Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sephira there is the difference in shooting European and American movie. The first video shows the the development of the idea in creating the movie after the series of video games during several years because Mr Baginski as also an illustrator and animator so that there were discussions whether the film should be made with CGI characters or real actors. This reminds me of The Lord of the Rings where the first attempt of transferring book into the other media was making the animated version. In the second video there is the conversation about the money where the main point is that without the great investments there can not be great movie while in Europe the quality of the movie is not defined by the amount of money but there is a focus on other qualities.

Money, money money! The budget of 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 was over $10 million per episode which means that the full season will cost over $100 million, compared to this fact $30 million is a small amount of money regarding the film making and contradicts to and decreases the great expectations and enthusiasm witch is parallel to such demanding enterprise
What Russians can do with $20 million:
[video=youtube;G-gZqGDaYTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gZqGDaYTY[/video]
They certainly have some Skellige blood in their veins :p

What Russians can do with $20 million

And also this. Sergei Bodrov created some terrific movies in the past, having just a few million bucks in his pockets.

(Nice avatar, btw. ;) )

Sapkowski said 1st time when Baginski asked him for rights for Witcher movie by Hollywood, He said no. He didnt need it. He doesnt trust Holywood can make a good movie. He is confident Russians can do a good Witcher movie tho.

Last edited:
What Russians can do with $20 million:
[video=youtube;G-gZqGDaYTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gZqGDaYTY[/video]
They certainly have some Skellige blood in their veins :p

Woah. Obviously fake wigs are obviously fake.

Besides that, though, it looks freaking awesome. It's too bad I have no idea what's going on. :p

Love Genghis, but haven't seen this movie yet... time to fix that!

If we're thinking about the same movie (The one that won a crud-tun of awards.), then it's an absolute must-see.

By the way, is that Haakland, in the picture (I feel like I've seen that picture a number of times on these forums.)?

Last edited:
Seems like there should be whole another thread about russian movie industry :D But all these trailers proves that if Bagiński disappoints excusing himself with small budget won't be justfied

Not exclusively a Russian thing. Star Wars (1977) had a budget of $11 million (today that would be around $40 million) and still became one of the greatest brands in the world. Money should not be an issue.
What remains to be seen though is how Geralt will measure up to Obi Wan :D

Based on your profile picture, I'm guessing that you're NOT a fan of Star Wars, right?

:D

Based on your profile picture, I'm guessing that you're NOT a fan of Star Wars, right?

Horrid, horrid thing Star Wars. Quite disturbing honestly.

Geralt seems to be a huge fan though. He tries to copy my Force push and Jedi mind trick fairly frequently, but he’s still a padawan. What would a lowly witcher know of the Force anyway. We’ll see how he fares in the movies, maybe special effects will help him a bit ;)

Just've watched Bodrov's Mongol. Masterpiece :pride:

#TeamHakland

I doubt your allegiance to #TeamHaakland when you don't even spell our beloved nation's name correctly! :p

Jokes aside, though? Yeah...that movie was incredible. Even more so, when you consider the fact that he paid for that movie in peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom