Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just've watched Bodrov's Mongol. Masterpiece :pride:

#TeamHakland
Yep, this is why I believe Witcher movie can be good too. All depends on how Mr. Baginski and his crew will manage without large sums of money. I'm truly intrigued with what they can come up with.

And I think papa Blaszczak should work on soundtrack for the Witcher movie. Just let him do it. :smiling2:

On a side note. Soundtrack from Mongol so much reminds me of Velen/White Orchard. SO GOOD.

Somehow I have a feeling the movie is gonna suck bad, afterall the cinematics & storyline CDprojekred has showed us clearly raised the bar so high I doubt anyone can top it. Although there's news that they're gonna make the 1st movie base on the short story "Lesser Evil" from the book "The Last Wish". But Dear Melitele let it be good. Annnyway lets start some discussion. Who would you guys think would do the characters honor? Here's my list of actors who could play the characters pretty well.
Geralt - Mads Mikkelsen (Ooo he looks almost like him in Age of Uprising: The Legend of Michael Kohlhaas)
Yennefer - Eva Green (Hands down to her especially after watching Penny Dreadful)
Ciri - Keira Knightley perhaps
Triss - No idea
Dandelion - Up for suggestions!

Please feel free to add in other characters,I'm only listing the main ones at the moment. Hope to see some comments here =D

There are some straight-up dead-ringers in there. Especially in the first half and towards the end.

I agree with most of his/her picks, but Carrie-Anne Moss for Philippa Eilhart is wrong on so many levels. And for Emhyr, they might as well just go ahead and use the actual voice actor since he's on Game of Thrones, which is basically the exact same genre.

---------- Updated at 08:19 PM ----------

Although there's news that they're gonna make the 1st movie base on the short story "Lesser Evil" from the book "The Last Wish".

Do you happen to have a source for that? Not calling you out or anything, just that I haven't heard anything to this effect. If that's true I would be surprised, since the story from Blood and Wine was essentially based on The Lesser Evil and the character of Renfri.

No worries, here's one the sources that claims they're making it base on The Lesser Evil http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-movie-coming-in-2017-from-the-mummy-pr/1100-6432017/. If the sources are right, I doubt most of the characters in the video will appear since I recall only a few main characters appeared in the story. As for the Blood & Wine expansion,yea It's based on the same story but totally different timeline, I guess they did it on purpose to refresh some of our memories from the books so I don't think it has anything to do with the movie that's coming out, again given IF the sources are right.

Anything? There surely must be at least one movie of theirs that you enjoy. :p

Well, I'm a tough nut to crack and I'm kind of distraught on how 90% of movies are capeshit garbage.

As an American, I hope it stays true to the Polish roots. I don't want to get too political, but I fear they will change certain things for the sake of some arbitrary diviersity quota, and that really pisses me off. I love the witcher and I'd hate to see it toyed with part of Hollywood agenda. I hope that makes sense. My wish is this: stay true to Mr Andrzej Sapkowski vision of The Witcher.

If it were to do the former, I'd feel sorry for Polish fans. They'd be angry and every right to be. Look at how poorly Ghost Busters turned out, pretty badly I'd say!

Last edited:
Well, I'm a tough nut to crack and I'm kind of distraught on how 90% of movies are capeshit garbage.

As an American, I hope it stays true to the Polish roots. I don't want to get too political, but I fear they will change certain things for the sake of some arbitrary diviersity quota, and that really pisses me off. I love the witcher and I'd hate to see it toyed with part of Hollywood agenda. I hope that makes sense. My wish is this: stay true to Mr Andrzej Sapkowski vision of The Witcher.

If it were to do the former, I'd feel sorry for Polish fans. They'd be angry and every right to be. Look at how poorly Ghost Busters turned out, pretty badly I'd say!

I don't think they'd go so low as to try to fill a diversity quota in a world which contains zero non-whites. But, besides that, I do agree.

I don't think they'd go so low as to try to fill a diversity quota in a world which contains zero non-whites. But, besides that, I do agree.

I haven't posted here that much, but I'm glad some one agrees with me on that.

I'm just a bit skeptical, there is so much at stake. Its Geralt's first shot at the big screen, I just hope people get to see what I've read in the first 3 books. The enchanting tale of The White Wolf. I can't remember a book series that has made me feel and cry like TW.

Actually Zerrikanians are not White, and Sapkowski got the inspiration from the middle east in order to create the fictional Zerrikania.

Even in the Polish tv series Zerrikanians are tan and middle eastern looking or at least they tried.

In the games Azar Javed who is Zerrikanian looks non white, and as a matter of fact his name means eternal fire in old Persian.

Last edited:
Actually Zerrikanians are not White, and Sapkowski got the inspiration from the middle east in order to create the fictional Zerrikania.

Even in the Polish tv series Zerrikanians are tan and middle eastern looking or at least they tried.

In the games Azar Javed who is Zerrikanian looks non white, and as a matter of fact his name means eternal fire in old Persian.

Yeah I'd say the Zerrikanians are of Arabic/Middle Eastern descent, but the ones from the Northern Kingdoms are based on Europeans (Slavic and Germanic). Despite what Polygon thinks.

Believe me, I know all that. Haakland is Mongolia, Zerrikania is Egypt, Ofier is the Middle East, Zanguebar is Africa. I'm talking about life on the Continent, though. Foreigners simply don't come there. Birch and his two lady friends were a very rare case.

What I'm saying is that I could suddenly see Geralt with black Dandelion and Mexican Yennefer. Or, he suddenly has a multi-racial cast of hommies backing him up. Hollywood does what Hollywood wants.

Believe me, I know all that. Haakland is Mongolia, Zerrikania is Egypt, Ofier is the Middle East, Zanguebar is Africa. I'm talking about life on the Continent, though. Foreigners simply don't come there. Birch and his two lady friends were a very rare case.

What I'm saying is that I could suddenly see Geralt with black Dandelion and Mexican Yennefer. Or, he suddenly has a multi-racial cast of hommies backing him up. Hollywood does what Hollywood wants.

I tried to say in more gentler tone, because I know how this world walks on egg shells and I don't know how people are on CDPR forums. But yeah that's what I had in mind.

I fear Hollywood changing the characters I grew to love. If they do I shall cast a curse on them, like how Eredin turned Avallac'h turned into the ugliest man alive!

I tried to say in more gentler tone, because I know how this world walks on egg shells and I don't know how people are on CDPR forums. But yeah that's what I had in mind.

I fear Hollywood changing the characters I grew to love. If they do I shall cast a curse on them, like how Eredin turned Avallac'h turned into the ugliest man alive!

:p

Keep in mind, though, that I don't represent the population of these forums in any way. Many may disagree with my statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom