Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
What's the problem with Triss?
That...
5bd9e6cce1f57.jpeg

I have to disagree -- I think this is a brilliant look for Triss. She'll look stunning with red hair.

I just watched the Geralt costume / make-up footage, and if anything, I feel like it's a little too...predictable. Not bad, but nothing really hooked me about the style. Early stages, though. We'll have to see where they take it.

I have to disagree -- I think this is a brilliant look for Triss. She'll look stunning with red hair.

I just watched the Geralt costume / make-up footage, and if anything, I feel like it's a little too...predictable. Not bad, but nothing really hooked me about the style. Early stages, though. We'll have to see where they take it.
Well, it could work. Didn't she hex Ronald Weasley into falling in love with her? So she's got that aspect of Triss covered.

Maybe they should re-cast Rupert Grint as Geralt. Although the way this casting logic has gone, they'll probably end up casting him as Dandelion or something.

I doubt it's early stages, though. If they decided to reveal it, it's most likely the final thing.

Can't see any problems here.
She even have some freckles like game version. Change hair color and she's fine.
Meh... the eyecolor is wrong, she doesn't look young enough, I dunno, kinda not feeling it. Actually, she would a better Yen... when she's not smiling.

The Triss from the books does not even has red hair like in the games, she has chestnut brown hair.

But for me, Cavills hair is a bit too long. If it would get shortened, it would not look so much legolaslike I think.
If Geralt would have such long hair he would not see anything while fighting, jumping and spinning around. :LOL:
And I still miss those scars and fighting marks.

I don't see a problem with any casting desicions... but when I read all the names of the characters that are casted I am a bit scared that... do they really want to put the short stories and novels in one season? This sounds kinda impossible. Or just with maaaaaaany cuts.

Or they change the order of the stories... but. I don't know about that. Just a bit scared...

Can't see any problems here.
She even have some freckles like game version. Change hair color and she's fine.

not that I'd want her to look exactly that way, but picture above shows that we potentially have much better Triss than Yennefer.
I dig it.

Acting in her case is bigger concern, tbh, than her looks. Also, rip her thin waist - Triss' pride. The actress is rather voluptuous. :)

I would like if they gave Cavill a beard or a stubble and maybe some scars. The scars doesn't have to be in the same placement or shape as the game, in fact I would like if that was the case as it would help to differenciate his look so we could have a different look for book, game and TV, each with it's own spin on Geralt. Think it would be much more interesting to have a new unique look for Geralt (by minor details obviously) than a poorly attempt to recreate past looks. Whatever suits Cavill better.

He doesn't even have to start that way. He could start beardless and long haired but gain the beard and/or scars and a new haircut after a major event/battle like Breaking Bad did with Walter White. It would even be a good way to show progression on his character over the course of the series and to associate look with season (I think Vikings and TWD with Rick did this too). If you're gonna make a TV series and want it to be succesful what is not a better place to look than into a TV series regarded as one of the best in history.

To be frank I didn't read the books yet but I know it won't be a 100% faithful adaption as they are already changing some things and from what i've heard it was just a minor line of dialogue. So a minor change that won't matter besides aesthetically and won't affect the narrative shouldn't be much of a problem.

Another thing I would like is if they made his eyebrows actually white and gave him cat eyes. I don't understand why his hair is white but his eyebrows aren't. The mutations supposedly affected all hair pigments of his body. In W3 worked but I would like if they made it more realistic this time. This and the cat eyes would help Cavill become a little less handsome (not necessarily ugly) too and look more like a mutant.

Last edited:
Cast overall looks satisfying. Production quality, based on the Cavill demo, is rather shit, so hopefully writing, directing and acting will compensate.

They revealed looks like almost entire cast. But there's no Emhyr so far. Are they keeping his human looks a secret due to the character's curse?

Cavill's first impression seems just "meh" so far. I still think he can make a good "witcher" if they pay attention to details and the facial expression, overall posture etc. I hope he played the game though. He has to really know and understand Geralt to play him well enough.

Cavill's first impression seems just "meh" so far. I still think he can make a good "witcher" if they pay attention to details and the facial expression, overall posture etc. I hope he played the game though. He has to really know and understand Geralt to play him well enough.
Don't know if he played the games as well, but since the series is not based on the games instead of the books - I have read somewhere, that he has read the books and is a fan himself.
So it could have been much worse with someone who doesn't even know anything about the lore than just the script from the series writers.

So, I'm jumping right in. I have no idea what's been said here previously and I apologise for being late to the discussion. Still, I'll try to catch up.

Just adding my two orens.

Henry Cavill being announced as Geralt of Rivia. Yeah...
I had to let it marinate for some time. Letting it sink in.
Hmm, Cavill is a great actor. Just not what I pictured. Not at all. Not at all.
Looks for me is not a problem. The creators can read the books and take a look at the games. Copy that look.

No for me it's the acting and being able to move like Geralt does.

Here is what I picture would be an excellent Geralt, and I pictured it almost ten years ago:

I heard of the Witcher for the very first time in 2009 when I bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.
The game introduced me to Sapkowski's wonderful books.
In the books, reading how Geralt fought, and seeing how he moved in the games, always brought me back to this scene in Hellboy 2.
Sure, the hair helped. ;)
I'm just saying that, to me, this scene was memorable as hell.
I mean, jeez, look at those moves!
I always thought that if future creators of a Witcher movie, or in this case the series, take one ounce of this I'll be very happy indeed. :giggle:

Now, on to Henry Cavill. Fighting. Hmm. Like he does in this scene?

Sorry, that's all I could think of. Sure, he's playing a character here. A very rough strong chap to be sure. Agile and acrobatic he is not, however.
The most intense thing he does in this scene is taking his suit jacket off and putting his fists up. :cool:

Can Cavill bring moves to The Witcher like the ones Luke Goss did in Hellboy 2? Or indeed moves of the kind Geralt uses in the books? Dodges, pirouettes, ripostes, twirls and evasions? Well, that remains to be seen. And I'll gladly see him succeed.

Last edited:
What short story from the first two Witcher novels are you most excited to see adapted in the Netflix Witcher production? For me, it is the 'A question of price', the only story featuring calanthe and pavetta, Ciri's grandmother and mother. The tense mystery gradually unfolding during a boisterous feast would be amazing on the screen if done well.

Will the story portrayed in the netflix adaptation considered canon?
Just wondering.

Whatever those writers put will be taken into account by CDPR for future games (If there are)? Or they will most likely act like if it didnt exist?

I’d say, The Netflix series won’t change anything, as it is based on the books. Even if they might change some things, it won’t change the canon.

Top Bottom