Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
I hope it's as good as these trailer make it look and it's well received to get us more seasons. I'm liking it so far. 10 more days.

Those actually give me some hope. Henry looks pretty badass doped up on potions. Production values are clearly high. I guess they're avoiding the whole cat eye business.

Looks really good. And sounds like season 1 will be a mashup as the Last Wish and the Sword of Destiny. That's perfect and I'm going to repost my wishlist of stories to be included.
If I were doing it ... first season would be structured like "the last wish" but consist of material from both The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny where most episodes begin as Geralt talking to people in Nennekke's temple as he heals from the wounds in "The Witcher." 13 Episodes for netflix correct?

1. The Witcher
2. The Voice of Reason (part)
3. The Lesser Evil
4. The Last Wish
5. Yen - Triss - Geralt love triangle. This incident is only referenced in the books ... but clearly happened and is important to the story so I think should be included.
6. The Bounds of Reason
7. A Shard of Ice
8. The Eternal Flame
9. A Little Sacrifice
10. A Question of Price
11. The Sword of Destiny (part 1)
12. The Sword of Destiny (part 2)
13. Something More

Could probably be tweaked a bit here or there, but these are the stories that are foundational to what comes later.

EDIT: Also, most of the scenes in the trailer or character features I can recognize from the books. But not this one:
1575925896939.png

No idea what this is from, but Yen and Triss running through the desert carrying a baby and fighting Startroopers bugs? Sign me up!

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Rawls Do you really think it will be one short story per episode? I think it will be more like half of season 1 is short stories, while the other half is book 1 of the saga.

I really wish they adapted 'Bounds of Reason', its my favourite short story of all time, but i havent seen anything from it in the trailers... maybe in season 2?

@Rawls Do you really think it will be one short story per episode? I think it will be more like half of season 1 is short stories, while the other half is book 1 of the saga.

I really wish they adapted 'Bounds of Reason', its my favourite short story of all time, but i havent seen anything from it in the trailers... maybe in season 2?
I think it could go either way, but there's enough short story material (two full collections) to make into a 13 episode series. I even cut out a few stories. So I feel like that's most likely. Also, I think Geralt and Ciri finally uniting at the end of the journey is the most logical character arcs for them in Season 1. The theme of resisting but then embracing destiny. It's there though the Geralt-Ciri storyline and the Geralt-Yen storyline. If they're smart they'll keep the story focused around those three characters. But that's just my opinion.

They must be showing some back story for Yennefer, I don't recognize this scene from the books either.
SmartSelect_20191210-083514_YouTube.jpg
Kalis is apparently the mother of Queen Meve, so they are evidently showing at least some events from before the books.

Watching the trailers you can think that it's not the story about the Geralt or Ciri but about Yen "rise to power".

It probably would make sense to use one book per season, so first season will be The Last Wish, possibly with Sword of Destiny?
The feature with Ciri clearly talks about stuff that happens in the Sword of Destiny. Also I definitely agree they are going to focus on Yen's backstory. They have several scenes of her before she became a sorceress in her feature.

Last edited:
Triss actress' has her hair actually painted reddish for the role (as seen on leaked images and her Instagram), but it seems that the series' lightning filters break the colors when it's dark
Post automatically merged:

They must be showing some back story for Yennefer, I don't recognize this scene from the books either.
SmartSelect_20191210-083514_YouTube.jpg
Yeah, that one's King Virfuril, Demawend's father
Post automatically merged:

As for Triss' actress, here's her hair:
Screenshot_2019-12-10-14-19-58-1.png

Last edited:
Apparently it's only eight episodes.

1. "The End's Beginning"- According to the Witcher Wiki, this one will be based on "The Lesser Evil" which makes sense as it serves as a good intro to Geralt.

2. "Four Marks" - Yen's backstory I think. In one of the features, this is the amount her father sells her for. According to wiki it will also involve Geralt's first adventure with Dandelion in "The Edge of the World"

3. "Betrayer Moon" - According to Witcher Wiki this one will be based on the short story "The Witcher."

4. "Of Banquets, Bastards and Burials" - "A Question of Price" + Ciri's youthful backstory? This would be since she lives a pampered life with huge banquets, Ciri is technically an bastard as Duny and Pavetta are not married at the time of her conception. And Burial could be a reference to Duny and Pavetta's supposed death at sea.

5. "Bottled Appetites" - Bottle = Djinn, Appetites = Yen and Geralt's amorous encounters. So "the Last Wish"

6. "Rare Species" - Probably a reference to a Golden Dragon and therefore revolved around "the Bounds of Reason."

7. "Before a Fall" - According to the Wiki, this one will be based on "The Sword of Destiny"

8. "Much More" - Title almost assuredly alludes to "Something More," the last story in A Sword of Destiny. Also claimed to be the case on Wiki.

These are probably the most essential stories as to understanding Geralt, Ciri, Yen and Dandelion. So it make's sense. Also ends with a War, and Ciri and Geralt uniting, so there will be a good climax. I wonder where Triss fits in? Maybe Betrayer Moon since that's in Temeria.

Last edited:
Top Bottom