game or a game from completely different franchise, would you go for another witcher game?

And if so, then why? Arent there enough sequels in games?
(Just to be sure, I am asking with polite curiosity)

If I could choose a completely new IP or another Witcher, I'd go with the Witcher. Why? Because I love the main premise of the series : We are all doomed, let's make the best out of this incredibly tragic situation. It would be really hard to find an original new IP where the feeling of complete despair is so apparent. This world makes every tiny victory feel so good. In terms of RPGs I actually think the Witcher lore is better material for a game than even the Song of Ice and Fire Saga. Why? Because the concept of a Witcher, even if it's not Geralt, is very relatable. Witchers are not royalty like 90% of Martin's characters. They are outcasts that would actually prefer to have a quiet life, but instead they are forved to make ends meet by working this weird and lonely profession.

No, not really. If they do another full game in the Witcher-verse (hope eternally springs) I would rather have a fully Player-generated Character for once, not another already established one that for some reason starts at level 1.

No, not really. If they do another full game in the Witcher-verse (hope eternally springs) I would rather have a fully Player-generated Character for once, not another already established one that for some reason starts at level 1.

I actually would prefer that too, yea... if not fully customizable, then a few options would be nice. Like, say, a Witcher, a Sorceress, and a Knight. That way we could still have elements like monster contracts (all three do monster hunting) and have some more diverse gameplay.

If I could choose a completely new IP or another Witcher, I'd go with the Witcher. Why? Because I love the main premise of the series : We are all doomed, let's make the best out of this incredibly tragic situation. It would be really hard to find an original new IP where the feeling of complete despair is so apparent. This world makes every tiny victory feel so good. In terms of RPGs I actually think the Witcher lore is better material for a game than even the Song of Ice and Fire Saga. Why? Because the concept of a Witcher, even if it's not Geralt, is very relatable. Witchers are not royalty like 90% of Martin's characters. They are outcasts that would actually prefer to have a quiet life, but instead they are forved to make ends meet by working this weird and lonely profession.

The next trilogy looks like Cyberpunk so Witcher fans will have to wait awhile, maybe "next gen".

Ciri is a great character, but she wouldn't make a good main protagonist primarily because she's too powerful. Also, at the risk of sounding sexist, a female protagonist would be really difficult to pull off due to the type of world the Witcher series is based in.. Not sure if CDPR want to expose themselves to that kind of controversy and potential backlash.

It would be much easier for them to continue with a male character..

Ciri is a great character, but she wouldn't make a good main protagonist primarily because she's too powerful. Also, at the risk of sounding sexist, a female protagonist would be really difficult to pull off due to the type of world the Witcher series is based in.. Not sure if CDPR want to expose themselves to that kind of controversy and potential backlash.

It would be much easier for them to continue with a male character..

Or go with a sorceress... they are mighty enough to not take crap from anyone.

Top Bottom