Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
Good news people) Lauren S. Hissrich says that Geralt will be a man :lol White, black or gay is unknown:youdontsay: [h=1][/h]

DoubleDealer;n10364052 said:
You guys probably already know this but Lauren S. Hissrich is writing the script for the Witcher TV Show. She recently said she finished writing the pilot episode. She seems really passionate about the project too.

Here's her Twitter page https://twitter.com/lhissrich

She is kinda awesome. She definitely read The Witcher books and has a nice sense of humour. Seems like good news

It'l suck tho. Netflix should have done what it did with Dark and have a completely European production work on the show.

We need a Game of thrones for gamers! You know, so we can be like (when a familiar face shows up) be like oooooh its *insert game character*!!! I mean, come on! Can't wait to watch it though!

What happened to Baginski? Wasn't he behind the entire effort to bring The Witcher to the screen? It looks like he was cast aside by everyone from him own project.

And don't say that he's going to direct 1 episode from the series, its not enough.

yayodeanno.831;n10377422 said:
It'l suck tho. Netflix should have done what it did with Dark and have a completely European production work on the show.

Not knocking it for it, but reading the premise section on wikipedia and looking at that poster, the show is probably rife with masonic symbolism. That poster alone contains the square and compass in it, and the premise says that a character's father commited suicide "33" years ago.

That's actually what I like about The Witcher, and what I hope the series on Netflix will continue to show. The fact The Witcher deals with the Occult, but in a sort of neutral, non judgmental way.

Irae0;n10922435 said:
What happened to Baginski? Wasn't he behind the entire effort to bring The Witcher to the screen? It looks like he was cast aside by everyone from him own project.

And don't say that he's going to direct 1 episode from the series, its not enough.

There's been some restructuring I'm sure, but he's still involved. Lauren went to Poland to meet with both him and Sapkowski.

Lauren S. Hissrich‏ @LHissrich "There’s been a lot said this week. Big things, about race and gender and talent and me. Some people are convinced I’m going to destroy something they love. Others are worried that I’m going to stop doing what I’m doing because of all the haters. I’m not going anywhere."

woooooooooooo

So nervous because of the casting. Hope they get a good actor for Geralt and don't make us be disappointed.

So nervous because of the casting. Hope they get a good actor for Geralt and don't make us be disappointed.

Yeah me too!
I wonder if they will get someone closer to game!Geralt or book!Geralt, since by the Witcher 3, Geralt doesn't really look like the book describes him (at least to me) but I like how he looks in the game so I didn't mind. If the show decides to base Geralt's appearance from the book then there might be a lot of video game only fans who are confused as to why Geralt doesn't look like the TW3 beefcake :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EDIT:
To add, my casting choice for Yennefer is Janet Montgomery. She is beautiful and a really talented actress. She plays Mary Sibley in the horror/drama Salem that is about a witch, and from that I can see she'd do a great job with Yennefer's character.

She's perfect! :love:

Yeah me too!
I wonder if they will get someone closer to game!Geralt or book!Geralt, since by the Witcher 3, Geralt doesn't really look like the book describes him (at least to me) but I like how he looks in the game so I didn't mind. If the show decides to base Geralt's appearance from the book then there might be a lot of video game only fans who are confused as to why Geralt doesn't look like the TW3 beefcake :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EDIT:
To add, my casting choice for Yennefer is Janet Montgomery. She is beautiful and a really talented actress. She plays Mary Sibley in the horror/drama Salem that is about a witch, and from that I can see she'd do a great job with Yennefer's character.

She's perfect! :love:
I have read that their Geralt will be based on the third game design. Maybe they meant that they will have his swords parallel at his back or that he will have low half ponytail, eventhough the more similar he looks the more happy I will be because I love game appearance. And yeahh, I would also be pleased if she ends up performing Yen, but I prefer Eva Green rather than anybody since I am in love with her since PENNY DREADFUL.

I have read that their Geralt will be based on the third game design. Maybe they meant that they will have his swords parallel at his back or that he will have low half ponytail, eventhough the more similar he looks the more happy I will be because I love game appearance. And yeahh, I would also be pleased if she ends up performing Yen, but I prefer Eva Green rather than anybody since I am in love with her since PENNY DREADFUL.

I didn't heard about the game Geralt thing in Netflix. But I think they mean they will give Geralt a beard and a more handsome appearance...

I didn't heard about the game Geralt thing in Netflix. But I think they mean they will give Geralt a beard and a more handsome appearance...
Witcher 2 Geralt is kind of handsome too. I don't understand why they changed his face, beard though is a good improvement.

Top Bottom