Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Andrzej talks about the Witcher movie. Notice that when he mentions the russians he is referring to the movie adaptations of Segei Lukyanenko's novels The Night Watch and The Day Watch by director Timur Bekmambetov.
[video]https://youtu.be/IF8e2Km56Tk?t=47m30s[/video]

I'm not well updated and the pages before this confused me a little, is this movie filmed with real people like a normal film or in the style of the cinematic trailers we have seen so far?

@Tutux as I realized this movie will be filmed with real actors not animated characters although the details of the casting are not published yet. I believe that many of you have already seen this short film - The Witcher 3: The Sorceress of Vengerberg directed by Nick Acott and Gary Sullicon but I will post it anyway:

---------- Updated at 06:29 PM ----------

@yayodeanno.831 thank you so much for this awesome post, I enjoy watching it!

Wow amazing. I thought it was like the cinematic trailers. Can't wait to know the cast, it stresses me now not knowing who will play Geralt, he's a tough character.
I've seen the video hope they really get the atmosphere done right. Is there any title for the film? I want to find more about it since it's with real actors.

Wow amazing. I thought it was like the cinematic trailers. Can't wait to know the cast, it stresses me now not knowing who will play Geralt, he's a tough character.
I've seen the video hope they really get the atmosphere done right. Is there any title for the film? I want to find more about it since it's with real actors.

If they can get the atmosphere like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4rR-OsTNCg then all will be well.

Now thinking of the potential of the film and what they are going to base it on, same storyline as in the books or original and new story like in the games.

Movie will be based on short stories "Witcher", "Lesser Evil" and a little bit of "Voice of reason"

Nothing specific. Few months ago Bagiński said that if everything goes according to plan they will announce cast in the spring, and start shooting this year so movie could premiere in 2017. Technically, summer begins 21 June, so who knows...

Speaking about Mikkelsen - it's unlikely (he's 50 now, and if this movie will be successful, they want to create a whole serie.. Here's excerpt from polish interview with Bagiński:

"Is there a chance to cast class actors like Michael Fassbender?

- Financially it achievable, for the actors - interesting because we have conceived and well-written character of Geralt, but also Renfli or Stregobor. Every agent in town will read a script from our producers.. The problem is the age: most of the actors, which we think are people in their fifties and our witcher must be very physically fit."

If you interesed, here you have a different interview with Bagiński with English subtitles, where he speaks about Witcher movie

Nothing specific. Few months ago Bagiński said that if everything goes according to plan they will announce cast in the spring, and start shooting this year so movie could premiere in 2017. Technically, summer begins 21 June, so who knows...

Speaking about Mikkelsen - it's unlikely (he's 50 now, and if this movie will be successful, they want to create a whole serie.. Here's excerpt from polish interview with Bagiński:

"Is there a chance to cast class actors like Michael Fassbender?

- Financially it achievable, for the actors - interesting because we have conceived and well-written character of Geralt, but also Renfli or Stregobor. Every agent in town will read a script from our producers.. The problem is the age: most of the actors, which we think are people in their fifties and our witcher must be very physically fit."

If you interesed, here you have a different interview with Bagiński with English subtitles, where he speaks about Witcher movie

I get your point. I wasn't suggesting they only get Mads. It's just tough looking at young actors I can't imagine them playing Geralt. Hope they do it right, and find a way with the effects and make up to make him realistic. Thank you! I'll watch that. It's great this is all happening soon, we've got a witchery thing coming!!

With a little bit of miracle of make-up every young man with physical qualities can be transformed:

---------- Updated at 04:30 PM ----------

Amazing news for all the lovers of the theater the musical The Witcher: A Temerian Story will be set on stage at the Duchess Theater in London's West End. It is called ' the West End's most controversial musical ever' and the world tour will follow early next year. For more information check the link: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-witcher-the-musical-hits-london-s-west-end/093719

With a little bit of miracle of make-up every young man with physical qualities can be transformed:

---------- Updated at 04:30 PM ----------

Amazing news for all the lovers of the theater the musical The Witcher: A Temerian Story will be set on stage at the Duchess Theater in London's West End. It is called ' the West End's most controversial musical ever' and the world tour will follow early next year. For more information check the link: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-witcher-the-musical-hits-london-s-west-end/093719

"Top 10 Unknown Facts About the Witcher Games".

If they are unknown, then how do the creators of the video know about them? :p

Lol good remark @Eredin_Breacc_Glas! :)

---------- Updated at 09:53 PM ----------

Money, money money! The budget of 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 was over $10 million per episode which means that the full season will cost over $100 million, compared to this fact $30 million is a small amount of money regarding the film making and contradicts to and decreases the great expectations and enthusiasm witch is parallel to such demanding enterprise, so I will paraphrase G.R.R. Martin who after one of the earliest season of his series said: 'If you want something more spectacular, give us more money to make it great!.'

Mh what does Baginski talk about making of The Witcher game have to do with this? He is talking about the CG intro, we knows how it's great,we can only hope that with his skill on making good short movies and intro he can deliver a good product but it has nothing to do with recent facts...

And about the second video: Hey guys, have you heard that a movie based on the video game and book series The Witcher has been announced for 2017. Any thoughts? ...Maybe the guy had a good talk but this description kills everything. :p

compared to this fact $30 million is a small amount of money regarding the film making and contradicts to and decreases the great expectations and enthusiasm witch is parallel to such demanding enterprise

You 're right but remember what short stories they are doing. There are no epic fights with 100 000 soldiers, basically they just need to create Striga, and one kikimore, rest of it it's just acting. Also, they want to shoot in Poland and maybe so other Eastern European counties so costs are obviously lower than in US. Bagiński stressed once that the higher budget is, the lower control you have on the movie because producers try to make changes in order to earn more money. I'm not saying that movie will be great, but I think that budget won't be main reason of failiure it if flops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom