Witcher Toolset

+
I'm not 100% positive so don't quote me, but I do believe I read they are launching the toolset inline with the first extension as well. Which is fine with me. A continuation of the story built directly from the user toolset, and the toolset itself. Would make sense why it's taking a bit longer to launch.

I'm very much looking forward to the Toolset. Some aspects of it will, I think, turn out to be beyond me - but, if it leads me to finally get to grips with Max, then maybe that's not such a bad thing. ;)

nereng said:
That's a little inconvenient for those of us who dont' have a reliable internet-connection. Any suggestions for those? I'm currently considering registering the game on an internet-cafe machine and then try to download from there. If there's an exe-file it might work on my home computer, or it might not...Cheers! :)
I'd have to agree since I CAN'T register game. Oh well it'll be hosted on many other sites I'm sure once it is released, but still...I don't think it is only about bug squashing, but also making it much more user friendly.

anyone else looking forwards to writing a new ending?i'd love to get a bit of free roaming throughout the game going on. that would be awesome.

Im looking forward to the wonderful modders who are writing new endings. I bow to all of these modders.

Well, if they delay it much longer, my guess is that more and more serious modding crews will leave for other games. Too bad.

*sigh* Reading that PDF makes me think that buying The Witcher actually *was* a msitake. There's quite a list of things seemingly only found in the "Enhanced" version of the game coming to stores (if I go by that PDF alone). So, judging from that, they seem to expect people to buy the game again if they want the fixes and content. Very bad move in my opinion. And no, I don't think they'll make content like that available as a patch. The Mods, maybe, but not the re-recorded speech and rewritten dialog, amongst other things. But at least, there's a date for Djinni. Though I see I was correct when I said their ramblings about it coming "soon" were only the usual corporate bullshit. March 14th (if the date doesn't get changed again due to last minute problems or such) is more or less exactly 2 month after they first anounced it to be available soon. And 8 weeks is certainly not my idea of soon. ^_^"

Please read all news carefully, THE WHOLE CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD, AND I MEAN ALL INCLUDING CHANGES TO REALEASE VERSION, AND NEW MODELS AND ANIMATIONS AS WELL

Mike113 said:
Please read all news carefully, THE WHOLE CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD, AND I MEAN ALL INCLUDING CHANGES TO REALEASE VERSION, AND NEW MODELS AND ANIMATIONS AS WELL
they really need to put that in big black letters ontop of the all in the pfd , I looked around but couldent find it myself.

The thing is, I would rather have a workable game and a workable toolset and have to wait a few months longer than release stuff early and suffer through bugs and perhaps a much smaller manual about Djinni. If it was a year after they said soon, then yes that's a bit too much, but I've personally waited over a year for some updates to games in the past that have said "soon" so this was a godsend.As for the updates, CDProjekt themselves have gotten onto these forums in the news post and repeatedly said that ALL the new content is downloadable if you already have the game. Including voice sets, animations, etc. It's probably going to be a rather large update though.

It is one hell of an update - different character models, the inventory mods people have requested, the re-recorded dialogue and the djinni editor to boot - sounds great. OK - it isn't soon by my book and I probably won't be checking back into the forums until it is released - but it does sound great. Looks like the managed to squeeze the a55holes at Atari to pay them to work a bit further on the game. (Cannot for the life of me understand the re-release of the game though. The 600 thou copies sold must have wiped out the stock of the first pressing if they are doing a game of the year edition...)

1. Kids, relax. Notice how I wrote in my post "going by that pfd alone"? Those like me who do not read the news posts regularily but instead only read the PDF file *can* get the impression that not all content will be made available at no cost to the previous buyers.2. "Soon". One of the most debated terms in regards to releases, I dare say. And sorry, but I still stand with my opinion that anything more than 2 weeks is not "soon" anymore. Try go tell your boss at work you'll be done "soon" and then take a couple of months to actually complete it. Most would likely get their papers. So why are customers expected to put up with this PR bullcrap? I have no problem with them taking their time to produce a good product, but I do have a problem with the whole PR that is sadly pretty standard for the software industry. 3. I wonder how CDPR plans to get all the extra content/patches/addons to the people (previous buyers)... if truly everything mentioned will be made available for download, we are likely talking about a download of more than 1 GB in size... per customer. Do they have that kind of logistical capability to pull that off?

SpiritWolf448 said:
1. Kids, relax. Notice how I wrote in my post "going by that pfd alone"? Those like me who do not read the news posts regularily but instead only read the PDF file *can* get the impression that not all content will be made available at no cost to the previous buyers.2. "Soon". One of the most debated terms in regards to releases, I dare say. And sorry, but I still stand with my opinion that anything more than 2 weeks is not "soon" anymore. Try go tell your boss at work you'll be done "soon" and then take a couple of months to actually complete it. Most would likely get their papers. So why are customers expected to put up with this PR bullcrap? I have no problem with them taking their time to produce a good product, but I do have a problem with the whole PR that is sadly pretty standard for the software industry. 3. I wonder how CDPR plans to get all the extra content/patches/addons to the people (previous buyers)... if truly everything mentioned will be made available for download, we are likely talking about a download of more than 1 GB in size... per customer. Do they have that kind of logistical capability to pull that off?
Maybe we can ease the load by setting up a couple of seeders through torrents ? ;D

Timpan said:
Timpan said:
Maybe we can ease the load by setting up a couple of seeders through torrents ? ;D
I expect that would breach copyright seeing as it's only available for registered game owners.

kalniel said:
kalniel said:
I expect that would breach copyright seeing as it's only available for registered game owners.
Not if the CD PROJEKT RED set up a private tracker, which only registered users would have access to.

Mh.. let's see. I *assume* the size of the whole stuff to be roughly 1 GB, obviously I don't *know*, but re-recorded speech, re-written dialog, new graphical assets ect. won't likely be small in size.The game sold in excess of 600k copies, but some of the stuff, like the re-recorded speech, are partial to a certain language version, and some people will likely buy the Enhanced Version in stores regardless of it being available for download (maybe because they are still on Dial-Up or something)....so let'S assume 250k people will want to download the entire stuff.1 GB assumed size x 250.000 assumed downloaders = 250.000 GB of traffic generated (*if* every downloader suceeds with the download at first try and has no connection-loss or other problems)Quite a challenge. I must admit I am pretty curious how CDPR want's to handle it. ;DBut hey, maybe I am just totally misjudging the size and number of people who actually want to download, so...

Well seeing the site 'only' has 157428 registered members, I suppose their'll be less downloads, people who haven't registered probably won't bother checking for an enhanced edition, and some of those 157428 people will probably buy the enhanced edition anyway. :)

Top Bottom