With so many body types among NPCs, why can't we change V's?

+
CBBE and Bodyslide have been out for Skyrim and Fallout 4 for years and years. I refuse to believe that CDPR's professional and talented developers on this day and age are so incompetent that they can't figure out how to do something amateur programmers have been doing for years. Same with hair color sliders, road GPS overlays and basic vehicle customization, just to name a few.

So obviously it's not the programmers, that means it was a management choice with game direction. *sarcasm*I know concidering how stellar the game is right now, that CDPR management screwed the pooch on this one as well is shocking... shocking.*/sarcasm*

The problem probably is as someone else said is that cdpr wanted to do everything in-house and bit off more than they could chew. And with that features that I think should be standard were kicked to the curb.
Exactly.

In all honesty if my physical size changed as I played based on how much I invest in the body attribute...I'd be totally good with that.
I've been waiting for that since the first RPG I've played. Funny thing is. That even in Oblivion some NPCs would comment on your muscles if you had a very high strength, but it was never visualized in any game afaik. Oh, except in GTA:San Andreas, which is not an RPG and so it's only visual.

This sort of reminds me of Shadow of the Tomb Raider when we were originally going to get a buff Lara until someone chickened out.

BUMP!!

Hair Growth and hair cuts!!

Body Composition (starting customization and/or how much you consume vs how much stamina you burn - this WOULD be a nightmare to add meshes for tho)...

Height... Width/Breadth (this WOULD mess w hit boxes tho)

Attribute reflection (more body for body (literally more size), reflexes already has speed, more tech for tech (lines and ports on the skin), some kind of effect for int (maybe eye glow) and cool (gait or something)

Theyve already locked presets into customization but i was surprised to see ZERO morph options... I look so much more like a Neanderthal than any of the faces allow, lol

We need CBBE and Bodyslide in the game, and full development kit release then we can soon develop body replacer mods, physics, stand-alone companion mods and clothes mods which accommodate variable body forms without much (if any) clipping. Even the NPC body range isn't that diverse at present, even though the clothing is. Basically every female in the game has the same figure except for the odd 'plus size' but in a supposed future world where body augmentation and technology is an everyday obsession and huge commercial industry, everyone has the same size chest, height, or body shape? Unlikely

UPDATE: That said, the very first pilot body replacement 'Body Mod' by Spawno emerged on Nexus yesterday Feb 2nd It's kinda crude yet, more of a 'thicc' chesty V, a Work In Progress, and it's a simple replacer with no variable slider settings. It needs more polys to round the body part lines, and operates as a total body replacement for all female NPC plus the player character so its not exclusive to V alone (yet).

The mod creator has expressed that this is his chosen line of development, and he intends to make separate and better mods for both NPC types and for 'V' female. It's already got 10 pages of comments and requests, and to many this is the high demand 'Holy Grail' of modding. With time we are now en-route to the custom made avatar in the Caliente/ BodySlide traditions of Skyrim, Fallout ands others. (Image courtesy of mod creator)

1424-1612278385-1241417209.jpeg

Last edited:
Knowing that REDEngine 4, which powers this game, is based upon REDEngine 3, which powered The Witcher 3, it's kind of surprising we don't see similar mechanics used in this game. I mean, Geralts hair would grow over time, regardless of what haircut you'd give him, so why that's missing from CP2077 is anyone's guess. And there's other things that previous REDEngine games did that this one somehow doesn't.

There has to be some limitations to the body type, so the clothes won't clip. Having too many variations, would be unfathomable amounts of extra work, ...
It wouldn't be, at least if done right. Proof (be sure to check near the middle where separate areas of the body are being adjusted):

And this one is even MMO, so _all_ those settings not only produce non-clipping clothes (which adjust to player-set body parameters real-time), but it also sends all those settings to all other players around real-time, so that _they_ also see no clipping on anyone. Indeed, it ain't rocket science really - merely a small array of several dozens simple integers defining each character's unique shape, body and head features altogether.

For a SP game, it'd be so much easier to implement this (or even better) level of customizaiton. Instead, we get 3 different set-in-stone breast sizes, which even fail to render properly to selected size whenever under any garments... :( :(

That game was in development since 2010, and released in 2015, so 5 years - not 8, like CP2077. And it ain't "last gen" tech, too, being already finely implemented in 2015 as you can see.

Thus, in this regard, CDPR has no excuse whatsoever. It just sucks in compare to BDO in this regard - and it does it big, big time, being released ~5 years after BDO. And it hurts me to say this. But CDPR, if we don't tell you such truths - who will?

It wouldn't be, at least if done right. Proof (be sure to check near the middle where separate areas of the body are being adjusted):

And this one is even MMO, so _all_ those settings not only produce non-clipping clothes (which adjust to player-set body parameters real-time), but it also sends all those settings to all other players around real-time, so that _they_ also see no clipping on anyone. Indeed, it ain't rocket science really - merely a small array of several dozens simple integers defining each character's unique shape, body and head features altogether.

For a SP game, it'd be so much easier to implement this (or even better) level of customizaiton. Instead, we get 3 different set-in-stone breast sizes, which even fail to render properly to selected size whenever under any garments... :( :(

That game was in development since 2010, and released in 2015, so 5 years - not 8, like CP2077. And it ain't "last gen" tech, too, being already finely implemented in 2015 as you can see.

Thus, in this regard, CDPR has no excuse whatsoever. It just sucks in compare to BDO in this regard - and it does it big, big time, being released ~5 years after BDO. And it hurts me to say this. But CDPR, if we don't tell you such truths - who will?
You're forgetting, however, that, like many games of the latter half of the last decade, Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't actually in proper development for more than the last two years. Everything between 2012 and 2016 was pre-planning and a little tinkering with what was at the time, REDEngine 3, used to develop The Witcher 3. It wasn't until The Witcher 3 shipped, that development for Cyberpunk 2077 really kicked off. And then there's the various documented difficulties the development team ran into... Suffice to say, it's pretty hard to make a proper comparison.

Suffice to say, BDO is F2P in some countries and merely ~10 USD in US and alike, while CP2077 comes with much higher price tag everywhere. Sure, BDO has plenty of its own messed up things, but in this particular aspect - character creator in general, body customization in particular? CP2077 loses.

As for excuses _why_ it does, sure, there are excuses. Does not change the fact itself - nor my point that technically, corresponding tech both exists, and not oh too complicated to replicate, for any world-class gamedev studio, which CDPR desires to be.

I'm on a forum about clothing not representing physical choices that's a lot like this. The character creation and clothing customization in this game is just sad broken promises. No painting it any other way.

It's really bizarre that they included breast sizes. It looks extremely tacky to allow the player to select small or large breasts but all the outfits in game use the default size. It literally defeats the purpose of having the option.
Never in my life have I seen a full fledged video game do this, indie nor triple A.
Like if you run out of time and can't complete that feature just leave it out. It looks like incompetence at best.

Right now tattoos are clipping with the clothing/skin.... I can't even imagine how bad the game would look with different body types... would love to see more varieties in the future tho

Was also kinda disappointed to be stuck with one body type, but there already some neat mods ot there to help it...

It's really bizarre that they included breast sizes. It looks extremely tacky to allow the player to select small or large breasts but all the outfits in game use the default size. It literally defeats the purpose of having the option.
Never in my life have I seen a full fledged video game do this, indie nor triple A.
Like if you run out of time and can't complete that feature just leave it out. It looks like incompetence at best.
I agree. Breasts and Penis in the current state are gimmicks. I rather just not have them. With how basic the creator is. Whenever I start a new game. I just use the presets. Get out of the creator as fast as possible. I wonder how the game would have been. If they just used a stock game engine like Unreal.

Top Bottom