Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
I'll continue to watch the Witcher TV series for shits and giggles, but this is a major misfire as an adaptation.
On the initial watch it hit me as kinda watchable, but maybe that's because my expectations were astronomically low and Cavill and Batey actually brought their A game. But the more I sit and think about it the more it rubs me the wrong way, I can't even imagine the self-inserting BS that will crop up in S2 now that Hisrich tested the waters and the show was a mainstream success.

On the initial watch it hit me as kinda watchable, but maybe that's because my expectations were astronomically low and Cavill and Batey actually brought their A game. But the more I sit and think about it the more it rubs me the wrong way, I can't even imagine the self-inserting BS that will crop up in S2 now that Hisrich tested the waters and the show was a mainstream success.
I liked Chalotra, Allan and Batey, but absolutely hated Cavill as Geralt. His "smell the fart" school of acting was grating. He's good in action scenes, but once he opens his mouth I want to run in the opposite direction from the TV.

Still, my biggest issue is what thy're doing with the story. Especially how they separated Geralt and Ciri and how they screwed up their reunion.

Sapkowski was obviously hurting for money considering how he went after CDPR after so many years. So wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
The day someone records him saying his true thoughts about the Netflix bastardization & Hissrich/Flix try to do damage control will be glorious. That being said, I sometimes think CDPR shoulda given him more money, tho I also realize that it might not have been able to bc they didn't know that W3 would be far bigger than W2.
Post automatically merged:

His "smell the fart" school of acting was grating. He's good in action scenes, but once he opens his mouth I want to run in the opposite direction from the TV.

His face as Geralt looks like that of a woman too. Not to mention that Geralt's voice sounds like crap w/ a British accent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom