Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
I'm thinking, for Geralt, Travis Femmel from Vikings....or the old stand by of Vigo Mortenson. Vigo is the right looking one age-wise. I'm wondering who they would cast for Dijkstra. Dijkstra, in the books is close to 7 feet tall.....Jason Mamoa, maybe?

Travis Fimmel is a good option, he's comfortable in that sort of setting and shown he can act too. I'd say Daniel Day-Lewis and Vigo Mortensen are optimal, but not sure if DDL even acts anymore. :( Last movie I remember him from was There Will Be Blood.

Travis Fimmel is a good option, he's comfortable in that sort of setting and shown he can act too. I'd say Daniel Day-Lewis and Vigo Mortensen are optimal, but not sure if DDL even acts anymore. :( Last movie I remember him from was There Will Be Blood.

DDL was last in Lincoln. Got another Academy Award for it. Though I don't think he has the right look for it. Both Travis and Vigo has the look for Geralt. I kinda trust Lauren S. Hissrich to get the look of Geralt right. Since she was involved with Daredevil, she knows what a "correct for character" looks like. Charlie Cox has the look of Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Though IDK what the 3rd season of Daredevil will be like since she left and took a couple of writers with her.

Last edited:
That's right, forgot that one. When I read Last Wish, I thought of Bill the Butcher before Strider. He's also a very method actor, I think with makeup he'd be good. Right height, build, but Vigo's good too. Not sure either would want it though.

Yes, he's a method actor. Most of the time it's better to have a character actor. Most character actors REALLY get into the mindset of the character they are playing. Think of Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison, reports say that he was so much in the mindset of Morrison, that he went a little crazy. That is what is best about character actors, they will look at their subject from every possible aspect. Physically and Mentally.

Most Comedic and Dramatic actors are Method actors, while most Action/Suspense/Horror actors are Character actors.

If they're smart, they'll use somebody who can be Geralt, who's had some experience acting in medieval or fantasy movies, not just the latest big name.

If they're smart, they'll use somebody who can be Geralt, who's had some experience acting in medieval or fantasy movies, not just the latest big name.

Travis could be cheap to get. I didn't realize the he was Patric Swayze's cop partner for the TV show The Beast. But he's also used to Witcher type action. Being the main character Anduin Lothar in Warcraft. Yeah, I'm campaigning for Travis, he was just that good in Vikings.
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah, and Karen Gillan for Triss

Last edited:
I was thinking of particular cast. Although it is expensive, but here goes nothing:

-Michael Fassbender as Geralt
-Kirsten Dunst or Dominique Swain as Triss
-Evangeline Lilly or Emily Blunt as Yennefer
-Margot Robbie or Cara Delvingne as Cirilla (I prefer that pronunciation)
-James Mcavoy as Jaskier (Dandelion)
-Jeremy Irons as Regis
-Mark Strong or Hugo Weaving as Emhyr

Last edited:
Pretty good cast. I can't wait to see the sets, and dwarves after makeup. Years back, that's what I was a nerd for lotr docs and commentary.

Beckham is the man you need for Olgierd. I know he isn't an actor but still...

be25c638808075cf9b54c10c0bad4208.jpg

Can't watch the show now, or anything else on Netflix for that matter. Netflix announced that it will be adding commercials(advertisements) to the shows. What's the point of watching a streaming service if it's now going to be like regular network television?

No matter what anyone says, they are not going to change it. I record shows so I can skip over the commercials, with Netflix doing this, you can't record the show to skip commercials or fast forward while watching the shows on Netflix. This is bullshit.

What the fuck?

Ratings and Because you watched are enough. Nobody needs help finding shows.

It would be amazing if in the Netflix series about The Witcher it would be Polish Dubbing with the same voice as in The Witcher 3 in the Polish version.

It would be amazing if in the Netflix series about The Witcher it would be Polish Dubbing with the same voice as in The Witcher 3 in the Polish version.

I would love to have Doug Cockle doing the voice of Geralt. It's going to be difficult to hear another man doing Geralt's voice in live action. I would have been happier if they would have made this as a CG series instead so everyone across the world would have gotten their game version voices that they are used to.

Jamie Barbakof has to be the sweetest voice for Triss. Though if she is a British actress (because she is listed as a English Actor, and is very private about her personal life), IDK why she did the voice with an American accent, it doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom