Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to say in more gentler tone, because I know how this world walks on egg shells and I don't know how people are on CDPR forums. But yeah that's what I had in mind.

I fear Hollywood changing the characters I grew to love. If they do I shall cast a curse on them, like how Eredin turned Avallac'h turned into the ugliest man alive!

Believe me, I know all that. Haakland is Mongolia, Zerrikania is Egypt, Ofier is the Middle East, Zanguebar is Africa. I'm talking about life on the Continent, though. Foreigners simply don't come there. Birch and his two lady friends were a very rare case.

What I'm saying is that I could suddenly see Geralt with black Dandelion and Mexican Yennefer. Or, he suddenly has a multi-racial cast of hommies backing him up. Hollywood does what Hollywood wants.

While I agree with you that I don't wanna see misrepresentation of the Witcher characters, as a general rule I'd worry more about Hollywood whitewashing everything.

Casting Whites as Egyptians has become a repeated practice in Hollywood and it was repeated in the recent release Gods of Egypt, or casting Jake Gyllenhael as Prince of persia, or many many other examples.

I don't want to see misrepresentation of any kind, but I think misrepresentation of other races takes the lead by a whole mile lol.

While I agree with you that I don't wanna see misrepresentation of the Witcher characters, as a general rule I'd worry more about Hollywood whitewashing everything.

Casting Whites as Egyptians has become a repeated practice in Hollywood and it was repeated in the recent release Gods of Egypt, or casting Jake Gyllenhael as Prince of persia, or many many other examples.

I don't want to see misrepresentation of any kind, but I think misrepresentation of other races takes the lead by a whole mile lol.

Agreed.

from the latest article about Mr. Sapkowski in Polcon 2016 :)

zdradził, że najprawdopodobiej wie, jaki aktor wcieli się w Geralta z Rivii w hollywoodzkiej ekranizacji w reżyserii Tomasza Bagińskiego. Zasugerował, że jest to znana postać oraz dodał, że do roli Geralta zgłosił się samodzielnie
http://www.kawerna.pl/aktualnosci/k...-sapkowskiego-wiesci-wprost-ze-spotkania.html

...he suggested he probably knows what actor will play Geralt of Rivia in the hollywood movie by Tomasz Bagiński. He suggested it to be a very famous figure and that he volunteered for Geralt’s role.

Last edited:

Guest 2091327

As tempting as it is to be excited about a Witcher movie... this is Hollywood. I have zero faith in them sensibly dealing with a universe of morally grey areas.

When the HBO fellas (eventually) managed to utterly arse-rape the Song of Ice and Fire source material, I'm not very hopeful about what will become of Sapkowski's great work. There will be somebody named Geralt, but apart from that...?

A few more details about the movie production from Polcon.

http://www.cdaction.pl/artykul-46394-2/wiedzmin-co-dalej-z-nowym-filmem.html

It confirms Mikkelsen is not going to play Geralt.

Thank you for the link - the concept art:

Last edited:
I really don't expect anything from the Witcher movie, but let's wait and see. The pictures don't say much, do they?

who knows if the movie will be made at the end.

Well it can't be worse than the tv series ...
At least they have a bigger budget for some better effects instead of plastic dragons or ketchup :D

Edit :
Ups i did read wrong
i did read " will be bad in the end.."

Last edited:
At least we can get some new music. Even the worst The Witcher adaptations usually have nice soundtrack.

But for now, keep calm and believe in Tomek.

Last edited:
http://www.cdaction.pl/artykul-46394...ym-filmem.html

"Still – a nerd convention where everyone utters the name "Andrzej Sapkowski" with respect comparable to a priest saying "Jesus Christ" simply had to see new information about The Witcher." Haha :rofl:

"We are only going to hear further news when his colleagues will be one hundred percent sure about the form their adaptation is going to take."

Well it doesn't sound like they were really advanced with this project...:skepticalzoltan:

ugh, i must be the only one not excited about this. hollywood's track record on book/video games...not great. especially when it comes to something like the Witcher's morally grey universe.

now if this was HBO doing a series, then by all means sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom