Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
Not as folk (i.e. "slavic sounding") as I would've liked it to be but it's unarguably still a pretty great song :giggle: The music and the casting of Dandelion are some of my favorite things of what little we've seen/heard of the show so far :smart:
I quite like it, it's nice! The structure is interesting though- Instrumentally it sounds mostly renaissance-esque, with some slight modern tunes and flavouring, but oddly it seems to be structured less like a song that a minstrel would make, and more like a modern pop song. I also noticed that with the Geralt of Rivia track, there seem to be some synth drones and occasional metal riffs. It's quite a nice sound, but I wonder how well it will fit with a fantasy setting such as The Witcher. Regardless, I still enjoy it, though I personally prefer Marcin Przybyłowicz's work, myself. Looking forward to the series for sure though.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
I will give it a shot but I don't have high expectations.
Cavill seems passionate and devoted to the Witcher.

On the down side, the actress who plays Yennefer seems too young for the role.
The actress who plays Triss looks nothing like her and is noticeably older than Yennefer.
Also, people who green-lighted the infamous "scrotum armor" as an acceptable costume do not inspire confidence.

Last edited:
Reserving judgement as well. I'm not particularly concerned with the appearance of the actors. As long as they can act and appropriately capture the roles. The "scrotum armor" is a real problem though :). I'd say the dudes in plate getting cut down like they're naked in the trailer need to have a chat with whomever makes their armor too.

There was no way the Netflix guys would ever get away from CDPR's vision. Of course they looked at all of it.

Friends, you know nothing. Everything has a hidden meaning here and nothing is what you think. Exploring the secrets of this masterpiece of world cinematography is impossible to comprehend by our minds too attached to witcher books or games. Look at these bamboo spears so bravely carried by dryads. Do you know what these spears mean? They meet the vital needs of all galactic universes, not just The Witcher Universum. These are spears on the scale of Netflix. Do you know what they do with these spears? They open the eyes of unbelievers in the almighty Netflix . Look - they say - these are ours, made by us and this is not our last word.
driady.jpg
driady.jpg

Last edited:

On the down side, the actress who plays Yennefer seems too young for the role.
The actress who plays Triss looks nothing like her and is noticeably older than Yennefer.

I guess, you are speaking about Triss and Yennefer in the games. But the series is based on the books. According to my memory the choice of the actresses is not bad. But anyway it is much more important, how they play and how the series implements the books in another medium. Let's wait and see ...

I guess, you are speaking about Triss and Yennefer in the games. But the series is based on the books. According to my memory the choice of the actresses is not bad. But anyway it is much more important, how they play and how the series implements the books in another medium. Let's wait and see ...
While still looking young and beautiful thanks to magic Yennefer is about 90 years old in the books.
Picking a 23 year old actress that may pass for even younger is a questionable choice.
She fills the "older sister" role for Triss, but that will seem weird in the show considering that actress that plays Triss is noticeably older than Yen.
The age gap between her and Cavill also seems a tad weird.

These are not dealbreakers, but are valid issues that could have been adressed in casting, but they just rolled with it.

While still looking young and beautiful thanks to magic Yennefer is about 90 years old in the books.
Picking a 23 year old actress that may pass for even younger is a questionable choice.
Practically speaking, easier to get a 23 year old to act like they're 90 than a 90 year old to look like they're 23. And Yen does look very young, even if she is older.

She fills the "older sister" role for Triss, but that will seem weird in the show considering that actress that plays Triss is noticeably older than Yen.
They're both older than they look. If one chooses to look 33 and the other 23, it doesn't have to impact the relationship. Looks aren't so important when you can change them at a whim.

I haven't seen Anya Chalotra in anything yet, but while browsing videos about the series I've run across many people commenting that she was very good in previous parts she played. If you have concerns that she looks too young for the part, it might be best to take a "wait and see" approach and see if your opinion changes after watching a couple episodes.

It may be that she was cast in the Witcher because she had the best audition for the part. Acting ability is always more important than appearance when casting, or at least it should be.

Also, people who green-lighted the infamous "scrotum armor" as an acceptable costume do not inspire confidence.

So that's actually a thing? I thought it was some kind of placeholder. Then again, i suppose it shouldn't surprise me.

Top Bottom