Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
Ciri is white. Thank f***. Yen actress looks a bit too young, but we will see. The rest look good.

...Fringilla is black now, though, so Anna Henrietta is probably too, if they stick to lore.

As for Yen... I don't see it yet. The actress is indian, and looks way too young and bland. Ciri and Callanthe are spont on, though.

Where do people get this? We haven't seen Fringilla casting yet, at least it's not revealed.

In the article by Hollywood Reporter the black actress is billed as "novice sorceress". Fringilla is clearly not novice.

Quote:
Rounding out the cast are Jodhi May (Game of Thrones, Genius) as Queen Calanthe; Bjorn Hlynur Haraldsson (Fortitude) as her husband, the knight Eist; Adam Levy (Knightfall, Snatch) as the druid Mousesack; MyAnna Buring as the head of the magical academy at Aretuza, Tissaia; Mimi Ndiweni and Therica Wilson-Read as novice sorcerers; and Millie Brady as the outcast Princess Renfri.

Where do people get this? We haven't seen Fringilla casting yet, at least it's not revealed.

In the article by Hollywood Reporter the black actress is billed as "novice sorceress". Fringilla is clearly not novice.

Quote:
Apparent press release from Netflix... indeed, Fringilla seams to be one of said "novices". It's possible they just reused a familiar name for a new character because they have no intention of using the actual Fringilla in the series, of course.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...f-ciri-and-yennefer-345015/20181010netflix05/

Last edited:
Last I checked there were no black people in the Witcher verse. If they wanted to introduce a minority culture there are many creative and valid ways to do it, but that would of course take genuine effort.

Until now there is not one hot women in the cast and Yen is to young also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until now there is not one hot women in the cast and Yen is to young also.

True... I mean, especially socreresses are supposed to be (literally) supernaturally beautiful - close to perfect, in Yens case - and styling can only do so much.

I dunno, since they announced the change of protagonist to Ciri, I was beginning to be sceptical of the show, and the casting reveal hasn't really eleviated that... I mean, Renfri is in, so they'll at least do the "Lesser Evil", which is a pure Geralt story, but I still am not convinced Netflix will not "Game of Thrones" this thing in some way, focusing too much on the royal cort of Cintra and Nilfgaard, and not enough on the actual namesake of the show...

Indian Yennefer and black Fringilla?
Good I guess I know where not to spend my money on.
Looking forward for this to bomb hard.

Guest 3847602

Wow, a bunch of ideologues do exactly what bunch of ideologues does. What a shock... :LOL:

Guest 3847602

Apparently, cultural appropriation is only bad when the wrong people do it...

Well, you can't possibly expect a group of 10 or so writers to bother with creating original character with believable backstory for the sake of their precious representation.
Nay, those"insightful" tweets about current political events aren't gonna write themselves...

I'm not too concerned about Fringilla. Yes it would have been nice to have accurate representation, but they were always going to push BAME actors in to the show despite what Hissrich said about keeping her political agenda out of it, that was never an honest statement. I just hoped the top 3 would be true to character because they are the story. A baby faced Indian as Yen just doesn't cut it for me.

Extremely Disappointed.

Im callin it guys, it's going to SUCK! If people are expecting this to be a GoT they are going to be very disappointed.

Moderator: All right, everybody, judging from the last few posts, it's time to tone it down a bit. Please, keep this topic friendly and respectful.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Witcher series cast is so disappointing?
Yennefer can't be interpreted by a child without boobs. 😁
Come on.
Too much disappointing for me for all the cast.

Top Bottom