Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
I think I remember Lauren saying she already has a plan for 8 seasons laid out in her head.

But yeah, Season 2 already in the works, shooting starts in February.

I very much believe they will... But I really hope they manage to make the Netflix series as incredible as the game and book series, because I really don't want a netflix adaptation to ruin my 'childhood' game series...

I very much believe they will... But I really hope they manage to make the Netflix series as incredible as the game and book series, because I really don't want a netflix adaptation to ruin my 'childhood' game series...
Have you seen the Polish tv series? What did you think of that? (I have seen it, it wasn't that great but it wasn't the worst thing televised either as some describe it)

I think I remember Lauren saying she already has a plan for 8 seasons laid out in her head.

But yeah, Season 2 already in the works, shooting starts in February.
8 seasons on Netflix? Hah, nope. Most shows on streaming networks don't even get renewed for a 4th season.

8 seasons on Netflix? Hah, nope. Most shows on streaming networks don't even get renewed for a 4th season.

Are any of them are based on books that have many parts? Streaming or not, the number of seasons usually depends on the story line. If it allows more, why not make them? Filler episodes and stretching however is not a good thing.

Are any of them are based on books that have many parts?

Not sure if The Expanse counts. It's not on Netflix but it is on Amazon Prime Video now (since Syfy thought it was smart to drop it after S3). It is based on books. I've only read the first three books and the show, while not perfect, does them justice. S4 was enjoyable but felt too short. Maybe because I binge watched it.... I believe it's already renewed for S5.

In terms of Netflix.... It's hit or miss in my experience. There is some decent stuff if you look hard enough. I'm not entirely sure how many of those shows are based on books though. There is also a lot of junk on it. The claim shows routinely get cancelled on Netflix before S4 isn't far off the mark.

I'm pretty much in pure online stream mode at the moment. I kicked DTV to the curb because, like most "traditional" TV services the prices are absurd. Ended up swapping to unlimited data for internet, Youtube TV and a few streaming services. Of course, I don't know if they honor the unlimited data because I haven't checked to see if they're doing any throttling :) (data caps are bullshit anyway, #fukyouISPs).

It depends on the series. Look at Mad Men, The Suits, Peaky Blinders etc. So it's possible. + it's not like 8 seasons are confirmed, it's just how she imagines it right now.

It depends on the series. Look at Mad Men, The Suits, Peaky Blinders etc. So it's possible. + it's not like 8 seasons are confirmed, it's just how she imagines it right now.
those are all cable network shows in no way produced by either streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, Youtube Red and so on. Typically, streaming networks cut the funds to one of their shows after a few seasons. They're pretty much like the FOX of networks.

Netflix is known to cancel shows after (they have produced) two or three seasons. As I understand it, this is because new shows motivate new subscriptions, making it more profitable to focus on producing new content, than funding content viewed only by people that already have subscriptions.

Have you seen the Polish tv series? What did you think of that? (I have seen it, it wasn't that great but it wasn't the worst thing televised either as some describe it)
No, I have not but have heard about it did they really stick away from the book lore that much??

So...I've decided to watch the series. I could have gone either way to be honest. I have tried not to think too much about it..but I can't say I'm feeling anything but dread and fear it won't hold up to certain...expectations. The games are so good, and they led me to Sapkowski's books, so I know I must give it a chance. Still. :think:

I am going to see it with my best friend. Thing is, he has not read the books(I suspect he never will) nor has he played the games, yet he owns all three of them. I honestly don't know how I will react to the series, but learning of his first(and very unbiased) impressions of The Witcher will be even more interesting. Perhaps even more interesting than the actual series.

Oh well. :coolstory:

Top Bottom