Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
Ciri is not fit to be the lead of a Witcher game, but instead she is more fit to be the protagonist of a Japanese RPG.

She has a weak and one dimensional character. A beautiful princess who has been granted a powerful gift or curse, and everyone wants a piece of her. She is a Marry Sue and a cliche in every aspect. She can jump through space and time, and turns into a light beam on the battlefield instead of blocking and dodging. She has the Elder Blood and all the other high fantasy going for her. The way she looks and sounds are also JRPG material. She is not fit for a dark grounded medieval fantasy.

This is my opinion after reading the books and playing the games.

The next trilogy looks like Cyberpunk so Witcher fans will have to wait awhile, maybe "next gen".

I know it's Cyberpunk time :) It was a hypothetical, if Iwinski called me tomorrow and said: "Bartek, should we invest in a new IP or continue with the Witcher?" I wouldve said: The Witcher. But at the same time I'm so happy to see a futuristic CDPR game. There are so few futuristic games, not rpg's only, that have a very adult set of themes. I'm tired of all the PG 13 lets-save-the-universe crap. I think CDPR are the right people to make a proper game like that :)

I know it's Cyberpunk time :) It was a hypothetical, if Iwinski called me tomorrow and said: "Bartek, should we invest in a new IP or continue with the Witcher?" I wouldve said: The Witcher. But at the same time I'm so happy to see a futuristic CDPR game. There are so few futuristic games, not rpg's only, that have a very adult set of themes. I'm tired of all the PG 13 lets-save-the-universe crap. I think CDPR are the right people to make a proper game like that :)

I would say cyberpunk if it was me haha
For me sci-fi > fantasy and the fact I love sci-fi, punk, steampunk etc, it's a dream come true :p

You forgot an option,

I would prefer to stay with Geralt, he didn't die so why not?

It's political suicide if you make game sequels that has the same main character through the whole thing and doesn't die but write him/her off. It will kill the series for most gamers if they don't keep it with the current cast.

I'm level 15 and I cringe every time I have to control Ciri. I would of prefered a cutscene, the taking control of her was mostly unnecessary (gameplay was mostly a joke, no strategy). I don't know if her gameplay changes for the better later on, but like I said, totally unimpressed with that portion of the game. I would also say that if they decided to make a Ciri game, I wouldn't buy it because I cannot play as a female protagonist.

I love women very much, but I personally can't play as one in a videogame and would not purchase the game. And yes that means I also have never purchased any female lead games and never plan to. It's no surprise why developers usually make games with male leads or the option of either male/female *Better sales* unfortunate for some, but good for me, lol.

Anyhow, good luck to CDPR if they go for it.

Frankly, I think this should be the end, the characters should be retired, on a high point.
When we do want more, not after many tired remakes and reboots, when we are well and truly sick of the lot of them.
If they revisit this world at all, I would want a new story, not based on any existing characters.

I'd really like CDPR to try creating their own unique world.
I always thought a science and magic world where which one worked changes, chaotically, much like weather does.
That would make am interesting and new world.

<Edit>Just noticed it's a poll.
I may post my opinion in a poll thread, but I never do polls, they are in general a biased system with limited choice.
My posts give my opinions, polls don't.

Last edited:
I know i'm on the minority here. But i'd love a "create your character" witcher game.

Years after the events of witcher 3. You create your character and choose one of the witcher schools.
And free you go. You can be a good guy or an asshole. You can get involved in politics, plough many women or none, be an assassin for hire or just be a witcher ignoring politics completely.
After you're done you can go back to kaer morhen where you can interact with your fellow witchers. Yeah, it's a coop hub.

People point out that having an established character like Geralt helps creating a strong narrative. I agree.
But i trust CDProjekt to create an rpg where your decisions will taylor the narrative completely.
You can be whatever you want and the world will reflect this.

I like Geralt. But my problem is i know how he thinks. After 3 games, after having read some of the books i know wich decisions he would make.
And this is too limiting.

I know i'm on the minority here. But i'd love a "create your character" witcher game.

Years after the events of witcher 3. You create your character and choose one of the witcher schools.
And free you go. You can be a good guy or an asshole. You can get involved in politics, plough many women or none, be an assassin for hire or just be a witcher ignoring politics completely.
After you're done you can go back to kaer morhen where you can interact with your fellow witchers. Yeah, it's a coop hub.

People point out that having an established character like Geralt helps creating a strong narrative. I agree.
But i trust CDProjekt to create an rpg where your decisions will taylor the narrative completely.
You can be whatever you want and the world will reflect this.

I like Geralt. But my problem is i know how he thinks. After 3 games, after having read some of the books i know wich decisions he would make.
And this is too limiting.

So in a way it become more like an Elder Scroll games but with better storytelling and I'm definitely down with that. That open up more gameplay feature and better mods as well. I would like to play as many classes other than Witcher. Like I want to play as Saskia and turn into a dragon.... Or Ivoreth and just become a ranger.

Though I think I'm in the minority like void when it come to this.

I reckon it would be a great idea because Ciri would continue the witcher series, As Geralt's adventure has ended. So Ciri could follow in his footsteps, plus the devs could squeeze in some mentions about Geralt and that he's still alive and kicking monster butt.

A game featuring Ciri in the "same old" Witcher universe? nahh

However, i would be very interested on a game featuring Ciri's adventures in another worlds/planets/dimensions/time....

I'd like a custom character in the witcher world, doesn't even have to be a witcher necessarily. Preferably not focusing on the characters from the books, though obviously some of them would make more or less minor appearances.

Maybe a character inspired by Ciri, i.e. an orphaned human/elf/dwarf - possibly a source - taken in and trained by wichers. Or maybe something more original, but with similar possibilities.

So many people want a Witcher game with Ciri, but isn't her story just complete as Geralt now?

Geralt's story is entangled with Ciri's. If they wanted to make a new game with Ciri, they have to make a whole new story about her, so it can stand on its own feet instead of building on what was in the books and games, but in that case, they could just make a new character.

Nope I want my own Witcher this time...to choose how he looks like and his age.
Maybe of different school.....I would like to be a Viper school witcher for example.

I'd like the story to continue too.. but as much as I like Ciri's rebellious attitude.. I can't imagine playing a character that's too strong. Blink Strike? Srsly. haha.
What I would like to see if there's ever a new witcher though is if the character is a new witcher, say promised for Geralt (again) after saving some guy's arse. And lets say the tomes (or whatever guide book it is) for creating new witchers has been found by Geralt! Now that's one story I would like to see. Not only will there be a new witcher, Geralt is still a prominent character in it... PLUS Vesemir is remembered through Geralt now since he'll assume the same role!

I'd like the story to continue too.. but as much as I like Ciri's rebellious attitude.. I can't imagine playing a character that's too strong. Blink Strike? Srsly. haha.

at first she didnt know how to use her powers properly, but yeah i mean, it would end up being OP anyways or just swordfight (which would be repetitive)

If they can come up with epic story then why not, but I don't see anything left from the lore for Ciri. Or what's your idea for starter ?

If they can come up with epic story then why not, but I don't see anything left from the lore for Ciri. Or what's your idea for starter ?
actually u could start from the beginning of ciri's story when they first met and her travels from when she trained with the witchers to when she ends up followed by the wild hunt. but dunno if it would actually work out that well

anything over a create your own character game - that cancer gotta stay out of this franchise

yeah, the best thing about this game is how immersive it is, they call you white wolf or gwynbleidd for a reason, a custom char wouldnt give you the same depth in the story as a default char would

Top Bottom