Witcher Gear Reclassed - Opinions?

+
Would like to ask you of your opinions on reclassing Witcher gear.
I always thought that is immersive breaking when armors are classed by type of school instead of how they actually look. So you have GM Cat, light armor and GM Griffin, medium armor - which is bassicaly a knight armor, both that are still classed as lighter than base Bear armor, which is clothed coat and leather chest.
Base Wolf armor is set as medium class, even through its made of shirt and vest, and is supposed to be as movement restricting as final motobiker armor and even more restricting than later versions of cat... Like I dont get it...
I know that is easier for gameplay reasons and playstyles to make one type of school and stick with it, but since we can change it... What are your opinions of which armor should be what type?

Base-Enhanced-Superior-Mastercrafted-Grandmaster, number represents class (1=light, 2=medium, 3=heavy)

Cat 1-1-1-2-2
Wolf 1-1-1-2-2
Griffin 1-1-2-2-3
Bear 1-2-2-3-3
Manticore - Light
Viper - Also light (as in advanced version of Kaer Morhen armor, made from better, lighter materials and such... Also to include light armor for later stages of game, since only light armor Cat would now be medium armor)

This does obviously not includes any rebalancing stats, except for weight maybe, but would be nice with scaling difficulty. Earlier in game you would get light armor with better resistences (bear, quick stamina regen and high defences) but over time you would slowly loose them (medium cat, low defense and lower stamina, but still higher attack)

Thanks for any comments :)

edit: Looking at it, this would also give you 2 light, 2 medium and 2 heavy witcher armors... Seems balanced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom