Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
A lot of returning characters have American accents. All the witchers do. Its less grating than some english accents, but that's up to preference I guess.

Didn't really have high hopes for this (and I still don't) because it's Netflix, but casting a big-name actor such as Cavill definitely gets my attention since it shows they're serious about the series.

Hopefully it turns out well.

Henry has the looks, but his acting is eh. Granted, witchers don't need much range. Still, it gives me hope that they're taking it rather seriously.

Yeah, we'll see if he's any good.

Somebody with experience and the right build would have been for the best, but allegedly he likes the books so there's that.

You know they chose a hot name simply to hype this up.

Are you one of 'these people' that judge his acting skills solely by his performance in DC movies? Have you watched 'The Tudors', for instance?
Actually, his acting in DC movies is on the better side of his abilities. He was decent in UNCLE. His acting is shit in Fallout. I haven't seen Tudors.

Yeah, forgive me for being one of those people too. His imdb isn't impressive, I guess I don't keep up enough. Was he a monster-slaying, genetic aberration in Twodoors? That might help your case.

Soooo, what do you say about Cavill as Geralt in Netflix series?

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6273...es-witcher-3-considers-role-geralt/index.html

https://www.pcgamer.com/henry-cavill-will-play-geralt-in-netflixs-witcher-series/

Personaly, I like the actor, but I just don't see it really... He is too "smooth-faced" and way too much buffed, I still see him as Superman. But I really hope I will be mistaken in the end..

Cavill as Geralt small.png

The-Witcher-Henry-Cavill.jpg

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Cirilla Fiona Elen Rihanna :ROFLMAO:
Oh well, I wont pretend like I had high hopes for the show ever since it's been revealed that Sapko wont be working closely with showrunners as I imagined, but this effectively puts an end to what little of it remained...
Hopefully, the backlash won't be directed at whoever gets the role (even though it's like wishing for people to refrain from pissing in the public pool).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom