Witcher's world is too dark

+
Witcher's world is too dark

Hi guys. Can You help me with my issue?
I've got increased gamma to max brightness but even by the day i had to run with torch, cause everything looks like in a midnight.

I can fix this using the Nvidia control panel, but then my desktop is almost white, too bright to do anything.

Changing gamma in nvidia software several times per day is tiring.

If You help me i can go with you on a drink, milk, cola or burger :)

Regards

Gamma keeps changing default value (by itself)

Every so often after I reboot, the gamma slider will readjust by itself. So it can be brighter than when I left the game.
Keep in mind i dont have any reshades or anything installed. I do have a lighting mod installed, but even when if I delete that mod, it will still change the gamma default sporadically!

You know how you're supposed to slide until you see the logo? Well mine is very much visible even when the slider is completely on the left

Attachments

• 20170418214811_1.jpg
    20170418214811_1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,724
Last edited:
Just to summarize: This can happen with preserved gamma if playing in Fullscreen mode, or an outright GPU override if playing in Windowed / Borderless modes. In the latter case, the game will default to your GPU's desktop color settings, and the in-game slider should have no effect.

I recommend playing in Fullscreen mode with preserved settings off. Seems to create smoother performance, overall. In-game slider should work then.

Mergers!

Also, note that if playing Fullscreen, Alt-Tabbing may switch the game to Windowed / Borderless and muck with the gamma settings. They may not return to Fullscreen slider settings.

Last edited:
I have preserve Gamma set to off. If it's set to on, the gamma setting disappears. And Alt Tabbing for me doesn't change it to Borderless Window.

For reference, I have Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU and a ASUS PG279Q monitor.

Last edited:
Thanks for response, but it doesn't work at all. System Gamma is turned off, in game: When i try to set gamma i cannot see witcher's logo even it is set on max

I've done a lot of fiddling with the game's Gamma setting and I have come to the conclusion that it is broken, resetting every time I re-launch the game (GOTY as well as non_GOTY versions of the game).

KorniXPL you seem to be having a very weird problem though! I would suggest keeping the "Preserve System Gamma" setting to ON.

Check your user.settings file is not set to read-Only, then open it and do a search for "Gamma" and set the value to 1.0 and save the file. I know I suggested to preserve system Gamma, but this is a good way to make absolutely sure that if your game is using in-game gamma, that at least it is set to the neutral vanilla position.

Secondly, calibrate your monitor! http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
Especially the Gamma setting.

If none of this is working, I would suggest re-installing your graphics drivers (do a fresh install) and if that does not solve the problem, re-install your game.

Also check in your Nvidia settings that you are using RGP "Limited" and not "Full" range. I find that Witcher 3 appears too dark with Full RGP.

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n8430610 said:
I've done a lot of fiddling with the game's Gamma setting and I have come to the conclusion that it is broken, resetting every time I re-launch the game (GOTY as well as non_GOTY versions of the game).

Do you have your installation anywhere under either Program Files or Program Files(x86)? The only way for the settings to be lost is if something overwrites them...or prevents them from writing to the config files and saving. Sounds like it could be typical UAC / Windows Permissions at work in that regard.

Top Bottom