Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters

Since the third game will wrap up Geralt's story, who do you think should be the main protagonist in future games?

Last edited:
I think they're going to leave the series alone for a long time, maybe indefinitely, which I don't mind at all.
Sometimes it's best to quit while you're ahead.

They said TW3 would be a final game about Geralt, the end of the trilogy. They did not say it would be it for Sapkowski's universe.

I don't want them to completely abandon TW universe after the end of Geralt's story. They can handle two franchises simultaneously. May be in the future they will be able to handle both TW and CP, and develop another one.

They can either pick existing settings like they did with Cyberpunk 2077 (Vampire The Masquerade would be pretty interesting for example), or they can create their own. The second option is of course much harder and they never did it before.

I just want to put this out there.

"We are not killing the world and walking away from it," CEO Marcin Iwinski told Polygon during an E3 demo, "but we will definitely want to make this game the finale in a big way."

It can mean different things. May be they'll make a film or something, or may be animation? They have expertise in the later. They thought they started DRM free revolution for gaming? They can do it for video too ;)

whitewitcher295 said:
Since the third game will wrap up Geralds story, who do you think should be the main protagonist in future games?

whitewitcher295 said:
Since the third game will wrap up Geralds story,

whitewitcher295 said:
Geralds story

whitewitcher295 said:

Agent_Blue

In the early days of Drum'n'Bass, there was a producer that caused quite a stir.
He went by the stage name of

A Guy Called Gerald.

:D

Dreaming about CDPR games based on "The Book of Entirety" or "Hell and épée" both dark fantasy from Feliks W. Kres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feliks_W._Kres

Reod said:
Dreaming about CDPR games based on "The Book of Entirety" or "Hell and épée" both dark fantasy from Feliks W. Kres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feliks_W._Kres

His books sound very intriguing. A world with sentient cats; a world with demons older than Satan. Sadly, not translated into English. Does anybody know whether the Spanish translations are any good?

Duskey said:
As I've said many times before: Get the game rights for Vampire: The Masquerade and do a successor to Bloodlines.

Brilliant
Vampire series completely match their style. a role playing game set in a dark fantasy world.
REDs are you reading this ?!

Another suggestion: buy rights to Harry Turtledove's Videssos cycle (Lost Legion series). One of Julius Caesar's legions (Gallic campaign) is transported to another world. The legion becomes a mercenary unit on a service to the empire very similar to Byzantium. Very light on magic.

vivaxardas said:
Another suggestion: buy rights to Harry Turtledove's Videssos cycle (Lost Legion series). One of Julius Caesar's legions (Gallic campaign) is transported to another world. The legion becomes a mercenary unit on a service to the empire very similar to Byzantium. Very light on magic.
That cycle is more suited to strategy game in my opinion hmm but after thinking about it more this could be also RPG .

@Guy N'wah : vivaxardas write that russian translations are praised ,no information about spanish tho.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the way you guys talk so casually about this grand finale makes me feel like I'm the only one really sad to know that I'll never see Geralt again. :/

Top Bottom