Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
Like the show supernatural almost? Hunting monsters in a wide open world, modern cities, etc? New characters and storylines obviously.

Well it sure as hell would fit well with the English language Geralt "the mumbler" Eastwood being in it..Actually, it would be an outstanding thing to see, better yet, make it a post apocalyptic setting!

...I did love Supernatural...Until they switched from analogue to digital, haven't watched TV since...

All I care for is having sword based combat with magic casting (like it is in Witcher 3). As long as that is in, the setting can be whatever.

All I care for is having sword based combat with magic casting (like it is in Witcher 3). As long as that is in, the setting can be whatever.

You could still have that, but an updated arsenal would be practical for gameplay and setting

---------- Updated at 02:02 AM ----------

At this point you might as well create a new IP, no?

No, because the basics would still be there. Fictionally, the world would still exsist a few centuries in the future. Maybe after a new conjunction a sect of mages or whatever try to swell the decimated witcher ranks in secret. Maybe higher vampires infiltrate higher human government . You could do a lot using the world as groundwork

No, because the basics would still be there. Fictionally, the world would still exsist a few centuries in the future. Maybe after a new conjunction a sect of mages or whatever try to swell the decimated witcher ranks in secret. Maybe higher vampires infiltrate higher human government . You could do a lot using the world as groundwork

Heh, I guess, yeah, but to me, The Witcher wouldn't be The Witcher without it's rich lore, the characters, the monsters, the kingdoms, Geralt... I don't think there is a need to take a medieval setting and remake it as a modern era universe, especially when the series is based off another well established series of books, there is so much Lore already there, forgetting most of it for the sake of changing the setting would be a bit of a waste, not that it wouldn't be interesting, like you said, there is a lot of potential, but I feel like it would be taking the "brand" just for the sake of it, it doesn't have to be The Witcher, which is why I think this could turn into a new IP. But heh, at the end of the day, I wouldn't mind.

Wrong section. This thread should go in General or Community. It's not about TW3.

To answer the question - not really. Unless you'll design "modern day" in the sense of Witcher universe. And that's a far stretch.

I think it would be awesome to make a fictional (Witcher being totally nonfiction! lol) offshoot thats very much a prelude or simply takes place way before the events that Geralt witnesses. The good ol' days of being a Witcher! Like 1000's of years prior to Geralt, since Witchers live a long time, it would have to go back quite a ways. Back when monsters were everywhere and Witchers were abundant, though paid considerably less lol It would give us freedom to create our own witchers, choose our own school and go wonder a world full of monsters and people that need help to rid them. Not to mention there would be monsters that we'd never seen since many became extinct supposedly before we followed Geralts story, plus there would be more plants for alchemy since according to lore the Sun changed and poisoned the world killing off many plants and animals. I could definately see myself playing something like that, on top of the fact the possibilites would be endless as far as which direction we choose to go, total awesomeness. Would be a lot of fun, different yet still very much the world of Witcher! Yahoooooooooo!!!!! (^_ ^ )

-Zero

[SPOILERS] Witcher 4 protagonist?

Who would you like to see as the protagonist in the next Witcher game? ( which has all but been confirmed by CDPR) Personally I really hope it is Eskel and here is why. He is extremely similar to Geralt in many ways. He is really intense, serious and bad-ass. At the same time we see a humorous side to him as well just like Geralt. Like when he is taking part in the drinking game with Geralt and Lambert and the reason he gives for sleeping is with a succubes is that he has a thing for chicks with horns! Lol. It would also fit in perfectly with his ending where he states that he will travel North after the death of Vesimir. From the books we also learn from Triss that despite his facial disfigurement his sexual magnetism is so powerful that it even leaves Geralts in dust. That is why she refuses to make physical contact with him for more then a second as she fears that she may lose all self control around him. I know that most people believe that Ciri will most likely be the protagonist but I really hope she isn't. She's too OP and it would change the dynamics of playing as a witcher too much I think. Some people have stated on other forums that they can nerf her by claiming she lost her powers.....etc but that seems like a cheap change of direction. What do you guys/ladies think?

Can't go wrong with Geralt.

Some people have suggested that you should be able to make your own character. I don't think this will work because it will likely lead to a lack of character development, like in Skyrim. Sure, that was a pretty good game, but did you really care for your character? Don't think so. Geralt has his own personality and idiosyncrasies.

Ciri could be an alternative. I certainly wouldn't mind player as her, but the question will be whether other will will mind playing a female character as the main protagonist? It is an interesting question. There's no doubt that the majority demographic is male, so it's understandable why they would prefer to play a male character (they can relate to male characters more and can "feel" as if they were them). Who knows?

Nobody.

I don't want any additional Witcher game to happen.

But if there will be one Geralt is the only viable option.Without him even the title of the franchise wouldn't make any sense anymore. Ciri is a no-go for me.

Last edited:
Number one choice: Either Ciri or Geralt

Number two choice: Lambert (with Keira as a side-kick)

I just don't want a generic protagonist that we create ourselves. I'll take a well-developed, fleshed-out character even if it means that I can't choose their hair color and height.

I'd play as Ciri or Geralt, no one else. Playing as another witcher would just feel weird. I'd rather have a completely new character.

Nobody.

I don't want any additional Witcher game to happen.

But if there will be one Geralt is the only viable option.Without him even the title of the franchise wouldn't make any sense anymore.

Eh? I don't remember the franchise being titled "Geralt." These games were always free adaptations of Sapkowski's works (I'm quoting him here), and as such, CDPR is free to take whatever liberties they want and create new characters and adventures. I recall you writing in another thread that the main fault of Wild Hunt is that it relied too heavily on the events and characters of the novels. I would think that you would support another game that branches out and doesn't focus on Geralt.

I am for making multiple characters option, but not generic ones. I wish they would go and make characters like Geralt, Letho, Eskel Ciri and create different main storylines for each of them with different outcomes, different motives and whatnot, any when we would start new game we would simply chose one of those characters.

Eh? I don't remember the franchise being titled "Geralt."
It's called "The Witcher" with which Geralt is meant in person. He is THE Witcher. So yes, the franchise is very much only about him...

Everything else is like making the next Tomb Raider about a some new dude instead about Lara Croft. You know, Tomb Raider isn't called Lara Croft neither. But everybody knows who THE Tomb Raider is just like everybody knows who THE Witcher is.

These games were always free adaptations of Sapkowski's works (I'm quoting him here), and as such, CDPR is free to take whatever liberties they want and create new characters and adventures.
Of course they could do that. I don't question that possibility. But that surely doesn't mean that I'd like or support such a decision.

I recall you writing in another thread that the main fault of Wild Hunt is that it relied too heavily on the events and characters of the novels. I would think that you would support another game that branches out and doesn't focus on Geralt.
I actually don't support any further Witcher game beyond TW3. The only even thinkable game for me would be prequel to both games and books that is (obviously) quite seperated from both the stuff that happens in the books AND games (well, because it hasn't happened yet...). But the prequel would of course need to feature Geralt as main char. Without Geralt there is no "the Witcher" franchise.

If they'd make a new protagonist that's also a witcher, it would be the best. Geralt's story has ended, maybe a new witcher who knows who Geralt is and sees him as one of the great witchers would be the best too. Having that, I hope we get another romance plot like Triss, I still want an ending with Triss in TW3 since it's too dull to leave it like that. Even though we had her in the previous games, it's my point as well. Some here have grown to like Triss more than Yen.

Back on the topic; A new story with Geralt in it as a master like Vesimir would be great. Having him as your tutor, it's the best option not to end the series since a world full of monsters that even the soldiers can't handle, witchers would be the answer.

Top Bottom