Witcher senses and your opinion, possible down(up)grade of them

+
I like it more that if Geralt need to buy books and discover for himself how to hunt for specific monsters or creatures. This witcher senses is clearly 'consolization'. This is my opinion.

Hmm.. good stuff OP. Well I don't mind the witcher sense mode, I like it a million times better than TW2 medallion. Waiting for that thing to fill back up just to use it sucked ass. I look at it like this, for all the new players it is perfect as is and I would not change a thing. I know the red highlights for the climbing and animal sounds is kinda silly but I am at peace with it and I can forgive it for what it is. It is simple and to the point, and I am very happy that I can only see these things light up in that mode. I would be more upset if cdpr did it like every other game out there, and just had all that shit glowing without witcher sense mode on. So I give a big thanks for this,
I also like the blur effect it does not bother me because my eyes are focused on what is clear front and center.(Think about it) Hmm...(Thinking) what else(?) Yeah, I feel it is good, and I can tell CDPR has worked real hard on it to meet us new and old players some-where in the middle. Also keep in mind you can still see blood without it on, but it might be harder to see it because it is not glowing bright red. I would imagine tracks will be the same and even harder to see without the witcher sense in some areas such as the swamps. My best advice for the hardcore players is to not use it, but if you get lost and cannot take it anymore at least it is there for you to use. i.e Just tap it on and off real fast just to get that quick sneek peek and you'll be back on track in no time. Yep it's just that simple and don't even tell me it is cheating because Geralt is a master and knows his shit. Least we forget, the red color is fine and it will always be a reminder to the players of CDPROJEKT (RED) TEAM and how awesome they All are for making The Witcher lll Wild Hunt. This is what they stand for, and I for 1 respect their hard work and art all the same.;)

Last edited:
I honestly don't think it seems all that necessary in some situations at least. For example, the Johnny quest, you can clearly see an arrow pointing towards his den on the mini-map, and also an exclamation mark singling out his quest.

Perhaps there are scenarios that require the mechanic, such as broader distances when searching for a beast in a large forest, but even then it looks like markers will be on the map.

I guess it is optional in that regard, which is why I'm not bothered by it. If I can, I'll probably do without. I like having to take time to find your destination, and it'll sure increase the length of the game.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think it seems all that necessary in some situations at least. For example, the Johnny quest, you can clearly see an arrow pointing towards his den on the mini-map, and also an exclamation mark singling out his quest.

I wouldn't base too much on that - there's nothing more embarassing than getting lost in a live demo. If it's optional, they would definitely have turned it on.

I wouldn't base too much on that - there's nothing more embarassing than getting lost in a live demo. If it's optional, they would definitely have turned it on.

Though you'd have thought they at least know their own game world, and practised these quests somewhat before E3. Not to mention, they don't need the map markers if they have the witcher sense.

Sure, if it's optional, I'm not fussed. It's all speculation.

Last edited:
After all they are making this game for themselves to play, and maybe some guys at cdpr want to be surprised too.
Who knows.. but if that's possible, more power to'em.;)

I have no problem with the way the Witcher Senses worked in the E3 demo, I will be using it quite sparingly myself, you could still see the blood from the Griffin quite clearly without the senses. And Geralt is supposed to have really, really keen senses anyway, so even if it seems like it sticks out too much to some people, it's actually quite accurate to the lore.

Witcher Sense mechanics aside. The only thing that stood out for me personally that I really didn't like, was the strong radial blur. I think it's not very immersive, and too distracting. It kind of looked like it was used, for the sake of being used.

I personally think, It would be nice if it was done with a natural feel to it. Such as, he's concentrating, and tuning he's senses for what he's looking for.

After all they are making this game for themselves to play, and maybe some guys at cdpr want to be surprised too.
Who knows.. but if that's possible, more power to'em.;)

In certain respects this will be true, depending on the job title of course. I noticed one interviewer asked how the boundaries of the game are implemented, and they replied that they haven't actually reached the end of the map because the world is so massive and they've not needed to when developing.

delete it completely. sorry but showing you the path is really stupid. but i'd like to see night vision, like in books, but without a potion.

The only thing I would like is if they could reduce the intensity of the sense. In the demo I thought the red trails looked really big.

The thing that needs a major fix is the visuals of Witcher Senses, the effects that highlight footprints and blood is too bright and draws you away from immersion, it seriously needs to be toned down. Instead of a glaring red, a barely visible orange glow would be great, I think the medallion effect of TW2 (even a less visible version) could be a good reference.

Also, a good addition could be a night-vision mode on Witcher Senses, just to give Geralt the ability to see in the dark as in the books (or they could make a separate mode just for that, I'll be satisfied either way).

I hope this feature won't get downgraded. I don't see anything wrong with it. Just give us choice to enable or disable it so everybody is happy.

I hope this feature won't get downgraded. I don't see anything wrong with it. Just give us choice to enable or disable it so everybody is happy.

we can't have options for everything. it would probably require serious work to balance the game both with and without it.
right now two things are possible: 1, this is an integral feature and you can't really play the game without it. 2, it's a gimmick and you barely ever have to use it. if this was true, I don't really see why cdpr would push it down our throats, so I think it's an important mechanic. so the only compromise is that they tone it down a bit. I'd be fine with that.

Top Bottom