Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
yeah, the best thing about this game is how immersive it is, they call you white wolf or gwynbleidd for a reason, a custom char wouldnt give you the same depth in the story as a default char would

And how many players even know what that reason is? I've read the books, and honestly, I can't remember - unless it was just that Geralt has white hair, a reputation and is from the Wolf school.

Still, just to play the devil's advocate for a bit, the same thing can be said for other games: Dragonborn is called Dragonborn for a reason, Warden is called Warden for a reason, Watcher is called Watcher for a reason etc. In all these examples that reason is, in fact, even more relevant than in the case of the White Wolf.

Some games have a predefined protagonist, some have one that you create yourself. They both have their pros and cons, and I have no symphaty for fools (not referring to you) who claim that one is somehow inherently superior to the other. I think it'd be fun to see what CDPR could do with the latter after having created three games around Geralt.

Continue the Witcher series: Yes please.
Continue it with Ciri as main protagonist: No thanks.
If it was to continue with any of the current witchers it should be Lambert or Eskel.

But what I would most like to see is that the series continued with a totally "green" witcher protagonist that just finished training and about to take on his first journey out in the open world alone. You should be able to pick what witcher school/starting area you want of the known witcher schools. The different schools should offer slightly different play style.

I personally find ciri boring, I would rather like to play as a mage or a witcher from griffin school. Creating my own character would be the best option, but I understand that this takes huge efforts.

It would depend how they handle it. If its just Ciri running from people that want her power again it would quickly become tedious. It would be cool to be able to create your own character but only the way they look. That way we could have an interesting backstory like Geralts whilst still tailoring our character to our liking.

Just let it die after perfecting this game. Without Geralt and his companions, it would be a hill too steep to walk inventing a whole new storyline that is satisfying.

Don't necromance The Witcher.

They wouldn't necessarily need to get rid of Geralt and his friends though, hell Geralt could be the new characters Vesemir, that would be seriously cool. Just because this game is the end of Geralts story doesn't mean he can't help others with theirs. :)

Its a tough one. On one hand, additional witcher games would be great. On the other, we know we wont see Geralt again(as protagonist), so this leaves plenty of room. For both oppotunity and error. Whether having a story about Ciri as protagonist would be such a good idea, I dont really know. I mean, shes an interesting character and all, but her playstyle wouldnt be fitting for a Witcher game, imo. At least from what we have seen in TW3. The few passages when you played as her were fun as hell and definitely fit the mood, but a game titled the witcher would somehow conflict with ciris general abilities. Shes too op to make for a grand witcher title, in my opinion.

Id much rather see the stories of the books incorporated into a game or maybe something along the lines of a prequel where you play as young Vesemir. Just brainstorming here. Like I said, theres tons of possibilities. Just not all might be that great.

Thanks for voting everyone! Here's what people from another forum had to say : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71876870 I didn't add the option to continue the series with Geralt because the developer said this game was the end of Geralt's tale and... I didn't add the option to create your own character because i think there should probably be another poll for people who want an already existing character and those who want to create their own character... Oh and someone mentioned Ciri should be the protagonist in a Japanese RPG... Well this game sold well in Japan... Not many games not developed in Japan do well there... I wonder if Ciri had something to do with it? ???

It would be awesome, then the many objects of our desires would be all about the penis *cue cutscenes*

Just let it die after perfecting this game. Without Geralt and his companions, it would be a hill too steep to walk inventing a whole new storyline that is satisfying.

Don't necromance The Witcher.

Exactly
No The Witcher without Geralt and his friends for me

There is no need to milk this series

No, their story is over.
New witcher, with ressurected witcher schools would be great.

Also, im not a big fan of female protagonists, cant identyfy myslef with them. But those short moments from Ciri's prespective were nice.

I think it would be a good idea for Ciri to be the next main protagonist, because she already has a rich background and is young enough to have plenty more adventures. however with one of the endings of Witcher 3 it is unlikely that will happen unless CDPR choses a canon ending for everyone and builds the next game on that.

if Ciri wont be the main protagonist then what I would like is to have a new young Witcher character that has a rich backstory but is still customisable in appearance. however I would still like Ciri to have a BIG role in the next games. something like having her as a companion/romance option for the protagonist.

the danger with starting with fresh characters however is that we may be too used to Geralt, ciri, yennefer, triss and the rest, that starting from scratch may not feel right in that universe.

Im sure what ever CDPR do Ciri will return in some capacity but hopefully more than just a cameo

I think it would be a good idea for Ciri to be the next main protagonist, because she already has a rich background and is young enough to have plenty more adventures. however with one of the endings of Witcher 3 it is unlikely that will happen unless CDPR choses a canon ending for everyone and builds the next game on that.

if Ciri wont be the main protagonist then what I would like is to have a new young Witcher character that has a rich backstory but is still customisable in appearance. however I would still like Ciri to have a BIG role in the next games. something like having her as a companion/romance option for the protagonist.

the danger with starting with fresh characters however is that we may be too used to Geralt, ciri, yennefer, triss and the rest, that starting from scratch may not feel right in that universe.

Im sure what ever CDPR do Ciri will return in some capacity but hopefully more than just a cameo
I'm not so sure i loved the time i got to play as ciri and she added massive depth and feeling to the game as did all the characters.. but with so many endings and no clear cannon ending will make it hard for a continuing witcher story (sadly) i feel ciri is to op for her own story with in the witcher world .. which brings me to geralt can you really have a witcher game without geralt!! like mass effect can you have a mass effect without sheppard??… I'm kinda sad that they have produced such a amazing game with so much content rich stories etc for it to be the end of geralts storyline.. possibly

Last edited:
Top Bottom